Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Default My best friend had WLS

OK, my best friend has had WLS just this past Monday May 8th, and I am soooo happy for her...but I am not sure how to show her how proud I am of her. She was over 300lbs and is on the way to a healthy lifestyle and I am so glad. Her and I have both struggled with weight for years and are both getting it under control. I went to see her in the hospital and didnt know what to take her since we are sooo tuned to getting candy/flowers/goodies to snack on ect...that I just took her balloons a wall plaque for mothers day and a card....but even though we plan on walking together this summer I want to know other ideas of what I can do to help support her. I told her that I will take her to the salon one day when she is closer to her goal... I am thinking a day at the spa for us both, but I would like to do something else for her and since taking her to lunch/dinner like we used to do to celebrate is out now, what else can we do???? Any Ideas? Thanks!!!!

Oh, BTW, my best friend is my EX-Husbands wife!!! Just in case that matters any!
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

How about a pedometer or a book on walking or a jacket for walking? Matching windbreakers with something silly embroidered on them.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

A nice basket with bath beads, stuff like that. Or an exercise basket with a towel, a pedometer (like susan suggested) small weights, head band, exercise socks... stuff like that.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 312/288/165

Height: 5'4"

I was thinking the same thing, a pamper me basket, or a gift card to her favorite clothing store (she can get an "I've earned this outfit". Or if your can't do the whole spa day going for manicure and pedicure is really nice. My best friend and I did that last month.
debo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

what fabulous ideas! and you're a wonderful friend for thinking of this. how about a few coupons good for things like: going with her to a makeup counter for new makeup tips, or a 'let's try on different styles' trip. or share a session with a trainer,

if she's inclined to journal, a nice new one is always welcome. a selection of teas [caffeine free is nice] or decaf coffees is always welcome, as might be a stash of things like crystal light or other SF/noncarb drink mixes.

FRANKLY, though, i think your friendship is the best gift she could have!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

Thank you all...I really like the ideas about the pedometer ect...I know she writes alot so I will be keeping my eyes open for a nice journal. I also like the matching windbreakers..lol that is a super idea. Thanks so much I appreciate the ideas.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote