Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default Lacking Motivation

Well the past 2 weeks I've been seriously lacking motivation to watch what I've been eating, and exercising. I've been walking daily outside for 40 minutes a day, but I just feel like I'm getting bored! I was going to get an exercise video to try and motivate me, but I can't even afford one...it's ridiculous! By the time all my bills and crap get paid I got nothing left for myself! I'm in a huge rut and can't seem to get myself motivated! Anyone got any suggestions???
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

If you like using exercise videos, I suggest you might check out your local library. Ours has tons of videos and they're free (of course you have to take them back or renew them ) Hey, maybe they even have books on motivation!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #3  

Variety in your exercise routine will make a difference and your library is a great (free!) source.

But, remember this too - it isn't always about motivation. Sometimes you just have to make yourself eat right and exercise even though you don't want to do it. Good luck!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #4  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

Check out a Ross or Marshalls...I got some good videos for only $4.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:17 AM   #5  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Good advice already!

I would even say maybe check out the magazines at the library...like "fitness", "shape" etc...they usually have some creative ideas in those mags...or check out self.com...its great sight!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #6  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Canadian,
I know this may be silly, but I used to pretend like I was teaching an aerobics class and make up my own floor or step routine.

I have a HORRIBLE time being motivated, I dont want to do any of this. But when I think about the skinny girl who is after my boyfriend (ugh why me) or the cute things I want to wear, etc, I get up and do it and do it hard. Whatever reasons you want to lose weight, if theyre strong enough theyll make you do it. Every single minute of the day, you choose whether or not youre going to be smaller!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #7  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Also, could pick up a local hiking guide- you live near some of the most beautiful country in the world and I would think that would be more entertaining and inspiring than walking along the usual route. Hiking doesn't have to be too strenous- a good hiking guide will tell you the difficulty of a trail. And, if all else, I'm sure you have some great parks in your area?

I say this because I loathe walking near my house, it's just wearisome to look at the cement and crowded little houses with their tiny little lawns. However, I'm fortunate to live 8 blocks from the pacific ocean and there is a great walk
just over a 1/2 mile long that runs along some cliffs (1.25 miles up and back). Since I started going there I look forward to my walks (I don't even log them as part of my exercise, but I let myself have an extra treat after!).

Keep searching until you find something you enjoy- it's worth it!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #8  
Workin' My *** Off!

Thanks for the advice! I've checked out my library and they have NO videos at all for that sort of thing....which I thought was really weird! Geesh! The problem with doing the exercises in mags is I have no idea if I'm actually doing them right to make them effective or not...I'm really a nut about that sort of thing...LOL! I want to get back into gymnastics again, because I was so in shape then. We'll see.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Mickey
Thanks for the advice! I've checked out my library and they have NO videos at all for that sort of thing....which I thought was really weird! Geesh!
That is odd. Does your library offer an inter-library loan program? I visit my local branch, but it is connected to all the branches in the county (at least 20 libraries). I go to their website www.kcls.org and use the search feature to search the entire, county-wide library system. If I find something I like, I put the book on "hold" via the website and it is delivered to my local branch when it is available. When it arrives at the branch, I get an email notification and I have about a week to go pick it up. I normally make one trip to the library a week, there is almost always something ready for me to pick up. I like having the resources of 20+ libraries available to me.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #10  

Our McDonalds around here are giving away free exercise DVD's when you buy a salad & a water. I have gotten the yoga one and also a cardio one, and I think there are a couple others available, too. In fact, I have two of the Cardio workout ones if you would like one I could send it to you....
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #11  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

Crank up the music and DANCE!!!
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:58 PM   #12  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Amanda ~~ You might try the WATP vides. They're excellent and good for all sizes and types. I love them and I don't get bored with them!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #13  
Workin' My *** Off!

Michelle: I've checked out the WATP DVD's here, and they are almost $40 for ONE!!!!! Is that normal?? I live in Canada, so it could be a little more expensive, but that seems a little crazy to me....
Old 05-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

mudbugs....what a wonderful thing to do. that is so sweet of you to offer to send her a dvd to excersize to. i may have to check out a dvd i have at home too. i got a free workout dvd a few months ago when i bought my new digital scales. my daughter used it one time but i have yet to see it. i'll have to check it out and if i don't want to use it, i could send it along. i may even have to go buy me a salad and get a free dvd with it too.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote