Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Question An Odd Question

I have an odd question to ask...
While you were losing weight did you lose lots of weight from your stomach in the area below your belly button but the fat in the area above your belly button but below your breasts was more stubborn?
If so, please reassure me that it evens out! I am frustrated with my appearance because it looks like I am wearing pants that are a size too small even if I am wearing pants that are too big (that look of fat smooshed up and over the waistband) Plus I keep getting asked when my baby is due!!!!!!!
Sorry the question is so weird, but it is bugging me that the fat is coming off my stomach is such a weird way.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #2  
Meg

Hi Laura!

I don't think that what's happening to you is unusual at all. I didn't personally lose the way you are but it was bizarre at times ... and it took quite a while for some body parts to catch up to others. I lost a ton off my waist before my hips, and the result was that no pants fit me for about four months due to that huge gap in the waistband of my pants (you could have parked a truck in it).

Some people actually lose on one SIDE before the other, so they end up kinda lop-sided! It all seems to even out in the end, though. It sure would be nice if the fat came off evenly, but we all need that dreaded word - patience.

Losing weight has got to be one of the most amazing adventures since a lot of the time we really don't have any control over what our bodies are going to do. We can eat right and exercise and the fat just seems to come off the craziest places!! Hang in there and I'm sure it will even out in the end.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #3  
Black Belt In Training

Thanks! Makes me feel better. It is so weird having hips smaller than my waist. Anyway...
Plus it helps that, though my stomach is a mess and most likely won't really look too much better in the future as I'm 98% sure I'm gonna have some serious loose skin issues there (been overweight since age 10 and have had 3 babies with 2 of them big: 9lb11oz and 10lb1oz), my legs are looking really good and I have some gorgeous thigh muscles from all the kicking I'm doing in Tae Kwon Do class.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:20 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Laura, this is exactly how my weight came off too. I had to buy all my jeans so they button below the belly button to get them to fit right in the hips and thighs. My waist is 33 inches now and my hips 31 inches, so I know what you mean. This last 10 lbs. to lose is proving to take more off waist and boobs than the rest of my weight loss put together.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #5  
Black Belt In Training

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
Laura, this is exactly how my weight came off too. I had to buy all my jeans so they button below the belly button to get them to fit right in the hips and thighs. My waist is 33 inches now and my hips 31 inches, so I know what you mean. This last 10 lbs. to lose is proving to take more off waist and boobs than the rest of my weight loss put together.
Thank you! It is good to that it will start to come off eventually. Funny that is is the very very last bit to go though!
Currently my waist is 37 inches, but above my belly button is is 40-42! ack!