Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #1  

Default An interesting lesson

In this months English magazine Ultra Fit, there is a feature on a lady called Patricia Domic. She has three children, and to get her body back after preganancy, followed Body for Life. (and has one a car for being EAS' Body for LIFE star achiever!)

After much searching.....here is her pic http://www.bfl-uk.com/ and if you keep clicking on her pice, the article about her comes up!

Anyway, her before and after pictures are stunning. She has gone from 24% to 19% body fat, and looks amazing.

How much weight has she lost??

I know the answer, and will post it after you have guessed

Last edited by kykaree; 05-13-2006 at 10:50 AM.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #2  
Mel

My guess is whe gained a few pounds or stayed the same scale weight. I'd almost bet that she gained, tho. She had VERY little muscle to start with. Check her thighs, shoulders and chest. She lost a lot of fat around her middle (wow!) and put on some great muscle on her legs, shoulders and chest. Can't see the back... She does look great!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

This was my thought too, Mel. I read the article which said she'd never been overweight (one assumes she lost her preg weight pretty promptly). She doesn't look fat - as in overweight - in her before photo, just terribly unfit. She looks great in the after!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:20 AM   #4  

Hi Pat,

I also guess that she did not loose much weight. After all, fat is smaller than muscle at the same weight.

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #5  

Your all too smart!!!

She did lose a little though, 2lbs. But I thought it was really interesting for me, because I don't really know of anyone in real life who has gone from being out of shape to in shape without losing much weight.

I've been really stressed lately because I have lost very little weight this year (having lost so much last year) but have dropped a dress size and a half!

I've never tried BFL, but I think I might have a crack at it in July/August after I come back from Australia.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #6  
Mel

I started BFL after I'd lost about 50 pounds and discovered that cardio and circuit training didn't give me the body I wanted. I started at 135 pounds, and 27% body fat, measured by an experienced trainer using a nine point caliper method. At the end of 12 weeks, I was 137 pounds, 22% body fat, 2 sizes jeans smaller and looked a lot better. My eating was "by the book", but not my lifting after the first 4 weeks. I still didn't look like a fitness model, but I was in my late 40's and had been overweight or starving myself most of my life. I'll NEVER look like a fitness model

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #7  

I though the men's winner looked alot more dramatic. That guy really got ripped.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote