Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #1  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Unhappy Omg!

Okay guys...need some MAJOR support here if you all don't mind...so I went out and got a new scale today because my other one was NUTS...it went back and forth so much (like 10lb differences in just a day!!!)

That scale said I was 265lbs a 5lb weight loss from when I started...HOWEVER...my new scale (Which was more expensive and really good) says.....295lbs OMG! I can't believe it...I've never weighed over 220-30 my WHOLE life So I'm bummed...it was like the biggest motivator though..I know that I can do it...but just seeing that number made me REALLY sad..you know? I thought 265 was bad... God guys...this sucks
I just feel like I won't be able to stop thinking about the number....it's so close to 300....and I'm scared that I will give up

Ahhh....
IrishCowgirl0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #2  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Are you REALLY sure it's accurate? Just because it was more expensive doesn't mean it's accurate. I would get on another one somewhere and see what it says.. Just to be sure. Even if it is accurate... You can do it!!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

holy crap - i can totally understand how you are feeling. jumping up 30lbs in one sitting would crush me too.

how about getting a proper reading at a gym or the doctors - at least you will know where you stand and which scale is correct. the difference between the two scales is huge!

you can do this. use 300 as a motivator. tell yourself that you are not going to allow yourself to even contemplate reaching that weight and you will start moving today to ensure that doesn't happen. use your fear as the motivation.

i know it is easy to sit down and go "whats the point?" but doing that is not going to help you lose weight. Here is a link to a thread I made ages ago that has some info about negative thinking and the defining moment for me to stop saying "what difference will it make?" or "i'm too fat and the ship has sailed for me" - The Defining Moment

you can do this and we are here for you!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #4  
~Jamie~

Thanks guys....well I was a little afraid that other scale was wrong because I went from a size 16 to a size 22...so I guess that this new scale just confirmed what I was afraid of (but kinda knew) all along. I will weigh myself at a gym or at my dr. just to make sure but I am sure it is right....poo....And Daisy thank you for posting that thread...I'm going to read it now. Again ladies...thank you for responding!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Another way to see if your scales are weighing accurately are to weigh a 10 lb bag of sugar or flour or something you have around the house, maybe a set of 2 5 lb weights? Something you are sure of the weight that you can evenly distribute on the scale while it is being weighed. Hope that makes sense.

All is not bad though, you found 3FC and are posting so you are on the right track to losing weight. You can do this!!!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/265/230

Height: 5'3

Yea Jamie, We Can Do This!!!!!!!!
Catchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:32 AM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Don't give up Jamie, that scale could be incorrect as well. Were you weighing yourself in the morning? Could it be around that time of the month. Have you been drinking enough water. All of these things can affect the number we see on the scale. I know you can do it, and as tempting as it may seem to just give up - prevention is the name of the game here. If you give up your weight will go up, and over that 300 mark. Use it as motivation girly!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #8  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Don't give up! You can avoid crossing the 300 mark by continuing on! Also,
I agree with the other girls; get weighed at your doctors office, your scales all sound wacky and if I were you I would want a second "official" opinion.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #9  
~Jamie~

Thank you SOOO much for your advice and inspiration! You guys are the best
Old 05-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #10  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking

My goodness....I too have suffered from a crappy scale ( insert dramatic tone here)!! I gotta be honest though, your variance made my mouth drop. That just plain sucks. BUT you have now stood up like a (wo)man and faced your real weight. Thats a battle in itself. I went 2 years standing BACKWARDS on the Dr's scale cuz I just didn't wanna know. I know, I'm a dork. Then I got preggers and had to look....OMG, I had gained 40 lbs. OUCH! But GOOD for you!!!! Now show that chubbiness who the BOSS is!!!!

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 05-23-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:12 AM   #11  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

This just happend to me a few months ago. Although my scale was only 3 pounds off. But what I did was take a weight and put it on my new scale to see if it was correct. Which it was. I was alittle bummed but it is good to know how much I really weigh. You can do it girl! You can get those extra pounds off.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #12  
~Jamie~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi-rocks
My goodness....I too have suffered from a crappy scale ( insert dramatic tone here)!! I gotta be honest though, your variance made my mouth drop. That just plain sucks. BUT you have now stood up like a (wo)man and faced your real weight. Thats a battle in itself. I went 2 years standing BACKWARDS on the Dr's scale cuz I just didn't wanna know. I know, I'm a dork. Then I got preggers and had to look....OMG, I had gained 40 lbs. OUCH! But GOOD for you!!!! Now show that chubbiness who the BOSS is!!!!

HA!! Stevie you crack me up!!! Thanks for making me laugh (Standing backwards on the Dr. scale...I NEVER thought of that!!!!)

Thanks ladies!