Old 05-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

Talking WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! Plauteau is OVER!

YES! YES! YES!

I got on the scale this morning- 3 pounds GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was crazy too, because they brought doughnuts at work this morning, and I really wanted one. Then I got on the scale, and you couldn't PAY me to eat a doughnut!!!!!

I am sooo happy! I was at 178 for 3 WEEKS. 3 WEEKS.

I am kinda confused about how exactly it happened. 2 weeks ago, I ate 1200 calories a day and excercised for about an hour 5 days out of the week. This past week, I ate around 1500-1700 per day, didn't excercise- and I lost. I'm wondering if it's a loss from 2 weeks ago because of the excercise, or it it's because I ate more this week? Maybe partly both?

Oh well, I'm HAPPY! Thanks you guys for all the encouragement, you kept me going even when I felt like giving up.
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Congrats! Feels so good when the plateau goes away and the scale starts moving!

It might be that you needed more calories especially if you're working out. I was recently on a plateau for almost 1 1/2 months and when I upped my calories and reduced my workouts the scale started moving really quickly. I can't say for sure that is what happened to you, but keep it in mind!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

Weight loss is often delayed so it's probably a combo. To remedy the plateau issue you can start calorie cycling. (switching up high days and low days to average out to your calorie goal) This keeps your metabolism guessing. Good work powering through that time where you feel like there's no point to it all because I know it can be super hard. You're doing great!
KriWes is offline   Reply With Quote