Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #1  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Weigh In at Home 5/22-5/28

Hey girls starting the thread be back in a min!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

Ok, my little girl is here that I have been babysitting for the last week.....I am here and doing well. I am down a few lbs (helps also that my mom is doing this too and sent me some new books- I am soooo excited) I have faithfully been tracking my points since Thursday and have done QUITE well despite eating out all weekend. It is working again although it would work MUCH better if I would exercise....but maybe I will put in an 8 minute tae bo workout today who knows. I had a pretty busy week last week getting used to having three kids not just two. Things can be a little crazy huh?! Ya'll seem to be doing well? I need to go back and read the post from last week so I can update on my friends and their lives. Rachel, I AM RIGHT HERE!!! Be back in a bit...need COFFEE! Oh yeah, also I went AWOL due to AF coming and me not following....but I am OP again.

Carla, I hope you are feeling better.
Judy, Good for you! That is the best feeling huh? i wish I was in size 12~~~~

K

Last edited by kellyjoiii; 05-22-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #3  
Back on Program!

Default Way to go Judy!!!

I am so proud of you for meeting yoru goal for the month, and I KNOW how good it feels to wear clothes that were too small!! Hooray!!! Wish I was a size 12 too...........

Kelly Jo, glad to see you are still hangin' with us girl! I think it will help that your mom is doing WW too--are you living near her now?

I am having a good week so far. Started on Friday and made it thru the weekend, I still have 19 flex points to make it until this Friday. I am remembering how good it feels when you stick to your points, that sense of control. The rest of the week should be a piece of cake. DH is at work today and Thursday, so I will be fine (he sabotages me a little ), and I am working Tues & Wed, and I can always stay OP at work (as long as nobody brings in any treats from home!). Yesterday we grilled chicken and steak, and had grilled corn on the cob and salad to go along. Grilled corn is really good, this was the first time we tried it that way.
Then last night Dh wanted some cookies or ice cream. I told him I bought him some of those low fat orange & cream bars so he had one of those while I had a 1 point philly swirl bar ( I don't like the regular philly swirls, but the new chocolate ones are awesome if you haven't tried them!). And we were satisfied.

Here's to a happy monday for all!!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #4  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile

Hi, mind if I join you...I started WW today and I am really positive about losing the weight. This is a great forum, very informative and supportive. I have about 30 pounds to lose and the last while I couldn't seem to get the incentive to just do it but I think with all the support here I believe this time I will succeed !
Old 05-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #5  
kellyjoiii

Janice, you will find much info and support here~ With open arms...I welcome you AND the best thing is they do it over and over (suport and welcome) no matter how many times you need to start over (I am on my sixth or seventh time teehee).
Rachel, Are you still working towards that 20lb goal for Hawaii? I will go 10-15 with you if you wanna. Or whatever you want. I am working for 205.5 by July 18th (my birthday-yuck...33) Actually, 16lbs by June 28th is 3lbs a week. Think that is feasible? I will work for my next 6% weightloss by then. I will have to lose 2.5lbs a week but I think it may be done. I think I can I think I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
(Before anyone says anything...I KNOW that 2lbs is the healthiest most weightloss you should have in a week but I am gonna try with my points range and exercise.)
I love you girls................................have a great day!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:05 PM   #6  
Back on Program!

okay Kelly Jo I will update my avatar goal to 16lbs, and let's see if we can do it!!!! Tonight I am really PMSing and I'm almost out of flexpoints!!! But I will make a cup of tea and hope to make it thru the night!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #7  

Kelly Jo - it's good to hear from you! Way to go on tracking your points and doing well despite eating out. I think trying an 8 minute Taebo is an excellent idea. When I don't want to exercise, I tell myself to try 5 minutes and if I do 5 minutes I can quit. Usually I end up doing more because the hardest thing for me sometimes is starting. You'll get to a size 12 soon enough! Hey, you've lost 30 pounds - that is awesome!

Rachel - I'm glad to hear that you're having a good week. I have 19 flex points to make it to Saturday so we're in the same boat. It's so doable. Being in control does feel good, doesn't it? My DH can sabotage me too sometimes but he's been pretty good recently. Mmm,..grilled corm sounds great! Silly question, but how did you grill it, in foil or in it's husk? You'll get to a size 12 - shoot, you've lost over 40 pounds and that's amazing!!!!

Hi Janice and welcome! This is a great place and I know you'll do well with the support here.

I had a good day so far. I stretched this morning and went to the chiropractor after work. Food has been OK so far. I still have a few points before I get to my target and I haven't had any milk yet so that's what I'm off to get.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #8  

Default I want in!!!!

Hi everyone! I would like to join ya'll with tracking my points and weekly weigh ins. Tell me what to do. Am I too late to join and when do ya'll weigh in? I have never done this before through 3FatChicks...tried South Beach on here but I keep coming back to good ole Weight Watchers. I could use the support also!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #9  

Rachel ~ WTG you. Sounds like you've been doing great with your food choices and also getting to the gym. Good luck with your Hawaii Goal. Keep up the good work. Glad to hear you made your girls' dance performance, I bet you were a proud mum. What type of dance do they do?

Judy ~ WTG!! Congrats on meeting your monthly goal and fitting back into your jeans. Your tenacity is really inspiring. I love reading your posts and seeing how well you're doing each week. Congrats on 'unofficially' breaking into the 140s. I'm sure the WW scales will make that official for you next weigh in. From tomorrow I am going to try and incorporate your suggestions so I can try and get back on track.

Darcy ~ Congrats on the 3lb loss.

KellyJo ~ Congrats on your great week and getting back on track, sadly something I still need to do. I'm even on 2 sorts of meds that are supposed to have the added benefit of reducing appetite, but doesn't seem to have that effect on me. Mind you, most of my eating is not due to being hungry so maybe that's why I haven't noticed a difference.

Janice ~ Welcome and good luck with reaching your goal. Ditto what KellyJo said about the support here.

ChristineMarie ~ Welcome and good luck with reaching your goal too. I did South Beach for a while and really enjoyed it as it definitely kept my cravings under control but I found it hard to maintain in the longterm.

You're all doing a fantastic job with your weight loss. Keep up the great work. I think I need to check in here daily again like I was when I was OP as all your successes always kept me going and inspired. I've really fallen off the wagon and am struggling to get it back under control. The weather has been shocking this past month - more rain that I can recall in a long time so it's been a deterrant to get out for walks.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #10  

Weighed in this morning and put another 1.8 lbs on so I have now regained 6.2lbs. As of this morning I am going to suck it up and get back OP. No more feeling sorry for myself and stuffing myself with food.

Loads of to me - also to everyone else of course, lol.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #11  
Back on Program!

Judy---thanks for the words of inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Tanya--sorry about the gain. I know how you feel! My girls actually do Polynesian dance (Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan, and Maori) and have been for about 3 years now. Their instructors are from Hawaii and Samoa. My husband started dancing with them recently too, he has a fascination for Polynesian culture. It makes our vacation to Hawaii that much more exciting for us. I told my husband about you being from New Zealand and he is jealous! He really wants to visit and jokes about wanting to retire there (even though he's never been). We just watched the 5 Takes Pacific Rim show where they go to Auckland. Are you familiar with the show?What part of the country are you in?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - Congrats on your loss and meeting your monthly goal and on getting into your size 12 jeans! Isn't that the best feeling? It's funny you mentioned Pete Luger's. Chicago Magazine did an article recently comparing Chicago steakhouses to NY steakhouses (catching up on my overflowing pile of magazines as been a benefit of being sidelined) and I believe Pete Luger's was one of the NY restaurants. You'll be happy to know the reviewer preferred the dry-aged steaks of NY to the wet-aged steaks of Chicago. Thanks for the b-day wishes for Ana.

Kelly - I'm with Judy - just getting started on exercise is the hardest for me. Once I'm doing it, I'm ok. So getting in those 8 minutes of Tae Bo would be excellent. 8 minutes will lead to 8 more which will lead to 8 more....
Good for you for getting those pounds off!

Rachel - Grilled chicken, steak and corn sounds so good. Too bad it's raining here or I'd suggest it for dinner. I'll have to look for those Philly Swirl bars. Feeling in control is such a great thing! Good for you for being in control! How nice to get an unexpected day off! And to be able to go to your girls' dance performance.

Janice and ChristineMarie - Welcome!

Tanya - I'm so sorry you've been struggling. Hang on - you know you can do it. I can totally empathize with the eating for reasons other than hunger. It just turns into a vicious cycle. But you can break it - I have confidence in you. I hear you on the rain. The last few days have been sunny, but by and large we've had nothing but rain, including today.

