Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 AM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default another question about fitday...and those counter things..

Good Wednesday everyone!

I had a question about fitday...when does everyone log in there food? I started to log in and it seems to take forever!! does anyone have a particular time?

And where does everyone get those cute counter things at the bottem of their posts? I see some with grass and bees and flowers? Know what I mean?

Thanks!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'3

I just started fitday yesterday so I'm still learning myself. But on the other question, you can go to tickerfactory.com and get a ticker. There are some instructions on the general forum on how to get these into your sig.
natascharenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 8.5"

For fitday, I usually log my food throughout the day unless I'm away from home. If I am away, I write it down on a notepad and log as soon as I can.

Logging does get easier and quicker I promise! Once you start getting your favorites listed and get any custom foods entered for yourself it gets better. I guess for the first month or so that I started using it, it did take a while longer. Just don't give up. It really IS worth it once you get things going.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckatgo
And where does everyone get those cute counter things at the bottem of their posts? I see some with grass and bees and flowers? Know what I mean?

Thanks!
Ckatgo click this link for everything you need for a weight tracker (cute counter thing).
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Depending on how I'm feeling, I usually wait until the end of the day to log it all in at once. Sometimes, if I'm feeling really brave, I do tomorrow's at the same time, planning out what I will eat the next day according to what I know I have, and I plan on doing that more often. Planning out what I can eat during the course of the day, and knowing ahead of time how many calories I am saving, kind of makes me feel more in control of myself. You know, like I'm not gonna go stand with the fridge door open, scratching my head, so I'm less likely to have anything that goes over my goal, or any surprises at the end of the day when I do my count. I don't have to constantly refigure and add this and that, so I get to think less about food, too.
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #6  
weight watchers

Thanks everyone for the help! I love those ticker things and as soon as I get the time I will add it to my sig.

I hope the logging gets easier, it takes forever now...LOL...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I customize the foods that I eat all the time. Then they are always in the drop down menu and quick and easy to find. That shortens my logging time considerably.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

I have to do it throughout the day or I don't think I would! I use Nutridiary and I like it better because it allows you to create "meals" and then you can just select that. That works for me because I eat a lot of the same meals and it's pretty easy just to change one thing on it. So, for exampe, instead of entering 1/2 cereal, 1/4 cup milk, 3 strawberries, coffee or whatever all seperately you just add the one meal clicking one button. I used to use Fitday but I find Nutridiary more convenient that way. Thought that might save you some time too.
KriWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:44 AM   #9  
weight watchers

I'll have to check it out...Thanks! All the logging seems a pain in the rear right now I hope it gets better! what does everyone think of calorie king's version?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:15 AM   #10  

The FitDay does get easier and I also put most of my foods under the customized listing as it makes them easier to find. I keep a small notebook with me and I'll jot down the nutritional info from the package and then transfer it to FitDay. After a few weeks of doing this, I should have most of my foods listed.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #11  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

i like this site http://www.slimbodycoach.com/index.php its free and you have a fridge so you can store items so all you have to do is pick an item in your fridge or menu
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote