Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2006, 08:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Confession Time -->I've been VERY bad!

So I allowed the events of this week (TOM, MAJOR job stress, and a severe headache) to lead me towards eating everything in sight. I had doughnuts, hot wings, chili cheese fries, cake, taco bell, and TWO Starbucks mocha frappucinos. And I did not make it to the gym even one time. (I did go horseback riding twice though!) I have gained 4 pounds when my goal has been to lose 10 pounds over the next few weeks. Any suggestions on getting myself back on track?
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #2  
Meg

Steph - you're not a bad person! You simply made some bad choices last week - and we all make bad choices at times. OK, last week is over and done with. Put it behind you -- today is a brand new day and a fresh start. Rather than thinking about (and beating yourself up) about the past - which you can't change - how about focusing on making today the best day it can be? Plan out healthy meals and snacks for the day and make sure you have everything you need on hand. And schedule a time for exercise today. You'll feel like a million dollars when you're done, I bet!

Once you have one good day under your belt, it will make tomorrow and the rest of the week so much easier. You can do it!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Meg. I think I will be able to get back on track, I just had to get the confession out there. I always get so much support on this board that I knew I wouldn't be the only one who has done a backslide occassionally!
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #4  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hey Steph! You're definitely not the only one....

Just keep in mind that slip ups are gonna happen, they happen to everyone. This is a process and it's going to take a long time, so one week out of "a long time" isn't going to break you. Just keep moving... ummmm... ya know, get back in the saddle, as it were!

Good luck, and keep posting!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

oh i definitely know what you mean about the stress! just try to forget the bad choices you made and start fresh (it sounds like you are already on that track). and the past week was just a blip in your efforts-- remember it is the longterm trend that counts.
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #6  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

It's ok we all have our slip ups. What matters that you move on and forget. Keep up the great work!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #7  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Just put it behind you and move on! We all have times like that occasionally, but the whole idea (I gather, I am new here...) is to learn from it and figure out coping tactics so the next time you have a plan in place.
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

You certianly are not the only one! Pizza, beer, Chinese, non-diet soda, cheese fries, pasta as far as the eye could see, and at one point I actually ate a handful of shredded cheese right from the bag-- my week was terrible too. But today I firmly decided that I will not let that bad week ruin everything I've worked for, and it's going to stop. We can get back on track together!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote