Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and Chit Chat #189.

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies.
We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles. And we also find time for some chitchatting!
So please, won't you join us??
Old 05-13-2006, 01:50 AM   #2  

Hello everyone....I'm so very tired tonight. I'm loving these hours, but I'm still adjusting. Wanted to check in before I head off to bed. I will do individuals tomorrow....

But before I go here is Angie's question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
here is another question...if you could choose any career what would it be?
I have to think that one over tomorrow. So I will be back w/individuals and an answer!!

G'Night ladies!
Old 05-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies

What are your plans for the weekend?? I don't have much. Today is to clean and mow the lawn. Tomorrow I'm picking up Jhanai and we're going out to lunch for Mothers Day. Thought I would come in here and catch up a bit before I do my cleaning.

Robin--I like your idea's of how to spend the millions! Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Michelle--The gas prices are outrageous!! I filled my tank up last night again and it was $49. It's been around $50 each time I fill up. Not liking that. So just me and my car I will be spending $200 a month for gas! Add James and it's double! Need to start carpooling! I hope you're feeling better this weekend. Stress is one of those health busters you know! Take Care of yourself and go do something you've been wanting to go do.

Jules--Pets with allergies.....the poor things always sound so miserable. At least my aunts dog does. Fantastic on the inches lost!! If the scale doesn't budge...it's always nice to see a difference in the measurement. Because that means you're looking leaner. In fact, I would prefer the measuring tape over the darn scale anytime!

Sue--Your husband is talented. My grandpa does wood work also. I have so much of his work in my house. I love it though. My cedar chest is my favorite. Your family is lucky to have someone who can make things by hand. And think it is more special when you receive something thats made by hand.

Angie--I've read your blog. I think it's fantastic that you have one are keeping tabs on your thoughts and feelings on everything. I wanted to add a comment but I had to sign up for it. Do I have to be a member if I sign up just to leave a comment??

Now...to answer the questions
#1: What would I do w/all that money?
I have always told James that the first thing I would do is get a tummy tuck. We wouldn't be able to travel or anything for awhile because I would want to have that done before I vacationed around the world! Jhanai would be set for her future. I would also pay to have the cemetaries where my grandma and my brother are, routinely landscaped! The last time I went to my grandma's it was so over grown! And my brother is way up in the woods where they have an OLD cemetary. I didn't even know it existed.

#2 If I could choose my career.
That's so hard! I don't even know what I would do. I would like to do something that would have me travel the world. My uncles wife has a job that has her traveling around all over. Not exactly sure what she does, something like she creates seminars for big companies. Where she finds the place the seminar is going to take place, gets the caterering done and all that jazz. She used to do it for Microsoft and now she has her own business and does it for other big companies. Maybe I would like to be her sidekick! Her last purchase she made was a car that was made and then shipped from Germany! Too bad I'm not close to this Uncle and Aunt!!

Ok...must get to work! Have a lovely day!!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies!

We got back from Florida a little while ago, and I'm so happy to be home! I'm also exhausted! I'm not even going to try to catch up, but will wish you all....

Happy Mother's Day!!

Chat with you tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #5  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Everyone ~~ I was going to close out my account here, because we were worried last night that I had picked up a virus here, because it listed the detection to happen during the time I was on this site. Have any of you had any problem here with anything like that? I've been getting the same pop up, only when I'm on this site, and every time I go and keep trying to click out, it keeps coming back up. My daughter, who also belongs to a forum with advertisements, has also been getting this too. Well last night, when our computer did a scan, it showed a trojan virus had been detected, but our Norton Antivirus, that we pay for, stopped it and it didn't affect us since then. So far today it has been okay, but I did subscribe for the one week for $1 ad free on my account, and I love it because the screen is bigger now and NO advertisements. After this week, I may start paying to have it stay to the add free. Today I've had a migraine and can hardly stay awake. I really don't know what's wrong with me anymore, but I need to wake up, because I'm the one cooking Mother's Day dinner tomorrow.

Marti ~~ These gas prices are out of this world!!! We are finding that we're staying home more than we used to, because it takes a tank of gas just for our normal weekly driving back and forth. I'm with you on the tummy tuck!

Jane ~~ So glad you had a great trip and made it home safely! You go get some rest and we'll talk with you later.

Hello to everyone else, and I'll be back a little later to check back in.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #6  

Back for a spill!!

Jane--Welcome back!! Glad you and your family are home safe. Once you're well rested, back in and give us an update! We'd love to hear all about your trip.

Michelle--I don't have the ads while I'm this site. We've had them blocked for some time now. We did have a virus scare a few weeks ago though. I wasn't even the one online when it was found. So not sure where it came from. James had it all fixed though and we haven't had any detection of it since. What's the update on your pedometer??

I finally got my back yard mowed. I was having a difficult time getting the mower started!! My right arm is sore from pulling on the dang thing! Let me tell you it was a work out just trying to start it. Neighbors must have been thinking what nut I am! But I finally got it started. Put on my headphones and went to work. Now this is the first time I listened to music while mowing....and it made the experience more enjoyable! I may even had my hips swaying to the music while I was out there.

Alrighty ladies....I need to put laundry away so I better get.

Hugs to all!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #7  

Marti ~~ I took the pedometer back on Wednesday. I talked with a couple other ladies on another site who have the same one as I did, and they have had nothing but good results with theirs. They said maybe I just got a bad one, but I was too frustrated with it to deal with it anymore. I might just get a cheap one and try it out for awhile. I don't want any fancy thing, just one that counts my total steps for the day.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

We had a boring morning...dreary weather that made you feel like going back to bed. I did laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Then we pretty much went over the house plans, discussed a few things about the building and our choices and vegged out. Got a visit from some family later in the afternoon, which was enjoyable.
Since we had our family dinner last Sun. while our sons were home we are just taking Mom out for lunch tomorrow.
If this rain keeps up I think we will continue to be blah!
Regrettably....feeling blah and sitting around feeling this way is NOT getting my exercise in.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #9  

I'm sorry you're feeling blah Sue! Our weather was beautiful today, and tomorrow it's to be up to 80 degrees, and 87 on Monday. I wish I could send you some to cheer you up! Have a good relaxing evening.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

I missed you all!

Angie - I wanna join in on the game, too, ok? Like Sue, I'm proud to know you. You are becoming such an inspiration, Ange! I am serious about weight loss like you, too. I'm so glad you have your family's support. I know I couldn't have done it w/o my family helping me. Maybe we could also start giving ourselves points for stuff, like a point a day if we drink our water, a point a day if we stay totally on program, and a point a day if we do our exercise. Just a thought.

Marti - once in a while we'll see a blue jay, but not very often. Now that we have the bird feeder where it is, we might see them more. Hope your sweet doggie is ok! Good thing she did go to the vet. James sounds like Neal - I have to practically drag him to the doc.

Katie - wow, you're doing great with the diet and exercise. About your son - I found that when we took away something the kids really, really liked as a punishment, they would do better. For Terry, it was Nintendo, for Mary, it was the phone. For Katie, it was the computer. It's great that you and the ex get along. The teacher and counselor can probably give you some good advice on Thursday. Be sure and let us know how it went, ok?

Michelle - thank you so much for the kind words, hon. But I haven't kept all of the weight off. And I'm miserable about that! So now when so many JLs are serious about losing, and I'm not stressing about anything anymore, it's the perfect time for me to start again. Btw, I LOVE your new Minny avatar! I think mine and yours oughta get together. Teehee!

Jules - oh sweetie, just keep up the good work and the weight WILL come off. Are you writing down every bite you take? Be careful of BLTs, ok? That's bites, licks, and tastes. Not getting too much salt? It's great that your DH is supportive. Mine is too, and like I was telling Angie, it means so much!

Sue - I haven't looked at your pictures yet since I'm so far behind, but I will soon. So sorry about the BIL and all. Yes, funeral food (comfort food) can be so overwhelming! Glad that's over for you, hon. Although it wasn't me you asked, I can tell you that the gazelle is much easier on the joints than some exercise machines. I think the elliptical and recombent (sp?) bike are both ok, too. But I do use the gazelle, and as long as I don't stiffen myself, it's all good.

Robin - sorry about your work situation. Isn't there a boss that can help you? Come here and vent any time, ok?

Kim - aww, I hope your buddy who had surgery is ok. Let us know. You're a good friend to her, it sounds like.

Kathy - I hope you're reading this, and that you'll stop in to say hello.

A big hello to anyone reading this.

Well, gals, I've had a good Mother's Day, and I hope you have, too. The kids and grandkids were all here for the noon meal, then some of them had to go to the other parents' for a visit, too. This was our first family meal in the new house, and it was great.

I'm so glad we're all getting serious about losing weight. Having support at home is great, but it's so good to have you all doing it with me at the same time. Also, it sounds like we're a bunch of stress/emotional eaters. Did you notice that? So it's great to be able to come here when I'm stressed. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds. Then another 10.

I feel so blessed to have you guys as friends.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Almost forgot Angie's question about the career. I worked my way up from being a hotel maid when I left my 1st husband to being a personnel director of over 200 emplyees. That's "human resources director" to you young ones, lol. I really liked working with people, and often had the opportunity to help the employees with problem that sometimes weren't even work related. But what would I have done if I could've had my dream job?

I'd be Jimmy Smits' tailor. I'd love to measure his inseam on a regular basis. Ok, ok, seriously? I wish I would've finished college and become a social worker. The pay would stink, I know, but I think I'd have liked that a lot.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #12  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies

Happy Mothers Day to you all.

First Jane and Michelle, How would I find a Pluto Avatar? I could not believe at WDW how great all the characters are with the crowds. And that they do not rush you to just take your picture and get out of the way. Cole kept running back to each character for 1 more hug about 3 times with each one before we could get him to leave. Even the crowds were good with the little ones that needed just a little more time with each of them.

Ok to answer Angie's questions, if I had 5 mil, I would pay off our house and bills, quit my job and stay at home, have another baby or 2. As for the dream job I could only do it if I had the above mentioned money, is babysit. I really enjoyed it when I did it when the other 2 kids were little, but you don't make enough money by the time you feed them all and buy all the craft stuff for them to make things.

Michelle I wonder if that pop up about the virus is the same one that we get but it pops up when we are in MSN. It is just an ad although it is very intimidating.

Ok the time has slipped by, I will be right back after I run to town and grab the sonny boy.

Kathy
Old 05-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #13  

Jane ~~ I also love Minnie, I think she's just so darn cute! Hope you have a wonderful dinner with your family. We ended up going out to chinese food, but it was really good!

Kathy
~~ So nice to see you post! You know, I don't remember where I got this picture from, because it's been on file for awhile. My daughter got some pictures for her myspace account. I'm sorry, maybe Jane will know how to get one for you. I hope you're enjoying your special day!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

Kathy - great to see you here! Check in everyday, ok? We've missed you. I PMed you a link for a really cute Pluto avatar. Hope you can use it.

Michelle - yay for eating out today so you didn't have to cook. The men of the family here take care of cooking on Mother's Day, but Mary made some dessert yesterday that she didn't trust her DH to do, lol.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #15  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

I'm back

It will be so nice next year when the DS has his drivers license and can drive himself.

Marti, what are your new hours that you work? How was your weekend with your sweetheart daughter? How come they grow so fast? I bet she can't wait until she is a little taller than you. And I just have to tell you when we were on vacation, they had a workout room with a really nice treadmill and a really nice ellitical trainer. I really thought that I would prefer the treadmill, but I really liked the trainer much better than the treadmill. How is your little dog?

Sue sorry about all the rain, especially because when the sun comes out your grass will not stop growing and then you will have to spend lots of time getting your exercise by cutting the grass. Hope you had a nice lunch with your mom.

Angie how is everything going for you? Did you go anywhere for mothers day? Did the boys make you breakfast or anything? Is your oldest boy still in school or did he graduate already? It is graduation weekend here, and next year my oldest should be graduating. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Hi to Robin, Kim, Jules, and Katie.

I guess I had better run and give the little guy his bath so that I can put him into bed.

Chat with you all later.

Kathy
Closed Thread