Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Week of May 8/06

Welcome to a new week.

Quiet weekend. Gave the condo a really good cleaning. Also cleaned the inside of the car; now at least it looks good on the inside... Dinner Saturday night with sister and her new beau was so-so. Actually, truth be told, I didn't much like him. Hope she doesn't ask my opinion; am still trying to figure out how to get that message across in a nice way. Any suggestions?

My eating has been out of control the past three or four days. I feel at least three pounds heavier but am afraid to get on the scale. Renewed commitment today; summer and bathing suit weather are not far off.

How was your weekend? It certainly has been quiet; have we lost lala for good? I miss her.

Susan
Old 05-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Susan! Thanks for getting the thread up and running! I don't know if there's an easy way to tell your sister your feelings but if asked you may have to be honest with her. It's not an easy situation. I know myself that my first impressions are usually right. Like you, my eating wasn't great over the last few days. I talked with another receptionist that I work with and we've committed to swapping journals at the end of the week. I need something so that I'm accountable.

Yesterday we went to DH's company food show--can I tell you "food fest" in every sense of the word?! I didn't eat a ton but certainly could tell that it's stuff I haven't really eaten in a while and thus my tummy was very uncomfortable! No repeats there!

It's cool and sunny today and I managed to get out and get a nice walk in over the lunch hour. I had my car in for tires and I'm now $360 poorer but it was a needed expense. The mechanic told me though that because of the type of salt or whatever it is that they use on the roads in the winter it can cause problems with the tires and that I should listen/feel my car if I notice anything odd to bring it in because there's been problems with the tires coming loose! Geesh! And he said there's nothing that you can do to prevent it. On the up note, the car rides really nice/smooth

Hi to Lisa, Pam, Austingal, Lala!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Thanks, Susan, for getting the thread up this week. I had a nice weekend. DH and I went to the Derby Party which is always fun. It was for a good cause (abused children). I went golfing by myself on Sunday. Good thing because I played horribly. DH bought me some golf lessons and my first one is this Friday. I hope the golf pro can help me. DH and I ran in a 2-mile race on Saturday. He got an award for first in his age group. I finished (that's all I can hope for; I'm a slow runner).

I just don't know what is happening with my body. Last week I was OP most days. Of course the Derby party was lots of drinking and eating. I'm OP now on my third day and I haven't lost an ounce. WI is next Monday and I'm not looking forward to it.

Susan, did you find that when you became menopausal that your metabolism slowed or something? I just don't seem to be able to lose anything. It's always good to give the house and car a good cleaning.

Melissa, I'm glad you have walking weather again. Ah, yes, our cars. They do cost us lots of money. As you know we bought another truck for DH and it was a good deal. We took it to our mechanic for a once-over and that was around $400. It runs really well now, but money just seems to fly out lately.

I also wish lala would come back. I always enjoyed her posts. Where's Pam?
Old 05-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #4  

Another gorgeous day here in PA! My co-worker that I go to the Wellness Center and I headed outside to walk today since the weather was so nice. We've found a nice route and we get some hills in so it's a good workout. We've tracked it and it comes out to approximately 3 1/4 miles I always feel better after getting out.

I'm working on those 8 guidelines and so far I've been doing good with the milk, which has always been a problem for me. I'm drinking a WW smoothie in the morning for breakfast so that way I get my 2 milks out of the way. I still have room for something else too! I've been struggling with the night time snacking and that's something I really need to focus on--it's just so easy to snack without thinking!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #5  

Hi ladies,

Blaahhh a cold and rainy day here, actually that's the weather forecast through Sunday. Didn't do too much this weekend, we were all very lazy for some reason. Just me in the office today so things are very quiet, good day to get some work done. Plans for this evening are to go out to dinner with my honey...hope I can make some good choices, don't want to break my 8 day OP streak.

Susan how long has your sister been dating this guy? Maybe just a passing fancy for her??? If it looks serious and she inquires I would be honest with her. Summer and bathing suit weather scares me .

Melissa I work for a grocery store chain and we have too many "food shows". Good idea to swap journals with a friend, I may suggest that to a friend of mine at work (my walking/WW buddy). Cars are such a money pit. Mine has been acting a little strange, and I'm almost afraid to bring it in.

Susan I'm not going through menopause yet, but I noticed my metabolism has slowed down the past 2 years. I've never struggled so hard to loose a few pounds as I have this year.

Well ladies I should go out for my walk, maybe it will give me more energy today. I'll talk to you soon.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #6  

Just a quick note because I'm heading out of town on an overnight business trip.

Lisa - my metabolism did change a few years ago. I have to work much harder now to lose weight. Thank goodness for running; it kinda balances things out for me.

Melissa - the only good thing about buying a new car (like we did last year) is that there's no outpouring of money for a few years. I'm glad I got custody of the Echo.

Pam - this is a new relationship, and I'm hoping she sees some of what I see before too long. And I do intend to be honest - if she asks. Always tricky, but she deserves the truth.

Talk Friday.

Susan
Old 05-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #7  

Susan, I agree with Pam; you should be honest with your sister. Sometimes we see things they don't. How you do will be touchy, though.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone!

I took yesterday afternoon off and met a WW co-worker for lunch and then we went walking at the peninsula. I ended the day with 17,282 steps We talked at our meeting about how in order to lose you actually need to get in 15,000 steps. Anyway, I did well with eating and everything until after dinner when the salt craving kicked in and I got into the chips that I had gotten for the boys for dinner. Ah well, that was just a little blip and I've satisfied that craving!

Pam: The cool, rainy weather is supposed to arrive here later today. We really need the rain so I can't complain too much. It'll also help with the allergies by getting rid of the pollen in the air. I knew I was going to need tires by inspection and I figured better to take the hit now rather than waiting until later on. Congrats on your 8-day OP streak! I'm hoping that swapping journals will help both of us in the end.

Susan: I think our metabolisms change once we hit 40, unfortunately. I never used to struggle to get my weight back down but this past year I've been struggling a lot more. It's a little frustrating at times, especially since I'm exercising on a regular basis. I'd hate to see where I'd be if I wasn't getting some sort of physical activity. This is the first "major" expense for my car--the tires were the ones that came with it so I don't think that's all that bad. Where are you headed for your business trip?

Lisa: My student coordinator left today for Orlando and was looking forward to her vacation. When she comes back we'll be busy. I'll miss her help while she's gone.

Well, I was down .6 at WI yesterday and I'm happy with that. I just wish I could break out of the 140's--it's only 2# but it sure has been a challenge. Something's gotta break sooner or later!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #9  

Melissa, that's what I always say: "what if I wasn't exercising??" I'd be a blimp! Congrats on the loss. I'd take anything at this point.

Send that rainy weather down here. We need it badly. We are 6 inches under the normal annual rainfall. The brushfires have been awful. DH and I are headed to my niece's college graduation and we're not sure which roads will be open for us to drive there. She is northwest of Orlando, but I-95 and the Beachline have been closed off and on for days.

Tomorrow's my Friday off. Other plans for the weekend: stay OP! take a golf lesson play some golf

What's everyone else doing?
Old 05-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi guys,

I am a very bad poster. I have nothing positive to say, but I am here and I'm going to try hard to get caught up.

Really.

I missed you guys.

lala
Old 05-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #11  

Welcome back Lala! I really missed your posts. I read your blog, looks like you're getting another Basset!! Hope you thoroughly enjoy him. Hope your arm is feeling better...tetanus shots really hurt and the pain can linger for awhile. Keep taking the advil.

Raining like you wouldn't believe here and it's completely depressing. Won't even be able to get in a walk between rain storms today.

Not much planned for the weekend other than a cut and color tomorrow morning. What's everyone else up to??
Old 05-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi Pam,

Yup, new dog on the 22nd. I wish he would come earlier, but oh well.

DP is on her way to Boston tonight for two and half weeks of work travel. I'll be here by myself and hopefully get some stuff done for me.

Nothing exciting planned.

lala
Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #13  

Lala: It's great to hear from you! We were worried that we somehow offended you in some way. I've been keeping up with you on your blog. I bet you can't wait to get your new bassett!
Closed Thread