Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-27-2006, 07:26 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Memorial Day Weekend Chat - May 27th, 28th and 29th

Good Morning !!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Saturday whoooooooooot

How is everyone today? I have a poop load of cleaning to do but after that, around 1 - 2 pm, I quit and I'm taking DD to see over the hedge. Its humid here.... strange, we go from 50 degrees to 90 on monday in one week OY.

Whats everyone doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

This weekend when we are BBQing with family and friends, please remember the true meaning of Memorial Day.

God Bless The Military And Their Families

THANK YOU ALL

As we stand here looking
At the flags upon these graves
Know these flags represent
A few of the true American brave

They fought for their Country
As man has through all of time
Except that these soldiers lying here
Fought for your country and mine

As we all are gathered here
To pay them our respect
Let's pass this word to others
It's what they would expect

I'm sure that they would do it
If it were me or you
To show we did not die in vein
But for the red, white and blue.

Let's pass on to our children
And to those who never knew
What these soldiers died for
It's the least we can do

Let's not forget their families
Great pain they had to bear
Losing a son, father or husband
They need to know we still care

No matter which war was fought
On the day that they died
I stand here looking at these flags
Filled with American pride.

So as the bugler plays out Taps
With its sweet and eerie sound
Pray for these soldiers lying here
In this sacred, hallowed ground.

Take home with you a sense of pride
You were here Memorial Day.
Celebrating the way Americans should
On this solemnest of days.

I miss you Dad

Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

Leenie - thanks for the poem! BEAUTIFUL!

I've been cleaning since 7 this morning - it's 1:30 now - and i'm still cleaning. It was bad I tell ya - B A D!!!!! hope to get done in an hour or so and then color my hair and then 2 nieces are going by to visit. One of them is moving for her dh to Florida.

hope everyone has a great weekend!
later gaters,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #4  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everyone Does everyone have plans this weekend? Today I'm mostly just getting some work done and maybe going to a movie tonight. Tomorrow is baccalaureate (which normally I wouldn't go to because I'm not Christian but my mom is and she wants me to), and after that we have our senior class lock-in. I can't wait for this next week to be over with, though. I'm ready to grab my high school diploma and run with it :P I'm trying to get ready to go to Germany, too. I reeeally hope I don't gain weight over there! I'll have to try very hard to work out when I can to keep in shape.

Talk to you all later!
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:37 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Gang!

Congrats Heather on the first steps w/out crutches!

Angela - I hope you enjoy your time out of town with your friends!

Liz - I'm working too. Luckily I am off Monday - Wed. Nights. Hang in there!

Great Poem, Leenie!

Cathy. I hear about cleaning. We were there last week. Now I am trying to bribe hub to do the cleaning while I'm away "house/pet sitting" for in-laws. We'll see how that goes! lol.

lessthansign3 - Congrats on graduating and very cool to go to Germany! I'm sure you'll be fine! No plans here, except working! Yippee! lol.

I hope everybody else is enjoying their Holiday Weekend!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:27 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Flady, whats up this weekend, any plans? I was invited to one bbq but think I'll pass.

Cathy ya done cleaning yet?

Lessthan, congrats on Graduating WHOOT!!!! that a girl, I'm so proud of you. Its very difficult these days and it just makes me happy when I hear that young people are succeeding.

I took DD to see Over The Hedge yesterday... VERY CUTE!!!! Makes it more funny when you know who the characters really are. Bruce Willis and William Schatner to name 2.

Getting old stinks.... I had TOM 14 days ago and poof, I got it again yesterday, exactly 2 weeks apart. That explains the wanting to eat (and I did) like a pig these past 2 days

I have lots of laundry to fold and put away.... other than that, no plans for today.

How about you all ?
Old 05-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #7  

Hey gang!

It has been a whirlwind weekend......3 parties and working everyday.......so a nice balance of work and play.

Today I want to get the laundry done and the house whipped into shape before it is back to school tomorrow.

Have a good one everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #8  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Thanks everyone Graduation isn't the hard part... it's surviving all the pointless high school drama :P I must say, teenage life now is much more stressful than it used to be, in my opinion. That's why I think more kids are becoming depressed like I was. It feels good to have gone over a week now without having any panic attacks or anything despite still being bombarded by drama among my friends. Oh yeah, and I'm down to 148.5 lbs 8.5 lbs till my goal!! I'm so excited ^_^

<333
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272.5/266.5/135

Height: 5'6"

No plans here except for the cleaning.....as it seems everyone is doing this weekend. Things are going well. DH starts some summer classes Thursday, and I have to figure out what to do for Kyle's party. He turns 5 on the 13th. Lane seems to be a little on the sickly side....doesn't really want to play just laying around. Just hanging out in this hot humid weather.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Misty
mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Gang!

No plans for me, I'm working. Fun I know! lol. But tonight is my "Friday" so after tonight I get 3 days off. Now lets hope that my in-laws get back early tomorrow so I can actually ENJOY my days off! (house/pet sitting)

I wanna see over the hedge too, looks 2 cute!

Liz - have fun and don't work too hard!

<333 - I have to agree with ya there. I wouldn't want to be a teen now a days. It was hard enough when I went through it back then! lol. Great Job on going w/out panic attacks and the weightloss!

Misty - I have to clean whenever I get back from my in-laws. Unless I can talk hubby into doing it before I return! lol. to your hubby and hope that Kyle has a good time at his bday party! I hope Lane feels better.

Have a Great Sunday!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:01 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Well the party I said I wasn't going to last night........I went to. It was really nice, but but but I ate to much dessert oh well today' a new day.

Flady, you go girl and enjoy your weekend. I'm so glad we had today off, it was looooooooooong needed.

Misty, my DD turns 5 this august too. She is having a scooby doo party LOL. They are so much fun at this age, I just want it to go reallllly slow.

Lessthan, congrats on being so close to goal, you really worked very hard and deserve it. Watcha gonna do once you hit that magic #? are you going on a trip, or buying yourself something ?

Liz, good to see your having a rockin weekend as well....whip my house too will yah. Did you ever get the house keeper you were talking about?

Well, I'm gonna surf a bit and then make dd breakfast.... bbl.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

Old 05-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #12  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

I've kind of been MIA lately. Lots has been going on, just haven't had alot of time to post! Good to "see" you all again! Well it's not Memorial Day here in Canada, but I still observe it, I think it's important, and it's not a long weekend...we had ours last weekend! So confusing! I've been trying so hard to get rid of alot of the junk in my apartment, because it's getting so crammed in here. It feels like a losing battle though. There somehow gets to be more that gets put back in it's place! Not really sure what to do about it. DH hasn't been too helpful in that area, as he's a pack rat as well. Just when I accomplish something, 4 minutes later and the place is a disaster! All my hard work!!! It kind of gets frustrating!

The weather here has been hot and HUMID!!!! Or as my mom says it's "sticky season"...Hahaha! We live in an attic that was renovated into an apartment, so it is REALLY hot up here. It's sad when you have to go outside to get relief from the heat inside! Oh well, in a few months we'll be wanting warm weather instead of snow...you just can't win I guess!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I've had my 2 cups of coffee this morning and now I'm having some wheat toast. Gonna walk a couple of miles with Leslie and then do some picking up around here and hope to take it easy the rest of the day.

It is raining cats and dogs down here today which is good bec we really need it.

Hope everyone has a BLESSED MEMORIAL DAY!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #14  
CIN

Hi Gals
Suddenly SUMMER here in Ky.I walked early then potted a few flowers.

I made chicken with veggies in aluminum foil pockets on the grill.........we had baked beans and corn on the cob with the pockets! Figured I would grill out for lunch instead of supper since it looks like rain! (good time for a nap)

I return to lead one meeting tomorrow and my husbands starts a new job.........in the morning.leaves around 6:15 I think..............quite a change since he will soon be 60 but we needed the additional income. He is working as a security guard at the University Hospital here. Great benefits etc! And days! So he can still work his at home business as well. Thankful!!!!

Life is ever changing and you gotta roll with the changes or YOU could get left behind!

Be blessed you all!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #15  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Leenie - Beautiful poem Don't worry about the dessert. You're right, today is another day!

CIN - That sounds so yummy! we are making hot dogs on the BBQ today. I'm having the FF Beef ones. DB will be having regulars.. the poor guy, he's 5'11" and 140lbs ::envious::

Canadian_Mickey - I hear ya on the humidity, it is 91° here today! It's so icky. I walked up to the grocery store and my whole back was soaked ewwww.

Cathy - Hope you have a nice walk! Maybe the rain will help the cool down, lol.

Flady - Have a nice 3 days off!

lessthansign3 - Congrats on your graduation! I know what you mean about being a teenager, it gets harder and harder. There's a lack of communication between teens and adults, well, there was in my life anyway.. Long story short, people need to give teens more credit. Oh and congrats on being so close to your goal, that is so exciting!

To anyone I missed -

It's been a crazy week.. I'm dealing with DB's tax situation, which we are hoping to get resolved soon. Our lawyer is making an offer to the IRS and hoping they will take it. My DB didn't pay taxes.. oy vey, it was before me, but has now caught up with him. He was raised being tolld they weren't important, whereas I was raised being told "If you can't be certain of anything else, you can be certain of death and taxes" lol... my dad's a bit on the pessimistic side.

On a happy note, I'm past the halfway mark on my weight loss goal. I also fit in my size 14's! It was over 2 years since I was in a 14. 2 years ago, I had lost 50lbs on a "diet" as opposed to a lifestyle, which is why I gained it all back and then some. Before that I was in the 220 range for most of my teen years. Anyway, I was really happy I'm back on track. I did 10 miles on my elliptical today.. DB said I was a machine, hahaha.

Hope you all have a nice Memorial Day..

Candi
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote