Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking I Pray God Will Help Me Every Night!!!!!

It Seems That No Matter What I Do, Nobody Wants To Be My Buddy And Thats Not Good! I Try To Watch What I Eat Daily, But I Get So Hungry, And Then I Gourge Myself Until I Make Myself Sick. I Find Me Challanging Myself Daily, Saying Im Gonna Starve Myself Until I Am Thin, But That Never Lasts A Whole Day! The Longest I Have Gone With Out Eating Was Maybe 18 Hours! I Am Soo Adicted To Food! No Guys Will Ever Ask Me Out Because I Am Not Thin! I Really Need Some Help, Advice And A Few Buddies! Please Help Me Someone!!!!!!!!!!!!
tweetyandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #2  

Default pray God Will Help me Every Night

It is a battle for most of us. Food. Our addiction. We manifest in different ways. But yes Jesus wants to help you. He is the bread of life, who gave His life for all our sins. Put your trust in Him. I to desire a mate, but I want to get this battle turned around. I am just focusing on exercising and eating healthy foods. I lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Just take baby steps. Eat more early in the day, Healthy foods. Make sure you are getting the protein. People can come alongside and pray and make suggestions, but you, like so many of us, have to decide this is what we want. That short term sugar high, is not worth the negative affect food is having on our lives ( or mine). For me, I want energy again, and to be in "regular sizes". Just a pound a week is close to 50 pounds, if you give yourself 2 weeks off. Some will be more, and some less, but keep on going. Pray to God, but He has given you free will. Start to think of weight loss as freedom. Write down, what freedom being healthier is going to give.

Love
Debbie
truetoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I will be your buddy, I think that I just responded to your other post. I explained that although I am on Atkins, that this might not be what you are looking for. Please don't try to starve yourself, your body needs calories or it will try to hold onto the fat. Being over-weight will not prevent you from finding a guy, I met and married my husband, a state trooper, when I was 210lbs. and a size 20. Losing weight will make you feel better about yourself and more energetic and help boost your self-esteem. PM me if you want to talk to me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #4  

Hugs to you Tweetyandme! I don't have a specific buddy but I do have LOTS of buddies here that help me along the way! As the others have said, please do not starve yourself. The way to HEALTH is eating regular, healthy meals... and the wonderful side effect of that is weight loss. Have you been to the Overeaters Anonymous website at www.oa.org? When I first found that site it made me realize that I am NOT alone - there are others suffering just as I am and there IS help! If any of us here can help you to get acquainted with OA, please let us know. Asking questions is how we all became familiar with the program and we would love to help you with that also! There is hope!

I will be praying for you also! Please stick around and share your journey with us
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

tweety--
I can relate to the desparation and sadness in your post. That's exactly how I felt when I first came ot OA. I highly recommend that you get yourself to an OA meeting. You will find that you are not alone, there are others just like you. You'll find strength, fellowship, and answers there. If you aren't sure where a meeting is, check on the www.overeatersanonymous.org site.
I have to agree with everyone else that starving yourself is not going to help, but you already know that. Through OA you can find a freedom from food obsession. You will find tools to help you eat without overeating. Through the program you can find a sponsor. A sponsor is someone who you call everyday, and they guide you through the program. They answer questions and offer support. My sponsor is a true buddie. :-)
We're glad that you're here.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #6  

i cant beleive how nice yall have been with all of the advice. Thank you all! I will definatly check out the OA site, hopefully it will help me! Hugs to all of yall!
~Tweetyandme aka:Krissie
Old 05-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #7  

Krissie, we all understand what a battle this is...that is why we are here! You are not alone! Please keep us informed, share with us, and let us know how you are doing! We can do this together!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Krissie,
Its hard I know...am there. Wish I could say been there and done that but... I am with you. Last week alone I reached out for help...in desperation. I know the feeling of being overpowered. Mentally.
Just remember you are not alone...not sure if that helps you but it did for me.
hugs
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Krissie, big hugs from me, too. You're definitely not alone.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #10  

Thank you all for your posts! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the food cravings down?

Last edited by tweetyandme; 05-30-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #11  
BLB

S/C/G: 192/192/132

gum.. lol it sounds dumb, but it really helps me.

gum, and a lot of fluids.
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetyandme
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the food cravings down?
Tweety, I've found the best thing that works for me is to have three meals and three snacks a day. I have a mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and evening snack, and it's made a HUGE difference in how "hungry" I feel. I'm allowed to have 1700-2000 calories a day (that's in order to lose a steady 1-2 pounds a week), so I count my snacks into the total. (usually between 100 and 200 calories per snack)
And I make sure that I'm getting protein in my snacks (nuts, peanut butter, cheese, etc), as it really helps to curb the appetite.

okay, I'd better get back on track here, because I am SO not losing right now.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #13  

I agree with the fluids and the protein! Lots and lots of water and also plenty of protein. I have also found - as hard as it may be for at least a few days - that if I stay away from my trigger foods for a few days, the cravings do greatly diminish. If I slip up and eat one I will crave it again on and off over the next couple of days. Staying away completely is the best way I have found to get the cravings to stop. With me, even if I have just a little, it always makes me want more for days to come. Water, water, and more water (hence my name) has saved me many times!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/161/120

Height: 5"5

The best thing you can do to curb your hunger is by having 3 meals a day. In b/w you can snack on veggies , fruits and sprouts. And drink lotsa water. Especially before meals. It really helps because your stomach will be fuller and you won't end up hogging. And water doesn't give you calories, so it can be taken umlimited. Just make sure you eat healthy[ you can munch on how many ever veggies and fruits you want ! ]. You will be left with your stomach satisfied

shush_ville is offline   Reply With Quote