Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Feeling down

Ever since Easter I've been so off track. Some days I've been great about counting my points, but I have been cheating ever since. Sneaking junk food, too large of portions, etc. I have lost weight since Easter, but still... I know it would be a greater loss if I stopped cheating on the diet so badly like I have. I keep telling myself "tomorrow I will get back on track!" and I never do. I feel like I'm in such a rut. I wish I could rid the house of all foods I'm not supposed to be eating, but my husband and kids still eat the stuff. I don't know what to do. I've even been avoiding this website out of guilt. But hopefully posting here will get me back on track. It's so important to me that I lose this weight!!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #2  

Justsomegirl,
I was overeating a lot as well until I just sat down and started to think. They say there is usually an underlying reason why most people overeat. I figured out the reason what was making me overeat. I dealt with that situation. After that, I felt really good about myself and have found it easier to stick to the diet. There may or may not be an underlying reason for you, however, I just wanted to throw it out there. Good luck on your diet. No need to stay away from the MB. It's for support whether or not you've gained or lost weight.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #3  

Boy can I relate!!!!! I have been off track for months really. I start my points on Wednesday and can hold it together until about Friday night. Then it all falls apart. I tell myself I'll get back on track on Wednesday.

In the past some thinsg I have done to get back on track or to stay on track are....
-Put inspirational messages on my fridge, freezer, cabinets
-Buy treats for DH and kids that I don't like
-Fill the house with things I can have so I don't focus on what I can't have
-Try new recipes
-Look at pictures of a healthy me years ago and pictures of me today
-Buy a new outfit in a smaller size
-Exercise
-Challenge and reward myself...ie if I stay on points all week I get new nailpolish or a paperback, if I stay on points for this day I can buy a new tea, or take a long bath
-Also ww gives you tools for living, review those and see if you can use any o fthem as situations arise. I sometime challenge myself tos ee how many I can use in a day or week

I hope this helps and that we can both get back on track!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  

Thank you both for your ideas! Here I am - starting off another day and HOPING I can stay on track! I'll be so proud of myself if I can just stay within my daily limits for today since it's really been so long since I've actually done that. I'm going to try my hardest... but either way, I'll let you know. Maybe I just need some acountability on this!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I too understand about getting off track. It's all too easy to do.
I try to make sure I get 8-10 glasses of fluids a day. I make a big pitcher of sugar free Koolaid each morning and bring some to work and drink on it all day til it is gone.
I also try to get a couple of exercises in. I do an exercise video in the morning and walk in the evening.
I agree, keeping lots of things that you can eat , helps. Some of my favorites are Orville Redenbacher 94% fat free popcorn-100 calorie bag-2pts, small fruit bowls-1pt, sugar free pudding,
I also make a big pot of some kind of 2pt soup each week. That gives me a cup of soup to eat on if I need it. I love a taco soup that I make that is only 2 pts and my daughter likes it too. It is chocked full of vegetables! so it's good for you too.
Make sure to fix something healthy for yourself to eat each day and if the hubby and kids don't like it, you can eat if for lunch the next day or evening.
Anyway hope your day goes good.
I know you can do it if you put your mind to it.
We are all here to help and provide support!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #6  

I did it I stayed within my daily point limit yesterday with NO cheating!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Thank you for your post. I was looking for just the same thing when I logged on today. I know why I've fallen off track the last day or so...but now I have some defenses. I also realize that if I do fall off track, as we are all prone to do at times, it's not like that's the end of the road for me, that I can just do better the next day.

I notice that I tend to eat more when I'm "beating myself up", so I will try to find something positive about even the worst days: at least I drank all my water, even if I ate too much, or at least I ate too much popcorn, fruits, pudding, ect rather than eating the family pack of fried chicken.

Your post was just what I needed and thanks so much for posting it!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:53 PM   #8  

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I fell off track for a few months - Now am have been beating myself up for it all day today- feeling so depressed.

But I am back at it as of today !!!!

We can do it.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #9  

My thing is fast food I need to stay away from it but I just can't.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Just remember "Failure is when you quit trying", as long as you get up dust yourself off and try again you will finally see your goal.
Just keep exercising and drinking your water. Try to change your eating habits a little at a time.
I always keep low point options around and 1-2 point soup to eat. The evenings is the worst time. Make sure to get some protein in that last meal and try to leave yourself 4-5 points for snacks in the evening.
Anyway, good luck to all of you!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #11  

Why do you feed you husband and children unhealthy stuff you don't want to eat? Don't they deserve to be healthy? Start weaning them over to good stuff.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good for you for staying on plan yesterday! Hope today is going as well as yesterday.

I have to agree with Susan that it's a good idea to start weaning your kids off junk--they really don't need it! As an adult, if your DH wants to have junk, can you ask him to confine it to areas that only he frequents like, for example, a cupboard high up in the garage, or the glovebox of his car? Creating a "safe" environment for you should be a priority, and if your DH understand this, I'm sure he'll be supportive. Kids are another matter, of course, but for the sake of their health, teaching them to eat responsibly will be a lesson that they can carry into their healthy adulthood.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #13  

LoL - you guys are making it out as if they were eating awful foods loaded with sugar!

The foods they eat that I shouldn't have that I was referring to are cereals; I eat the ones that are 2pts for 1 cup... theirs (Frosted Mini Wheats) are 3pts for five pieces! But they're good!! And nuts... they have bags of mixed nuts that are 9pts for the bag. Dried fruit bites were high points for a small amount. Sometimes they have chocolate milk as a treat which I used to love pre-WW. My husband tried the new Berry Dr. Pepper which I tried and loved it, thats like 2pts a can, right? (I'll buy the diet version of it next shopping trip, lol).

So yea... it's not like they're chowing down on twinkies and cookies. I'm feeling a little attacked here by those last two responses!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:56 PM   #14  

Oh Dont worry - its a message board sometimes People Jump to conclusions maybe they at one time or another fed their families the stuff that they used to eat and feed their families - who knows really - I am sure they meant no harm.

Your getting back on track so dont worry about it - stay positive and feel good about what your doing ...

Angie
Old 05-18-2006, 07:56 PM   #15  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

I told a fellow weight watcher (friend) that I could not just dump everything out of my house that the rest of the family enjoyed, because that would not be fair. She said the same thing, why should they eat any unhealthier than you? Well, here is a reason. I am over weight. I need to lose weight. My two kids (in the 5th percentile) do not. I am not giving them low fat or light anything. However, what they do eat is healthy. The nuts are a great example. I love them! They are a bad food for me ( I eat lots when I eat them)! They are such a great afternoon snack for the kids along with some raisins or craisins that I won't get rid of them. They will always be there, and one day perhaps I can enjoy them in moderation as my kids do. We all do our best.
Closed Thread