Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:49 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #6

to Back In Kindergarten #6

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~Jules

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Aaaahhhh, SUSAN...I'm sorry, I never think to look and see what post we are at or I would have started the new thread. I will try to pay more attention to it.

HI MARI...guess we were posting at the same time. WTG on the jeans! You know I looked at my calendar and didn't realize that this is the 6th week of me going to It Figures and I haven't lost a pound! My pants aren't feeling any loser either but I know I will get there, eventually, lol! Anyway...not really any advice about the BBQ and your sis but...you shouldn't feel guilty at all! It's not your fault that your sis or anyone else didn't lose any weight and you should never feel guilty about that. Just go to the BBQ and hold your head up with pride that you have accomplished what you have. It's hard enough losing the weight but to feel guilty about it is nonesense. Let your sis be jealous or whatever. Are you supposed to stay overweight because of them? No, so don't worry about it.

As I said to Mari...I didn't realize that this is week 6 of me exercising (going to It Figures 3 days a week and walking 3 days a week, sometimes more), taking my vitamins and drinking my water. I am proud to say that I have only messed up one day when I didn't drink all my water. I did get most of it though. I think that is definitely a NSV for me, even though I haven't lost any weight. Well, I did lose a pound, then gained it back and gained another. I know eventually it will come off and so I am not frustrated at all. I am actually feeling so much better about myself and that is what keeps me going, hooray! So keep on truckin' ladies!

Have a good day!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:03 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I am at work for a bit - wanted to say hello I will join in with Katy & Michelle. It has been rainig so much the last few days. Seems ok today, thank goodness.

I would never feel guilty about losing weight Mari

I had a cream cheese bagel with ham this morning . I bought some Chinesse rice crackers at Trader Joes yesterday, it had some seaweed wrapped around one cracker - ick......after a few of those I wanted to hurl....lol I bought them to replace the BBQ chips that were laying around my fathers.......those are my favorite - true - you can't eat just one!!!

I am off tomorrow and Friday from work. We have family coming in from S.Dakota,Florida and Texas. My mother is so funny...she goes "this is turning into a circus"...lol whatEVER,....it is people caring about my father.....sorry if it looks like a circus. I told her to come to the funeral and she could do a speech like Cher did at Sonnys funeral...."oh, no " she said...."Cher made a fool of herself"....actually it was raw emotion. It made for good tv....I still remember it today - lol

anyway, I can't keep up right now but I hope you all have a good week!!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Cristi - It is ok Cristi!! We are in Kindergarten.....I don't think we are able to count up to 100.....lol

How is your water in take?? That might help in the weight loss Cristi....just a thought...I need to do that myself....

Hugs
Old 05-24-2006, 02:11 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Hiya SUSAN...water intake...4 16.9 oz bottles a day, sometimes 5. I know that's probably not enough but that's about all I can stomach. I really hate water so drinking more than that I don't think will happen. Unless I can count tea and diet soda, lol!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #6  
One day at a time

SUSAN...glad yo are getting tomorrow and Friday off from work. Plus, it is a 3 day weekend so that should be good for you. Will all that's been going on in your life, you need a little bit of a break. ALthough, having to go to a funeral is not actually taking a break. I think it will be more stressful that work. When V's mom passed away, his dad didn't even bother showing up for the funeral. They said he asked the kids (never asked V or his brother David) if they thought he should go and they said it's up to you. I for one thought he should have been there out of respect for his children's mother-period. Oh well, his family is weird. Stay strong missy...I know that is easier said than done.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

All I have had today is a Venti -yikes. Last night Gaby woke me up (at 3am!!)wanting some milk - we were out but she insisted!!! So, I got up and dressed - grabbed her and we went to Plaid...she was happy after that.....grrrrr anyway, I will go buy me a water bottle....
Old 05-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #8  
One day at a time

SUSAN...that's odd that Gaby would wake up at 3 and want milk. She must have really been thirsty for it. Hope she is feeling better. And you girly better get some food in that belly! That's an order!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Mari--you are only responsible for yourself--you are doing amazing on your weightloss and when someone compliments you say thank you and let go of the guilt--you should be proud of yourself

Cristina--I have been bad this week -- didn't go exercise tonight again-- Talked to DD instead-- we are going for lunch tomorrow and then DH will meet us at the house and we will drive over together for the hearing. DH told her two friends to just meet her afterwards at the apartment but she's thinking they might show up anyway. I am worried about it but calm--maybe those vitamin B really do work. I have been much more less stressed thiese last couple of days...I didn't lose at first with Slim-n-Tone either and then I had to quit for four weeks between DD's ex leaving and me getting a D&C -- started back again and lost five pounds and then stalled again--lost when I switched from regular coke to water and then stalled again -- have lost inches and I was told that muscle weighs more than fat so many times I was ready to scream!!

Bep--too low calorie intake can be as bad as too high -- check out the calorie counter thread-- you don't want to make your body think you are starving it!!

Shawna-- how the visit from the regional manager go?

Katy-- TOM is visiting my house too-- not feeling too witchy either -- maybe the new vitamins and the high potency b complex for stress helps with that too!!

Susan--chips are my weakness too--I don't think I could do the seaweed thing either--eewww!! I loved Cher's speech--my step-mom HATES my mom though my mom never did anything to her--I think she was jealous that my parents were still friends and talked to each other for the sake of my & my brother and that my dad's mom (my Nanny)loved my mom and couldn't stand my step-mom--boy did those two have some huge fights!! --Dad's her 4th hubby---I could tell you some stories about her and her kids...

well I'm gonna go!! Everyone else have a great night!!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #10  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default today

i had a purdy good day, visit with regional was short and sweet and i got a free lunch out of it ......we went to ocharleys, i was going to order a salad but i got a chicken quesadilla instead. well im going to get ready for bed, gotta be back in at 8 in the morning.....
night yall,
shawna
Old 05-25-2006, 03:28 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Hiya Chickies...

Pretty quiet around here ladies...where is everyone? Oh that's right, I forgot...everyone has a life but me, lol! Actually today turned out to be a busy day. Weird switching my grocery day from Wed. to Thurs. Was surprised that Josh wanted to go with me. He keeps saying he misses home and I look at him weird. Forget that his *new* temporary home is Hawaii. Gonna be Iraq soon enough. Don't think it's Hawaii he misses but his buddies, his new family. That kind of hurts to hear that but I know he is getting a little late start on life and I am happy that he is enjoying his new life. That's all I can and will do is be there for him and all my kids in all they do...just love them and support them And be happy that they are happy.

SUSAN...you made me think about myself when you said your daddy always kissed, hugged and said he loved you when you left. I always tell my kids I love you and to be careful. I would hug and kiss them but for some reason they don't like it and get embarassed. When they were little they loved it, now they think they are too big. I did talk Josh into a hug when we went to Georgia and I went for the cheek to kiss and he jumped back and said NO, you have lipstick on, eeeeewwww! LOL They crack me up! Anyway...thinking of you today and wishing you could feel the hugs I am sending your way.

JULES...the same with/for you and DD. Hoping it wasn't too bad on DD. I know it probably was, but so glad that you guys spent the day together. They will always be our babies and it hurts to see them hurt. You know what I have noticed with my new found energy from working out...I am more hungry. I don't know what it is but I feel like I am starving all day long. I've been doing good witht he eating and when I get that way I will get something to drink otherwise I would be gaining like crazy. I walked before and lost some weight and never felt this way so don't know what is up with that. Maybe I should get something to suppress my appetite??? Somethings gotta happen though. I figure though that eventually the weight will start coming off, has to right?

SHAWNA...nothing wrong with getting a free lunch! Depending on what was on the chicken quesadilla it shouldn't be too bad, calorie wise. But both the quesadilla and salad sound good right now and I just ate, lol! Okay, so I am kidding. It does sound good but I am not hungry at all right now.

MICHELLE...how's the weather in your little corner of the world? Man it is a HOT one here! I hate the heat, ick! Supposed to get rain tomorrow thru Monday...kind of hoping we do and hoping it will cool things off. It is too soon for the high 90's! How are you coming along with the WATP? Have you tried the book? I did that for six weeks and then bought another to start again because I did so well. But going to It Figures kind of messes up the schedule she has you follow. I could walk a mile a day plus do IF but some days I do 40-50 mns. there and get a good enough work out don't feel like I need to walk on those days. Plus some days the 3 mile walk kills me! But I push myself and keep going-always feel better afterward.

GINNY...was going to say hope you aren't too busy but I think you want your business to be busy! How's your biking coming along? Still keepin' on?

KATY...hoping all is well in your corner of the world as well. How are the kids doing, outta school yet? I can't remember when yours get out. Thinking today was the last day for the kids around here. I noticed the bus dropping them off early so it must have been a 1/2 day too. Are you knitting anything new? Reading anything new?

HI to everyone else, KATHY, MARI, DEB, SUNNY, JUNEC, and anyone and everyone reading this! I'm sure I forgot someone again, sorry.

