Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Binge-free Week May 8th Start

Another week for us to make a real effort to stay binge-free. Even if it's only a day and that's an improvement for you, come and join us!

Note... if you DO binge, please refrain from telling us the grim details, as just reading about ********* or **** or ******, etc, can set some of us off on a binge.

Good luck to all of us... let's have a great week!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

So I managed 4 days last week which was an improvement over the week before so I want to continue the pattern. Of course, I'm setting my goal for 7 binge-free days!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I've never posted in this section before, but I am definitely a closet binger. It's been pretty bad lately--stopping for fast food on my way to/from work (sometimes both!), running into CVS for just one or two things and coming out with those things plus a bunch of unmentionable junk, going grocery shopping and ending up with a cart full of healthy food plus a bunch of crap to eat in the car on my way home--it's insane, and I need to get a hold of my eating habits NOW!

This morning, I have already had something I shouldn't have had, but I only had one, so even though it was junk, it was at least limited. I also took the highway to work this morning (which I hate because of the traffic) just to avoid driving by any fast food places.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh I need this thread right now! I'm up 7lbs because of 3 days of bingeing eating out!

I'll commit, I'm doing ok today
Old 05-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #5  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I could use this after the week I had last week... temptation temptation every where!

I'm going to try so hard to be binge free this week!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #6  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi everybody!

Last week was good for me---only 1 binge day! I haven't done this well in a long, long time! So, I know that this wonderful group , being aware of what and how I eat, and holding myself accountable CAN help!

This week will be a real CHALLENGE for me. I'm going on vacation to Chicago I'm really excited!

I won't be online for a few days and I will face numerous food challenges, but I will do my best!

One problem is that I'm already engaging in thoughts like: "Well, it is a VACATION, and I will not get the opportunity to eat these Chicago "treats" again so I should indulge".
That is, for me, like preplanning a binge!

I have to decide, should I completely avoid trigger foods and deprive myself of some unique Chicago yummies.

I wish everyone a binge-free and blessed week!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yay, another binge-free week challenge! It would be great to have another!

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies!! Well after a successful week (no binging at all) I'm really excited to take on week #2. I feel really good about myself right now, i did some exercises this morning and am ready to go. Today I get to have some extra calories..it was supposed to be yesterday, but I didn't quite get past 1,250 (imagine that). I think the appetite suppressants I'm taking is making a huge impact on the fact that i haven't binged in so long.

oh one other thing, after my binge-free week I am down 2.4 lbs!!
hard to imageine two weeks ago I was up 5.4 lbs
Old 05-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations on both your binge-free week and the loss! Well done you!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Jill, it's great having you join us!!

I had three binge-free days last week, which was HUGE for me. I've really been off plan for the last couple of weeks.
Even if I can have another three good days this week, I'll be very pleased. Any improvement is good.

Hungry2Live... I forget... are you taking Wellbutrin?
Congratulations on your loss!!

Elizabeth, have a wonderful time in Chicago! I read something about your trip yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post. Enjoy yourself, hon. Sounds divine.

Let's do this, girls...
If you think you're going to binge, pick up a healthier alternative. Little steps...
Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Hungry2Live... I forget... are you taking Wellbutrin?
Congratulations on your loss!!
no, actually, I'm taking trimpsa. I never have been a diet pill person, but I was desperate when I came back from vacation weighing 167.2 lbs . I didn't even think it would help much, because I mainly wanted an appetite suppressant, but then again one of my major problems is I always eat even when I'm not hungry, so I thought it'd do nothing for me. I was wrong! it helps me control my eating ALOT. Although I think I'm already getting used to them because I am starting to feel hungry again even with the pills . I'm gonna look for some hoodia stuff.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #12  

ok i'll try again, last week wasn't all that bad. i think i have my mind in gear to just follow the plan. i'm going for more good days than bad this week.

we can do this!!

hungry- congrats on your binge free and loss! keep up the great work!

elizabeth- hope you enjoy your time away!

tyler- i love the avatar!! great job on your good week!

harpo good going!! 4 days is great!! keep it up girl!!

jac and frustrated- hang in there girls! count up your good days and leave the bad ones behind you!

welcome jill!!

ellis- it's gonna be a good week girl!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #13  

hi all

last week was a write off for me. lots of bingeing.
it's tuesday midday here now. yday i overate (2 servings of dessert) but it wasn't a binge so that's a positive start

glad you started the thread ellis - being a day ahead i was already finished my day when this thread started so i felt in limbo silly isn't it? i shouldn't need a thread to keepme honest

i'm still journaling daily to try and deal with emotional issues so they don't influence my eating
Old 05-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright, so, today was a failure--can I start my week tomorrow?
Old 05-09-2006, 03:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Yes, one binge free day down, 6 to go. But I did just have some unnecessary middle of the night eating, but 5 crackers, 1/3 of a carrot and a yogurt is not a binge in my book. And anyway I was absolutely starving. But I hate eating this late at night. I should be sleeping and not eating. Please someone sing me a lullaby . . . I've always liked Golden Slumbers . . .

Has anyone else tried appetite suppressants to help with the binge urges? I really don't have an appetite until after sundown, so I'm wondering if I took an AS, it would help with the ravenous night appetite. But then you aren't supposed to take them at night, because they load them with caffiene and it's all I need to have another reason not to be able to sleep.

Here's to a binge-free Tuesday!!!
Closed Thread