Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default salad bar...

Man oh Man..did I have a bad day!!! Bad day at work...bad food day...JUST CRAPPY DAY!!

It started food wise with a salad bar out at lunch with the girls. Now, How do you work salad bars? I got the salad bar thinking it was a healtheir choice, got to the salad bar and discovered I didn't know what to do, I mean, I can't bring measuring cups to the resturant?

I blew it then and figured I'd eat 3 pieces of pizza at dinner....

ARG....
Old 05-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Salad bars are easy if you stay away from creamy salads, pasta salads and stick to teh veggie salads. If you choose to eat the creamy salads and/or pasta salads remember 1 cup is about the size of a tennis ball. Also remember the salad dressings -- full fat are very high in points and the ladels are usually 1/3-1/4 cup.

Keep the croutons to a minimum. Keep the 'nuts' to a minimum.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:06 AM   #3  
banned

Very well said Kelly_S! I prefer veggie salad, love it!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Salad bars are the worst!!! So many hidden calories just waiting to jump onto your plate. I think, if you keep to the 'raw' veggie stuff and less of the add ons, you'll be okay. If its easier for you, why not bring a small container (think spice jar) of your own ff dressing? Remember soups are always a high sodium lurker and beware of the creamy type soups.....stick to the clear broth kind. GOOD LUCK!!!
Closed Thread