Old 04-29-2006, 02:09 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Lightbulb Opinions please! New strength routine

Hi ladies

I was hoping you could give me some critiquing for a revised strength routine I played around with over the past couple of days.

Here is the split plan over a week.

Monday - Back/shoulders/chest & cardio
Tuesday - Legs/calves & cardio
Wednesday - Abs/Arms & cardio
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Full body strength
Saturday - Cardio
Sunday - Rest

And the exercises are:

Abdominals
Ball Crunch (Stability ball)
Side Crunch (Stablity ball)
V-Up
Scissor
Plank

Arms
Cable Curls (resistance bands)
Concentration curls
Tri kick backs
Tri overhead press

Back/Shoulders/Chest
Dumbbell Row
Seated cable row (resistance bands)
Dumbbell bent over upright row
One arm lateral raise
Push up
Dumbbell chest press

Legs
Squat
Stiff leg deadlift
Pelvic Tilts (stability ball)
One legged Lunge (stability ball)
Donkey kicks (stability ball)

Calves
Calf raise
Calf angled in raise

Each split is circuit trained for 3 sets with 15 to 20 reps of each exercise. Weights to be used will be 1kg, 2kg, 3kg, although i think i may go higher for some moves. i will see how i feel after the first week. Keep in mind that i exercise at home, so machines are not an option and all moves are with free weights or resistance bands.

it may all go horribly wrong. i am thinking i need to add a few more moves for the chest/shoulders/back section. bring it up to 3 moves per part.

previously i was doing full body workout twice a week with 2 exercises per body part, ie, shoulders, chest, biceps, triceps, back, calves, glutes, quads, abs. so this is stepping it up, but i feel i need a change as i have been doing the same exercises for so long.

what do you think?
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #2  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Looks good to me, the only thing I would change...UP THOSE WEIGHTS girly!!!!!!! don't be afriad of putting on muscle that is where you metoblism is...the more muscle the higher the metabolism and YOU WILL NOT GET HUGE!!!! unless you eat a gigantic amount of protein, lift for five hours a day and take steroids...if those don't apply, which I am sure they don't then UP THOSE WEIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Basically to build muscle, you should be lifting 10-12 reps (the last one should be HARD!). Do those thing and watch your body morph!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:21 AM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

you are so right. i know i should up them. not at all afraid about bulk and i luuuuuuuurve muscle tone.

my last workout was using the pyramid system. so i was doing it 12 reps @ 1kg, 10 reps @ 2kg, 8 reps @ 3kg (and then back down), 10 reps @ 2kg, 12 reps @ 1kg - so at the end i was almost at failure.

as i will only be doing 3 sets from now on though, i think i might start at the 2kg and forget about the 1's.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I think this looks good Daisy. I had a plan similar to this in the past as well. I twould agree that you should try to up the weights a little if you can.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote