Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 11:02 PM   #1  

Default to 200 in 2001 (8-8 & beyond)

This is a group of very determined interesting people , who would like to get to/below 200 in 2001 .
Old 08-08-2001, 11:13 PM   #2  

hey everybody ,

I needed to start a new thread , as I hate when we get 2 pages .

MELISSA ! WOW! You did great this week , despite being stood up for that interview . Congrats on the 10% .

Teri Congrats to you , too . You had a great loss ! You are sure dedicated to walk before work . I've thought of doing that , but I like sleep . What with my grandkids living here , that's my only rest time .

Dora , Any news yet for your hubby ? I've never heard my cousin complain about 60-80 work weeks , but maybe it depends what area you work . I can certainly understand not wanting to be so far away from home . A few hours drive isn't too bad , but having to fly 4-5 hours after paying the high cost of the flight , parking , etc... would be the pits .

I'm not doing quite as well as last week . We had a crisis in our house & I went right to the cupboard . Old habits die slow deaths .

Gotta go , the kids are bickering . kathy
Old 08-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #3  
Senior Tortoise

Kathy, you're right -- these habits do take a while to break. That's why I've gained my weight back -- I didn't take time to thoroughly change my habits. I thought if I just ate celery and fish for a year, I'd get to my goal weight and -- POOF! -- I wouldn't have a weight problem anymore. (And I'd be instantly deluged by handsome men, and I'd have the job I wanted, and I'd be homecoming queen to boot.) NOT. I did get to my goal weight eating like that, but I sure didn't get rid of my weight problem.

This time, I'm slowly but surely learning new habits. I backslide, then I pick myself up and go on. That's what you're doing, too. Way to go!

I did a new Richard Simmons video today. At the end of his videos, he introduces you to each member of the aerobics class and tells you how much each person has lost. One guy has lost a whopping 704 pounds!!!! Wow!! I couldn't believe it. What an incredible achievement.

I've decided to set a number/time goal for myself, something I rarely do. I want to get below 200 pounds in time for Christmas. I have no idea if this will motivate me or debilitate me, but I'm going to give myself this challenge anyway.

Happy Friday, everyone! The heat finally broke here -- hurray!

--Lauren
279/223/199 by Christmas!
Old 08-10-2001, 02:26 PM   #4  

Wink

Hey ladies,

I had my weekly weigh-in this morning, down 2.2 pounds. Nothing much to complain about here. My TOM is definately closing in, I feel so bloated. YUCK! That's a total of 7.8 so hopefully I'll get my first star next week. I'm really due for a big week if I could just get my butt up and walk or something.

It's hard for me to believe that I have been on this program for 3 weeks already. The time is just flying by. They gave me the activity book today and I wish I could say I don't need the encouragement but I haven't been good about getting in the desired exercise. I promise to be better.

Catch you later!
Ruby
263.8/256.0/237.8 (10%)
Old 08-11-2001, 12:18 AM   #5  

Hey everone , happy friday ,

Lauren you are doing great , & it takes alot of courage to get to goal , backslide & then go back . I just know if I quit going , I would gain it all back . I have gained a little , but at least I'm way better off than 2 years ago . I think for you getting below 200 by christmas is doable . Didn't you used to post over at Dotti's ? Do you still ?They changed alot .

Ruby , good for you ! Don't beat yourself up for not always being perfect . This is a learning experience & lifestyle . We're going to have many different events & occurances in our life that we may or may not be able to plan for . That's normal . I'm just always glad when the events are far between each other .

Last week was good , this week wasn't too good . Tomorrow will tell . Dora , where are you ? Any news from the job front ?

Gotta go . Kathy
Old 08-11-2001, 10:59 AM   #6  

Angry it's saturday!

Ruby - great job on the loss. I wish you the best of luck with achieving your star this next week. I must admit that it is fun getting recognized for your achievements. It makes me feel good when I am at the meeting and they applaud for me and everyone there is supportive. I really like my leader and the girls at my meeting, and I love the girls that are here. I must say that knowing other people are in the same boat as me makes it much more bearable.

I have a BBQ/party tonight and I hope I do well there. I am bringing salad and maybe angel food cake for dessert. It will depend on what the store has available. Have a good weekend all and try to stay cool. The humidity here is a bit nasty.

Melissa
Old 08-12-2001, 05:14 PM   #7  
WW since 4/00

I've had a decent week. I've journalled every day since Monday & I lost 1.2 lb this week at WI which puts me back at the point I got my 80 lb. bookmark 3 or 4 weeks ago. I'm also feeling a little more able to control my eating. First I was just focusing on journaling, now I'm working on getting in the right points ballpark. A week or so down the line I'll start tackling actually hitting the right number.

My brother is having his 50th birthday this month. Just ordered a bunch of paper supplies off the net. I can never get over how expensive that stuff is. Of course part of the problem is that we're expecting 50 people. I just got theme napkins & cups (they were out of most of the plates, anyway), a banner & table cloth. $60! I'll head for paper warehouse for the plates & plasticware or maybe Sam's Club. But my part's just a drop in the bucket compared to what his wife is spending, so I guess I should be relieved.

I'm also taking chips & dips. I have a special recipe for potato chip dip & I'm just going to use salsa for the tortilla chips. Anyone have any bright ideas for a 3rd dip that's easy to make & a little more unusual that ranch? It will probably be for veggies.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:59 AM   #8  
Senior Tortoise

Congrats, Gizzi, on getting back into the journaling and the points-counting -- and on dropping that weight this week. You're doing so well. As for a dip for veggies ... what about something with spinach in it? Or salsa with horseradish?

