Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #1  
Shar

S/C/G: 280/149/140

Default SHARMEL UPDATE!! Movin on up!!!

Sharmel has moved out of the CCU back onto the Med/Surg floor. Her NG tube has been removed and she is receiving all nutrition through the feeding tube. Her pain management has been changed to facilitate the move and she is doing well so far. The plan is to keep a close eye on her over the weekend and if she continues to improve, the surgeon plans on going in on monday to close her incision. After this major step, the next step will be contrasts and clear liguids, which are signs of being released. He will continue to take things slow, but as Shar gains strength she will inevitably make him start keeping up with her. She has set a personal goal of being home NLT 15 May, don't know if medically it will happen, but at least she is setting goals and doing what she can to achieve them. We are on an upswing and just pray for little to no significant backsliding. If anyone would like to send her flowers/cards/ anything or just call her, let me know privately and I will get you the pertinent information.

Thanks!
Eric (DH)
USAFwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Eric, thats awesome, please tell her we are continuing to pray for her speedy recovery.

You might want to print these posts out and bring them to the hospital so she can read them. Bet that will brighten her day.

Can't wait until she's home safe and sound *hugs*
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh eric. thank you so much! i was wondering, since we hadn't heard, and i'm so glad you posted.

send her many hugs and prayers from us all
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote