Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:09 AM   #1  

Default Do you have a supportive significant other?

Just curious..

Last edited by paw_1981x; 05-11-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

ABSOLUTELY YES!!!

My husband is wonderful. He's actually doing WW with me. I cook, measure, weigh, and count all the points for the food. He just writes it down...lol, he's got it easy he says.

But to me it's no big deal b/c even if he weren't doing WW with me, I'd have to do all that for myself anyway. It makes it easier with him b/c we can talk about points, food, and when one of us has a weak moment we talk to the other one and support each other.

This isn't the 1st time I've done WW, but it is the 1st time he's doing this with me and it has made a huge difference. I feel so much better about it, he's my WW buddy. I've been able to stay in the program for 8 weeks now, which is the longest I've ever stayed in any plan. I'm very lucky that he's so supportive.

Everyone should have that kind of support. That's why I love this website too. The support you find here is incredible!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #3  
Healthy Living

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

Hmmm... My DH gives lip service to being supportive and wanting to get in shape too. However, he is the one who will bring home junk food and I have little self-discipline!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #4  
Slow and Steady

I am so blessed to have a supportive husband. He is really trying hard this time to make losing weight easier for both of us. He has been finding new recipes on the internet and cooking for us when I don't feel like it. I am very lucky.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #5  

My husband he really tries to be supportive but hes just never home. He will be leaving for 3 mths for school next month. Im praying I will lost atleast 10lbs while hes gone. and see if he can notice any changes then. But he really do try. When we go down to the track he watches the kids, just doing little thing that would be life easier for me.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My husband tries, but we have very different ideas of healthy eating. Then again, his exercise habits (except recently due to an injury) are much better than mine. If only we can learn to inspire each other (to get him to eat more veggies, and to get me to exercise more) instead of tempting each other into each other's bad habits, we'll both have it made. (He weighs about 10 lbs more than I do, so we both have a lot to lose)

He also loves to bring home surprise "treats." He did really well last night, he brought home McDonald's Asian salad for me (he actually remembered that I wanted to try it). He didn't know whether I wanted grilled or crispy chicken (so he of course picked crispy), but I did have enough points left to cover it.

We're learning.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 136/135/120

Yes... and no. My DH encourages me when I say I am going to lose weight, but he also brings home ice cream and other things I don't even want around, because if it's there I will be tempted to eat it. He will love me whether I lose 20 lbs or gain 50, but it sure would be nice if he would just take the next step and eat the vegetables and other things I should be eating instead of offering ice cream and cookies and fried fish.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

right now dh is doing wwers with me. He is very supportive but at times can hinder my efforts.. like wanting to go to the diner for breakfast.. hashbrowns are a weakness!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 AM   #9  

Nah, it's just me. That's okay though. I get support from friends and this MB .
Old 05-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/194/120

Height: 5"6'

I have a great husband. He works nights and I work days. So when he comes home from work he will make my lunch for the next day and figures out the points. Then before he goes to work he makes dinner. He has been a great help to me and trying to lose the weight.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My husband has been very encouraging in my weight loss journey. He constantly tells me how good I look and makes me feel great. However, he is bad to buy junk food and bring it home. I am just used to not eating it, but it does look tempting at times.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

My Hubby is very supportive in anything I do fortunately, however he likes to preach to the choir about the food issue. He likes to talk about eating right at the same time he's eating a butter tub full of cereal 30 minutes after he ate dinner. He is also a soda junkie! Diet soda, but he doesn't drink anything else! He tells me that I need to drink more water and I will lose more weight well drink up buddy because that soda isn't making you any smaller. LOL I tease him , but I am worried about his weight and health too. And it is very hard to diet in a house where you have two extreemly picky kids and a hubby that can't quit eating! I just don't think it is very fair to say you are being supportive but not practice what you preach.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #13  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

YES!! He's been right there beside me the whole way. I prepare most of the meals and they are all on plan and the whole family eats the same way I do. By doing that at his dinner meal, he has lost about 40 lbs. He still eats what he wants to for breakfast and lunch. I wish he were a bit more free with the compliments and noticing and that kind of support, but he's great with the food part. If he cooks, he cooks things that are on plan, he doesn't bring junk foods in, he's great in that way.
Closed Thread