Old 05-23-2006, 01:06 PM   #1  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Question E-Diets Question!

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone here has done and had success with the OVERALL ediets diet. I can't afford the express thing where they deliever the food to you...so I was wondering if anyone has done the basic ediet using their meal plans and shopping lists, etc? Thanks in advance
IrishCowgirl0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #2  
it's always something

I just started the eDiets Mediterranean diet this week and used their meal planner and shopping list. It was really fast and they offered a lot of variety. I liked that if you didn't like what they chose, you could click to change to another meal until you were happy with your overall plan. What I did notice was that it could be easy to get carried away with the variety and end up spending a lot more on your food than necessary. For example, one day I was scheduled to have a sandwich, but I would have had to buy a whole loaf of bread just for two slices of bread all week. If you are feeding a family, it may not matter since someone else will probably eat the rest of the loaf. But I'm just one person, and I hate wasting food. So you'll need to pay attention to details like that when creating your menu. I ended up choosing the same breakfast for every day, so that I wouldn't have to buy a lot of different foods. One package of English muffins and the toppings was enough.

Overall, I liked the convenience of having a menu generated for me, based on my personal preferences. They also came up with ideas that I might not have thought about. The recipes are simple, and they serve one person. So far everything has tasted good.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:42 PM   #3  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Thank you! I liked that I could change things that I didn't like as well. They wanted me to cook salmon for a meal....there is NO way I could cook salmon! I can't cook as it is let alone salmon!!!!

Like you, I am only one person so I was a little worried about buying all that stuff. You're idea of having the same thing for breakfast is a good one that I didn't think about!

Thank you for your response
IrishCowgirl0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #4  

Irishcowgirl, I know you wrote that you already looked at eDiets Express but didn't choose it because of the price. Let me just say I have been on it now for a little over 3 weeks and am so far down 13 pounds! I love the convenience of having my meals delivered for the entire week and they are nicely packed so they are easy for me to take to work. Right now I am on the full plan but I noticed they started offering a plan for about $20 per day as well and I may switch to that just because occasionally I still eat out. I have been having very good results with eDiets Express so far and I tried Nutrisystem and Medifast both but didn't like them and could not stick with them. Whatever you choose, good luck and if you have any questions about eDiets Express please let me know.

monami1978 is offline   Reply With Quote