Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-29-2006, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/183/110

Default Nursing weightloss buddy?

Hi! I'm nursing my little guy and trying to lose weight. My little guy is almost 6 months old, and I'm planning on nursing till at least his first birthday, so I have a while to go... I was hoping to find a weightloss buddy that is also nursing, cuz I think that when you are nursing it makes it harder to lose weight. I don't want to do anything that would hurt my milk supply. I'm trying to do weight watchers, but I'm not very good at counting my points right now. If anyone wants to be my buddy let me know!
oOMirandaOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not real good at the buddy thing, but I can pop in and do a response from time-to-time. Bout in the same boat. I plan to nurse until he's at least 1. He'll be 7 months old on 5/3. Been stalled on losing, but this week have kicked back into high gear...daily exercise of AT LEAST 30 minutes and counting my calories rigorously. I kept slacking off on both. Was getting to Curves 3 times a week, but not doing anything on the off days. And would go "off" my calorie limit about every 3 days. Also was giving in to too many late night snacking binges. Maybe the nursing made me feel hungrier, but a lot of it is my mind. So I'm trying to drink hot tea late to keep from eating as much as possible. If it helps me feel fuller, fine. If not, then I'll get an apple or bell peppers dipped in light ranch. The crunchiness helps me feel as if I'm really snacking, while keeping it fairly light.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/183/110

I seem to be hungry all the time too. I blame it on the nursing. Late at night is my worst time... I've been trying to just drink alot of water then go to bed. That seems to help. Do you have any of the instant messengers? We could check in on eachother through them if you want.
oOMirandaOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

I don't use IMs. Have one, but never have it on. For instance today, this is my first time to sit down to the computer. Been on here about 15 minutes, getting ready to go nurse him to sleep and will get back on here for maybe an hour max. I don't really have time to chat, so I don't turn chats on. That's why I might not make a real good buddy. LOL But I'll try to respond to any posts you have here.

Feeling a bit hungry myself tonight and will probably munch on an apple after I finish getting him to bed.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/195/140

Hi-
My baby will be four mos. old May 4th. I've been trying to watch my carb intake but I also find myself hungry at night. Lately I've tried drinking Mothers Milk tea. It doesn't taste too bad and helps keep your milk supply steady naturally. I try to get to Curves, but, I have a really hectic schedule. I work in a law office from 9-5 Mon. through Wed. and I instruct ballet on Mon. Wed. Thurs. & Friday nights! Having a crazy schedule makes it so difficult to plan meals!

It's great to be able to converse with women in the same boat!
amy052800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy052800
Having a crazy schedule makes it so difficult to plan meals!
Try spending just one day planning meals, fixing them, then freezing them. That way you can just nuke em and not have to worry about it during your limited weekday evenings.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/195/140

Thanks! That's a great idea! Any meal suggestions that freeze well???
amy052800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

I've frozen vegetarian chili (using veggie crumbles), whole wheat pasta with veggie mozarella, tomatoes, black olives, onions, etc. (baked casserole), cooked fresh veggies like asparagus and cabbage. I don't really know that there's anything in particular you can't freeze for a short time like that.