South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default Monday Chat

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm hoping that the next couple of days at work will be hassle-free. My boss is out of town until Wednesday, so hopefully we won't have any situations come up that he would need to handle.

Tonight, I'm going to the baseball game to watch my beloved Royals try to struggle their way through the season. Even though they're in the cellar, I just LOVE going to the ballpark. I can avoid the beer easy enough, but I'm sure the hot dogs, pretzels and nachos will be calling my name.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning Jana; Have fun at the game tonight. I love the fat free hot dogs from Oscar mayer. They are better cold to me than cooked. Maybe you could take some of those.
Me; Had a relaxing weekend. Got my hair done, got the a/c unit fixed for only $40, thanks to a great SIL, and his dad who owns a a/c business. Got by hedges in that I ordered. Hope to plant them today, since it rained last night ground good for digging. Not much else new here though.
Have a great day to the chicks to check in later.
Chipper
Old 05-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new to share. Going for treatments again this morning,and then the afternoon will be mine,after getting a load of laundry done.Oh I gained this week,up 2 lbs. again.Have to think of a plan that will get me down on the scale again.

We're having a sunny morning,a little cooler though.Was planning to wear a light outfit,but I guess that has to wait as were going back to cooler weather again.

Hugs BB
Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #4  

morning gals ! Rain all day yesterday and today... My backyard is a lake! Will just be a quiet indoor day...
Old 05-08-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks. I'm edging my way back on to my beach towel and hoping to have a good OP week. Doing P1 again (hopefully just for a week) to get back in the swing of things.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Where has BEACHGAL gone to?

All is fine here in Central West Virginia.. looks like rain,, It rained yesterday and last night,, Still OP. I have to study for my Finals in Keyboarding II,, and write a 10 page report on torture for English 101

Sooo Take Care fellow SBDers..
Old 05-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Morning!!! oooo! bad day yesterday! My son's birthday, I did great until dinner..
I had a scoop of pasta salad and CAKE! I was so tired because of all the sugar I was asleep by 7:30! And I felt awful!!
I won't even try to get on the scale today....Plus I was up 2 lbs last week due to my unwelcome friend...uuggh!!!
But I am back to the beach today....

Hoping for great weather!!

have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

Well girls our South Beach Diet made the MOVIES,

The new movie RV with Robin Williams.. the brother is arguing with his sister and she is gettin the best of him and he says "WHAT ARE YOU?, ON THE SOUTH ***** DIET?

This is for sure the new nickname when I am PMSING.. My littler brother pointed that out.... lol
Old 05-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Morning girls..and lurking guys!! I stayed completely OP this weekend. I weighed this morning, even though my official weigh in day is not until tomorrow, and I have only lost 1.5 lbs. I wonder if my body is not in starvation mode...I forgot to eat most of the weekend, and when I did it, it was mostly just veggies.
I got a lot of painting done arond the house...One more step closer to getting it on the market!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:14 AM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

morning everyone. I'm g oing to lunch with a friend today and I avoided our regular restaurant because I can't resist their fries! So instead we're going to a diner where I can get two grileld chicken breasts instead.

I can't wait to meet with this friend for lunch, I want him to partner with me in starting an online magazine!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #11  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

p.s I think I've offiicially lost my addiction to ranch dressing! ha!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jana, enjoy the game! I found that it helped me when I ate before I went to a game, brought (or planned to purchase) SBD-safe snacks with me (like peanuts in the shell, veggies with dip, roasted garbanzo beans, etc.), took my water with me, and focused more on the game and less on the food (it always used to be about the food for me...now I'm starting to see all the things I missed by focusing on food exclusively! ). Hope you have a blast! Just keep in mind that hot dogs almost always have sugar in them...the only ones we are allowed (and only rarely...think it's at least no more than once a week...but could be once a month. You'll have to check the GCGFG for more info) are low-fat beef. Fat free ones usually have a ton of sugar added in to make up for the lost fat.

Chipper, sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy that gardening...there's such peace to being out in the garden!

Beach Bum...I must have missed something! What are you getting treatments for? I hope everything is okay. :worried: You take care of yourself, okay?

Morning, Schatzi! Hope you have a wonderful day inside!

Kelly, I always feel so much better after a week of P1. You are doing great!

Me:
This was a fun, but crazy, weekend! We went to a surprise anniversary party for my friend's parents on Saturday. I was asked to bring fruit salad in a watermelon basket...worked out well. I made a neat fruit dip to go with it (I'll post in the recipe forum...). Brought a WW bun with me for the burgers we had, and had salad and fruit. Also had a lot of veggies with dip, but avoided chips. It was a great party! DH and I then ran to church, where he read, and then decided to have an impromptu dinner at this restaurant up on the hill above our town. It has the most incredible view! They had a guy playing piano, which was romantic, and we had a really good dinner! I had salmon with a cucumber dill sauce and couscous.

On Sunday we did church and bible study, then DH mulched the yard while I ate lunch and ran to get plants. My favorite nursery apparently closed sometime this winter...I'm devastated. I loved that place...and I hate it when Mom and Pop places close. Had to go to three other places to find someone that carries the right stuff...but finally found it. Got tons of impatiens, lots of different annuals for our front walkway, several perennials for the gardens, and a ton of veggie and herb plants for our veggie garden. I'm so excited to plant them this weekend!

Today I have to run errands...pharmacy, grocery store, return a movie, etc. Then I have to make something to pass for our book club meeting tonight. That should be fun.

Oh...one more thing! We went to Dunkin Donuts Saturday to grab coffee. I had looked over their website and couldn't tell if the 'flavor shots' for their coffee were SF or not. I asked, and they are!!! They have something like 10 flavors...things like toasted almond, blueberry, chocolate, caramel, coconut, etc. YUM! I got a latte with coconut and toasted almond. I added splenda and it was just amazing! I highly recommend a trip to DD in your future!

Have a wonderful day, chicks!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

Beach Gal~ glad to see you post.. I was wonderring about you,, for some reason I seem to get you and beach bum confused sometimes, just when I am flying by and reading, I realized this morning that I had not heard from you lately......
Old 05-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #14  

Hello all -- tons of work to do, but I am procrastinating for a mo. I am technically down 1.5 pounds since last week ... just darn lucky, I guess, since I cheated a bit this weekend. I ate primarily OP foods, but too many. The weekends are hard for me because it's so much downtime, I'm at my parents' house every weekend and it's easy to slip there.

Mostly, I ate scads of black seedless grapes. Too many, probably. My 19-m/o niece and I ate fruit all weekend long, for some reason. But I also had a low-fat Weight Watchers ice cream bar, thinking it was no-sugar-added (Some are. This is truly not a lie I'm telling myself). I ate plenty of veggies and drank water all weekend, too.

Also made the Peanut Butter & Jelly cookies from one of the SBD cookbooks. Yum. They are really dangerous.

Beachgal Really? The DD flavor shots are sugar-free? I was told they were not! I hope I simply caught an unenlightened server ... because yum! Starbucks only has SF hazelnut and vanilla and I miss my almond flavoring!

lottie -- good luck! On-line magazines will probably kick the tails of print pubs! I work for a print one, unfortunately.

Jana -- I def. used to use that "take me out to the ballgame" song as a checklist for things I should eat while cheering for the game. Peanuts? Check! Popcorn? Check! Cracker Jack? Check! Icecreambeerhotdogpretzelfrieddough? Check! Good luck!

Mo, chipper, MsCrock, Schatzi, kyemom, Kelly and beachbum -- have a great rest of the day!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #15  

The hike yesterday was a lot of fun. Thank goodness they combined several different commandments/religions in one location because it took over 3 hours to hike to the seven locations we went to. And it is interesting crossing 10 lanes of traffic with about 40 boys!

My weight is up this morning but TOM is here so hopefully it will go back down soon.
Closed Thread