I'm happy to report that over the last three weeks I've lost 4.8 pounds. And I'm in a new "decade"! Not bad considering I'm pretty much just sitting around. Getting the staples out helped a lot. The incisions are still sore to the touch, but I know it will take awhile. Sunday I overdid it a bit. We went to brunch with Ana's godparents to celebrate her birthday and then later in the day we took her and a couple of friends to Chuck E. Cheese. I paid for it on Monday - I was wiped out. I went back to work yesterday for a couple of hours. I'm back to counting points today. I haven't really been doing that the past few weeks. However, my appetite hasn't been that strong and the urge to snack has been missing, so it's all balanced out. I'm going to try to start walking for some exercise - just a couple of blocks to start with.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #13  

I'm currently at 168 at right now. My husband is leaving in a couple of weeks for three months for school.. im hoping he would see a change. cause right now his response is.. " i see you everyday so its hard to tell if you lost the weight.. but i do notice your stomache going down".. Lately Ive just emotionally drain . I dont know what it is. but whatever it is. i better get myself back in high gear.. The kiddos have swimming lesson thank goodness!. whenever we are at the pool im away from the fridge! . so thats a plus.. .. talking about kiddos i hear one of them asking to eat... ( go figure LOL)_
Old 05-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #14  
kellyjoiii

Girls, I am sooo glad to be back. I went to the grocery store last night and got all kind of junk! SABOTAGE! But, then I came home and stayed within my points range (with 3 flex left) and today is a new day. IT is SUCH a great feeling to eat like a normal person. I Do feel like all I think about is food but it takes a while to rewire a fat brain. I even had three musketeers (I have a whole bag of them-minis-7=4pts and had a snack after lunch.) I dont know what is for dinner yet but who knows....if it is too fattenening I will make a lean cuisine/smartone. My mom lost 2.6lbs this week and is doing sooo well at the meetings. I get the added benefit and not have to spend the money. She gave me a new recipe for breakfast (apple crisp) for 4 pts that I am excited to try out tommorrow. She bought those ww oatmeal cups at her meeting and it reuires those (but I am just gonna use reg oatmeal w/splenda and cinnamon) and omit the oil.

1 oatmeal cup (maybe 1C oatmeal-one serving maybe?)
1/2 C milk
1tsp oil
1 apple sliced
microwave for two mins and let stand for two mins.
maybe I might even make it for after dinner tonight.
Hope ya'll are doing well. I weighed myself today and it still says the same ..(I am a self proclaimed scale junkie) maybe I will lose some this week?!
Hope so to make that goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rachel

I am awaiting the mailman hoping that he has a box from my mom....she did buy me the new 2005 ww books-dining out and companion too along with a vhs tape from ww. I am soooo excited!!!!
Ok, I am off..I will be back later!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #15  

Chrissy - welcome! We all weigh in on different days and post whenever we can.

Tanya - I heard something at my meeting that I've been trying to do because lots of times I eat when I'm not hungry too. It's H.A.L.T. When you find yourself reaching for something to eat, ask yourself if you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. If it's hungry, OK. If not, try to do something other than eat to deal with the emotion. I don't know if I', great at the "doing something else" but I've found that sometimes just asking myself and being aware of how I'm feeling can help me to not eat. I hope the rain has stopped - ours seems to have for a while.

Carla - congratulations on the loss and being in a new decade. I'm glad you got the staples out. Yup, the incisions will take a while not to be sore and you might just turn into a weather announcer. I know after I had my appendix out, I was able to predict when it would rain - it worked for a good few years ;-) Yikes, Chuck E. Cheese would wipe anyone out even if they didn't have surgery! Good for you for starting to count points. As for the walking, please take it slowly and listen to your body. Yup, Peter Luger's is one fine steakhouse, pricey but worth it. We took home a "doggy bag" (about 3 oz each) and built a yummy dinner around it with corn on the cob and oven roasted brussel sprouts.

PAW - I'm sure that when your husband returns, he'll see the change. In the meantime, are there any "smaller" clothes for you to try on so that you
can be the one patting yourself on the back?

Kelly Jo - I hope you got the packages you were expecting. How did the recipe come out? I was thinking that I'd leave out the oil too. I think the cups from WW are instant oatmeal. It IS a good feeling to eat like a "regular" person. I really like it when I feel "in control" of my eating.

I had a pretty good day yesterday - I used some Flex Points but didn't do too badly. I had the MRI for my back and while I was able to lie there with my legs bent (better for the back), by the time the 1/2 hour of not moving was over, I was in pain. I'm sure that had something to do with the snacking. Today is a better day back-wise and so far snack-wise too. I'm off to make some microwave popcorn and see if the Yankees can pull off the game against the Red Sox.

Have a great one,
Judy
Closed Thread