General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Ex-spice Geri Halliwell Has Long Awaited Baby!!

I have loved Geri since she was Ginger Spice, and she has wanted to be a mom and have a baby for the longest time now, and even considered a sperm donor, she even asked her long time friend George Micheal to do it for her...she finally has had her baby however. On May 14th Geri gave birth to a daughter - Bluebell Madonna Halliwell. CONGRATS! Here are some pics from Hello! Magazine...she is adorable

unfortunatly Geri and the father (a screenwriter from Hollywood) are no longer together, but he has said he will support her and the baby, and Geri isn't upset about it all, she is just happy to have her baby, that she has wanted for a long time now.

The inspiration for the name is that during the last few weeks of pregnency Geri walked around the park alot and saw alot of Bluebells, her mom told her they are rare and precious and she thought that was perfect for her daughter, as for Madonna she is fan of the singer and not alot of people have that name besides the singer and the religious figure.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #2  

Ohhhhh,

How cute!

I liked the Spice Girls (and I'm not ashamed to admit it!! )
Old 05-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

Bluebell?

She looks happy, though. And I'm willing to bet she's breastfeeding. Precious little baby. And like every other baby I see, she's already got more hair than my seven-month-old. (I suffer from serious baby hair envy; mine are all bald til about 2.)
Old 05-25-2006, 02:44 AM   #4  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

She joins the ranks of crazy celeb baby names but her reasons for it are very profound and personal, at least. I love to see babies born to people who really want to have them. *sigh* It almost makes me broody again. Almost. I'll just cuddle with my 2 year old and thank the Gods she's sleeping through the night!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:07 AM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

when i first heard her reason for calling her bluebell i could not think of a flower that is actually more common than the bluebell. not sure where her mother gets her information about the rarity. unless its a particular genus of the bluebell . . . .

despite my better judgement, I am a fool for geri. Her yoga dvd's are the only ones i use
Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

yeah loverly pictures!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Bluebells are quite rare over here, there are fewer bluebell woods than there used to be. A dying breed! But calling your kid after a bluebell! And as for Madonna

At least she looks like she'll love it to bits and I bet she won't be palming her off on too many nannies!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:29 AM   #8  
Addicted to potato salad!

Sabra: Where did you find that smilie? Is that in the 3FC smilie pack? I laughed out loud at that with her name.

As FOR the name Bluebelle...yes, it rivals Gwyneth's Apple, but I can see her being called Belle for short and that is very cute. And as a former single mom, myself...and the severe shortage of good men out there to marry, I can sympathize with her plight to want a baby, in spite of not finding a decent guy to go through life with. I mean, we women only have so many years that we're fertile!! We can't spend ALL of our lives waiting for the husband first. Personally, I was blindsided with motherhood, as it took me completely off guard. BUT, there is no love like the love you feel for your child and she looks absolutely beautiful and happy. Being a single mom and wanting that love in your life definitely fills some holes in your heart, but there is a definite surrealness to motherhood without a husband...I wish her well...
Old 05-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #9  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

She was lucky to have a child really as she suffered from really bad anorexia after spice-girls split. Aparently that's the reason she was trying for a baby for so long. Just shows what things like that do to people

Neway, i'm happy for her now she has her baby bluebell hehe aww sweet! And like techwife said- it can be shortened to belle, no playground bullying!
Closed Thread