Old 05-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Exclamation Weekly Journal Buddy Thread May 1-May 7

Wow, it's pretty scary for me to be the one starting this thread! And on a Tuesday???!?!?!?

For our new members that don't know, this thread is where we share what we ate for the day & also log our exercise & water, if we choose to. You can do this any way you want, ie whatever is most helpful to you. Jillybean, for instance, likes to plan out her day ahead of time & then edit her message to show what was eaten or what she just didn't feel hungry for. I like to write it down as I eat it, to keep track since certain things are easy to forget, especially if I WANT to forget them.

It's also a good thread to get recipe or food ideas from, as well as to ask the other members, "What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right?"--everyone is always glad to help.

You can do one message every day, or several days in one message. That's up to you. Welcome & please feel free to join in!

So.

Where TF is everyone? I can't be the only one binge eating? Or can I?

Anyhoo, today:

1 green apple
1 yellow apple
1 packet cinnamon granola bars

1 cup decaf w/a sprinkle of sweet & low & an ice cube
half gallon of water

lunch: 1 grilled cheese sammich
more freaking water

afternoon snack:
1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese
1 sub roll
^^ sliced up & eaten together

dinner:
4 hardshell tacos from taco john's
1 small potato ole's
1 small lemonade

throughout the day: countless jelly beans. Do not ever visit the Jelly Belly factory store in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin. I got a large bag of the "good" flavors. They are now in my desk drawer. Out of sight, out of mind.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 05-03-2006 at 01:30 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I'm going to start posting to this thread because I really need some accountability. My eating is taking a back slide, terrible, terrible unconscious eating. Emotional eating and every type of eating. I also read today that "The power of embarrassment is greater than willpower." So I am embarrassed all the time by what I eat so I thought if I give it ago here, maybe it'll help me eat better. So here we go:

breakfast: 1 c. frosted flakes w/ 1c. 1% milk
On the way to work: breakfast wrap (scrambled eggs w/ salsa wrapped in a tomatoe tortilla); 1 hot chocolate

lunch: 1c. macaroni salad, 1/2c. of red grapes, 1 snack pack mini oreos, 1 pepsi

snack: 1 slice of banana chocolate chip bread.

dinner: 1 c. cube roast w/ a little gravey, 1.5c. macaroni salad.

Something in the last couple of weeks has broken down, so that my eating has worsened. I'm trying to figure out what is going on with me. Last night I had terrible heartburn, which I never get. Today I've had a painful gas bubble and painful hiccups that hurt my chest. So I'm feeling a little out of sorts as well.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

No, Aimee...you're not the only one binge eating I'm just not as brave as you. I'm just too ashamed to write it down here.
I was such a success last year and now I'm only 15 pounds less than when I started, after having lost 40 pounds!

I HATE this feeling!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham
No, Aimee...you're not the only one binge eating I'm just not as brave as you. I'm just too ashamed to write it down here.
You don't see me writing down the Chinese food binge from Monday night, do you? Oh wait, oops. haha. It was sesame chicken, with veggie fried rice, and an eggroll. I ate almost the whole thing w/o even thinking about it. And almost no lunch, no breakfast. And Saturday I did a Roadfood tour, but managed to keep it to a minimum, I thought.

Work is stressing me out a bit & I haven't been making or taking the time for breakfast. And yeah, Linda, I know how you feel cause I'm right where you are. But we are in this together!!!

Today, for instance, I haven't eaten yet. (except a bottle of Pom blackberry black tea.) Am craving sushi, though.

ok today:

Pom Tea Blackberry Black Tea

1 gallon water

1 grilled cheese sandwich
1 blueberry shake

8 ounces mojo potatoes
some ketchup

12 small pieces california roll
soy & wasabi & pickled ginger
1 container Pom Tea Peach Passion Green Tea?

(Pom Tea is amazing)

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 05-03-2006 at 07:00 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #5  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I miss you guys and our other friends that usually post here. My computer is on the blink and kicks me off rather frequently. I have to make it quick before it happens again. Hang in there Linda, Donna and Aimee.

P.S. The book store called and my copy of 3FC is in.

Aimee, What is POM tea?

Last edited by activeadventurer; 05-03-2006 at 07:45 PM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:11 AM   #6  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi folks,

How is everybody doing? I had a pretty tough one today. I am not conciously aware of it, but I am pretty freaked out I am guessing, with more pt/ct scans over the next few days. Minimal sleep and struggles with food. All I can say is "this too shall pass"

Blessings,

Denise
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote