Old 04-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Question Thigh Problems

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but all my other measurements have gone down, but my thighs remain the same....any sugestions??? They are a huge problem area for me, and need suggestions on how to get them back in shape.... what's worked for you??

TIA!
Amanda
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

well, i am not a believer in the concept of spot reducing.

what type of training are you doing for your legs at the moment? squats, stair stepper, lunges, just cardio? what exactly are you after as an end result?

doing squats are the best ways to target your quads for more muscle tone. there are so many types you can do which is good so your body doesn't get used to them.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I've been walking and biking mostly. I really just want to tone my thighs up, because right now they are so "flabby".... so embarrassing!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #4  
fat fighter

definately do squats then. there are so many - wall squat, hack squat, sumo squat, jumping squat, king squat, one leg squat.

the sumo squat is my favorite (who would have thought I would have a favorite form of torture!) and i feel so mucho doing it. try 3 sets of 15 reps.

place your feel apart as wide as you can while also pointing your toes outwards. Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold for a beat, exhale, press back up to starting position and repeat. Keep your shoulders directly over your hips and don't lean forward or let your knees come out over your toes. keep your abs drawn in and don't arch your back. this type of squat gives more emphasis on the inner and outer thighs. i put my hands on my hips, it helps keep the hold for me.

another option is to use a smith machine if you are with a gym. much more controlled.

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 04-28-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #5  
fat fighter

here is a pic