Anyway, just farting around on the puter till 3 and time to go get V from work. Definitely don't care for taking him to work and picking him up. Especially in this heat. Have to get there a little early because they get off at 3:30 with some leaving at about 3:15 and that place gets crazy! Bought groceries this morning. Josh and I were literally taking a stroll through the store. I told him I normally go faster and he was going to have to pick it up, lol! Then headed to the library with DD after I put the groceries away. Feels good to have a free day from exercising. Then ran to hallmark to pick up a few cards and a couple of candles, green candle for the bath. The went to Tuesday Morning to check out the store and see what they have. It opened up before Christmas and I never went in. Picked up some pictures from Walgreens and then went to the nursery to get a butterfly bush. Mine is not coming back for some reason but noticed the neighbors is. Didn't find one so got a crepe myrtle. Already have two but this will go on the side so it will be okay, I like them. When I come across a butterfly bush I will get it and plant it ina different spot. Anyway, had a busy morning and it was hot. Now I am cooling off int he ice cold basement and it feels so good. No wonder DD never comes upstairs, lol. Anyway, better get going. Want to go check my e-mail before I have to go get V.

Take care ladies and have a good day, try to stay cool!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #12  
RosieKate

Hi all
I just ate the rest of a Cadbury chocolate bar and am in need of an intervention..figured I would come post lest I be tempted to eat any more....I've been craving sweets this week, with TOM and all. The scales says that I am down another 2 lbs, so I am really going to try to keep it together over the long weekend and hold on to it til WI day.

Jules - I finished the skull tote - it's pretty cute...and didn't take too long to make. Felting is a lot of fun, and so easy! I don't have a digital, but will try to get a photo posted at some point.....
ETA - hope today is going ok for your DD - I almost forgot that today is the court day..will be keeping her in my thoughts today.

Susan- Saw your dad's obit in the paper today - what a lovely tribute. Hope these days are going ok for you and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Shawna - yay for free food! And it sounds relatively healthy as well.....

Cristina - your water intake sounds great - I should do as well as you...I get about 4 - 16 oz glasses in each day. I also don't count coffee or tea and I don't drink pop.

Hi to Michelle, Mari, Deb, Ginny and anyone else out there!

Tonight is DS' Spring Sing, so we will all go to that. I was at the school today and heard some rehearsing - should be fun. I was sorting books for the used book sale, and of course I shopped a little...I think it's safe to say that my summer reading is taken care of! Also scored some stuff for the kids that will entertain them in the car. We are going to my mom's property in Goldendale ( 2 hrs away) to play for the long weekend. She has 5 acres in the pines. I can also drive up to Yakima and visit some relatives up there pretty easily. Should be a fun weekend.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #13  
RosieKate

Hi Cristina - we were posting 'bout the same time!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #14  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

CRISTINA...You're one very busy girlie! Today I did the dishes and three loads of laundry, now taking some time on the computer. Our weather has actually been a little chilly and very rainy this week, but this morning it has actually been clear a sunshiny. I do have the WATP book, but I have never done the six week plan. I like to do what videos I like to, that is, when I do them! I haven't been doing them now for about a month, because I have just had no motivation, but I made a committment to myself to start back tomorrow morning. I need to get back into the groove of things again and refocus. Glad you're having some enjoyable time with Josh; just too bad it is only for two weeks. I was so excited for Taylor to win on AI last night! My daughter and I have floor level seats for when the top 10 come here in concert on September 1st. Hope the rest of your day is going good!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Just checking in really quick--divorce hearing is over--he is responsible for all the bills left over from the marriage and courts costs. When we first went in he was standing there smiling and told DD how good she looked--DH had to run her cell phone out to the car--DH never liked the ex--always said there was something shady about him. Ex is there whining about his tranvestite landlord and saying how good he is doing as a sub-contractor --Dh started asking what he was driving and then got quiet--DD started crying and ex tries to wipe a tear from her eye and asks what's wrong she tells what do you think is wrong and not to touch her and DH tells him to just sit there and keep quiet and don't touch her again...DD goes to the bathroom to wipe her eyes and when she walks out of the bathroom DH takes her to the glass door that leads out to the parking lot and I hear them laughing and then DD and ex have to go into the judge--DH tells me and the security guard that the ex actually brough his new girlfriend with him and she's sitting out in his van--security guard says he's suprised the ex didn't bring her in--it happens all the time. DD & ex walk out and the idiot isn't even smart enough to let us go to our cars first and leave-DH let him have it went off about everything including bringing the new girlfriend--told him that you reap what you sow and everything he is doing will catch up to him one day. DD is actually glad he brought the new girlfriend that looks really young too--she said she got the closure she needs and can move on now.

Well--I need to go relax some!!
Closed Thread