Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Feeling Overwhelmed!

I'm feeling really overwhelmed! The past few weeks I've completely lost any motivation to care about what I eat, or exercising! I haven't seen any weight loss in over 2 months, and only 1 1/2 inches total in the 4 1/2 Months I've been doing this...I'm so frustrated! I've tried to eat more veggies, cut back on my carbs, but it just doesn't seem like it's doing anything. People have said, the less you have to lose the harder it is...GRRRRRRRR!!!! I read these posts and see these pic's of people losing even 2 Lb's in a month...and I'm like "Why can't I do that??" I don't have access to a gym, I walk...but it feels like I'm not accomplishing much...I don't even break a sweat! I just don't know what to do anymore....I'm starting to not even care anymore, because "hey it's not working anyway, so why bother!" HELP!!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 PM   #2  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

You may have decrease your cal intake and increase your activity. I know, its the same cliche response but it simply is the truth. Do not loose hope, you may let your self go and gain the 9 you already lost be very proud of that 9 pounds, that's great
love1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

I know how you're feeling! I was annoyed because I wasn't seeing a drop in lbs at all....I was going back and forth within the same 4 lbs!!!! Up and down...and I knew that was water weight! I let myself slip on the exercise, started eating now quite as well...still not AWFUL, but not salads for dinner, snacking late at night, and all that....I stayed off the scales for a little over a week I think, just cause I was upset. Yesterday I hopped on just to see, and I was down 5.lbs. Not much, but it was the most I'd seen the scale go down! I got on a few minutes ago and it's up a few tenths of a lb, but I realize what time of night it is, I've been drinking alot of water and ate dinner earlier...so I'm sure in the morning it will be a little bit lower.

Don't give up! Maybe you should give yourself a little break. Don't go back to the 'old' way of eating and sitting around...just cut back on yourself a little. Stay away from the scales and focus on how good your body feels, as far as fitness. I realize that even though I'm still carrying my weight, I can breathe easier while exercising, I can do more exercise and it's all going to add up in the end!

Maybe cutting carbs isn't for you? That's extremely possible! I've read that calcium helps lose weight, maybe you could up your calcium a bit? Protein? If what you're doing isn't working, maybe just tweak it a little.

Up your pace when you're walking! I just went back and read your post again....walking is good exercise,and I've seen it drop pound after pound off my sisters all my life (yo yo dieters and on again off again walkers) but they always walked at a brisk pace and usually were breathing hard. Maybe you need to step that up some!

Maybe try another type of exercise? I ride a bike for my exercise and I've seen such a difference in my fitness level...you wouldn't believe the change!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

That's what gets me frustrated, is that I don't know what to cut back on, what to keep....HAVE NO CLUE!!! I've tried cutting back carb,s and adding more protein, adding and subtracting calories, and upping exercise, and NOTHING!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I'm just so flippin' frustrated!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:29 AM   #5  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

You don't necessarily need a gym in order to exercise AND get a good workout. Lots of outdoors or at home options - power walking, walking up real stairs, running/jogging. You can carry some light weights when walking, or do hills if that's possible in your area. Then there's rope skipping, and all sorts of exercises you don't need equipment for, and you can make weights for your arms at home. Even playing with a dog. Not to mention tapes and CDs with different workouts - you can swap with friends or borrow them at a library or even Blockbuster's if you don't want to buy. Sometimes you can get exercise equipment, such as stationary bikes or treadmills, at garage sales - more often than not they'll be old, but as long as they work and you get a good bargain, why not?

I do relate to how you're feeling because I'm having a hard time shedding those pounds off myself and have been trying to get under 130 for some three months now. But most of the time, I manage to exercise just fine even though I don't have access to a gym either.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #6  

Mickey, have you been to a doctor? Maybe there's something else causing you to hold on to the weight.

It looks like we have about the same amount to lose. I've got 40lbs in mind as my goal. Stick to it. Soon you'll be pep talking me through the same thing! LOL.

Maybe you're losing in other places and just can't see it yet...it all adds up!

Shake something up! Do you take a multivitamin? Calcium supplements? (cheap) Protein shakes/bars? Power walking? I think you need to sweat! Feels good and good for ya!

Just don't drop off this. You can do it, it's just a matter of finding what's right for your body!

Kim
Old 05-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Thanks everyone! It just seems really taunting, and seeing no change in over 2 months is frustrating! I've never done this before, lost weight, and now I understand what people say it takes years...I'm a results person....if I don't see them, I get frustrated.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #8  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i am in the same boat and actually thought i was eating really well, until i actually monitored it in fitday. it was horrible! i was eating so clean throughout the day, hardly any calories, and then at night was getting a large amount in one hit.

i have been hovering back and forth between my weight so obviously something needs to change and i believe it is my nutrition.

i highly recommend logging your food for a week, see what you are taking in in carbs, fat, protein and calories per day and work from there. you may even be eating too few calories.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  

I know what you mean about the results thing! My hubby couldn't understand why I got so annoyed with the numbers on the scale, but was seeing changes in my shape...I was happy with the shape changes, but I wanted to see the scale move too darn it!!!! Maybe it's gonna start for both of us!

I'm still down the 5lbs as of this morning...I'll be happy even if I maintain at that for a while...it means that weight really did come off!

Have you noticed a change at all in how you feel physically?

Kim
Old 05-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #10  
Workin' My *** Off!

I'm on medications which make me really tired, and I haven't slept much the past few nights...I've always had trouble with sleeping, since I was a kid! So I'm overtired and feel really unmotivated...DH's lovely snacks he brings home, and insensitivity to what I'm trying to accomplish, frustrates me! He's never even commente on it, or encouraged me...I mean I know most guys are clueless...but I've told him I'm doing this, but his support, or lack thereof, is getting to me.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #11  

The sleep thing is a problem..always messes with my mind at least!

Hope you're feeling a bit better today! Wish I could help you, but can only offer support! I'm very blessed that my hubby supports me in this and comments, specially if I seem down. Now, the snack thing...not so much...lol. Bringing home regular soda's, having Whoppers when we're out, Frosty's from Wendy's...not his fault, but doesn't help! LOL

Kim