My latest favorite spread isn't a dip; it's for crackers. You take a block of Neufchatel cheese (lowfat cream cheese, basically). On top of that, you spread a small jar of horseradish. (Pure horseradish, not the stuff mixed with mayo.) And on top of that, you spread a small jar of apricot preserves. It sounds weird, but it's awesome when spread on water crackers. People can't figure out what causes the tang and the bite, but it's always a big hit.

Melissa, how did the BBQ go?

Kathy, yes, I still post over at Dotti's. I read 3FC, Dotti's, and now Lighten Up. When I'm pressed for time, though, I just read 3FC (this thread and the Turtle Club). These boards keep me going.

Ruby, way to go on th 2.2 down! You're doing great. Those first weeks are so much fun -- the weight really comes off. And you immediately feel so much better!

I'm trying to up my protein intake and lower my dessert intake. I think that's been a big obstacle for me. I have such a sweet tooth! I'm aiming to limit my desserts to 2-3 a week, eventually down to 1-2. My points this past week haven't been stellar (I'm about 11 points over for the week), but since earlier this week when I committed myself to getting below 199 by Christmas, I find I'm making better choices.

Have a great Monday, everyone.

--Lauren
(279/223/199)
Old 08-13-2001, 12:12 PM   #9  
WW since 4/00

Lauren, I use horseradish in my cream cheese dip & I'm using salsa for the tortilla chips, butthe spinach dip sounds good. Or, if I'm in a rush, maybe (probably!) I'll just buy some dill dip. Do you have a spinach dip recipe? I know there's 2 or 3 floating around out there. I'll check Kitchen Link too.

Good luck upping the protein. Have you thought about making soy shakes? You get the protein & the sweet. Never tried them myself though...
Old 08-13-2001, 09:34 PM   #10  

Angry i need a nap

I am tired!!
I got up and went to the gym today, but I really wanted to hit the snooze button. I has been warm here in NJ and I really just did not want to move. I did tho, and now I am tired.

The BBQ went well. I was very careful and I watched my points. Dessert put me a couple over, but it was angel food and strawberries and it was good. I couldn't tell you the last time I had that.

Well, it is beginning to storm here, so this is just a quick note. I have WI on Wed and another meeting to go to also, but I hope I have a good week. Take care all!

Melissa
Old 08-14-2001, 12:45 AM   #11  

Hey everyone ,
I had a pleasant surprise at weigh-in . I lost 2.2 ! Last week was 2.8 , so that's 5 toward the 8 I gradually gained over the past year . I thought I would gain because I lived on tuna sandwiches & animal crackers last week . The mayo wasn't light , but I only used a little & the tuna was water packed .

Melissa , good going on the exercise . Isn't it funny how you really want an excuse to not do it , but you end up enjoying it ? Of course i'm really speaking for myself . Maybe you don't feel that way . Good job on the bbq , too . I love fresh strawberries on vanilla ice cream , yum .

Gizzi , I have had such a hard time journaling , lately . You must be challenged too , or you wouldn't have mentioned it . I used to be so good at it . I don't know what happened . You seem to be doing very well .

Lauren , I too have been trying to up my protein . I'm a carb lover , so it's hard for me . I don't like cheese , but I do like string cheese . I would rather eat cookies or candy .

Have a great week . Kathy 344.8/242.8/185
Old 08-14-2001, 11:18 AM   #12  
Senior Tortoise

Melissa, way to go on getting to that gym! And on doing well at the BBQ. I know what you mean about not wanting to exercise when it's hot. Applause for you!

Kathy -- woo-hoo, wonderful! Another 2.2 down; that's great! You know, it's funny -- on the rare occasions I eat a little mayo, I too tend to drop weight. (Not if I eat a LOT of mayo, mind you!) I probably need to be more careful about getting a little more fat in my regular diet.

I wish I didn't love cheese!

Gizzi, I don't have a spinach dip recipe that's even remotely lowfat. There must be one on this board, though, or at dottisweightlosszone.comI haven't tried soy shakes; someone else recommended that to me recently, too. I'm not a shake drinker by nature, but that's a thought. I'm sure the soy would be good for me.

Had a great workout this morning, really worked up a sweat. I always feel better when I do that. My scales at home have me down 2 pounds, but they don't correlate to the WW scales in the evening at all so we'll see how that goes tonight.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
(274/218.5/199 -- my scales)
Old 08-14-2001, 04:36 PM   #13  
down - down - down

Hello everybody. I am still pretty new to these boards and am not quite sure where and when I should be posting. I was previously in another thread but it suddenly got very quiet so I assume people moved here (with its newer date). *shrug*

Today was my 5th weigh in - was down 2.0 pounds today. Somehow I thought it would be more but I'm still pleased. I've been rationing my points this morning as our office building is holding a tenant apprecation ice cream party in half an hour. I've spent 8.5 points on breakfast and lunch so I'm going to splurge and have half an ice cream cone. A little treat, not too much.

Happy afternoon everybody!
Old 08-14-2001, 08:30 PM   #14  

Hi everybody , (few as we are getting to be)

Lauren , It seems you must have alot of energy . More than I apparently . As for shakes , I like shakes . But I can't use them as a meal replacement . Did anybody here ever do the Cambridge diet ? Ick...

Welcome Marie , You are showing a very good loss . The average is 1-2 pounds a week . We do start new threads when they get too long . I hate when they get to 2 pages . The subject title usually says : to 200 in 2001 .

Well gotta go . Kathy 344.8/242.8/185
Old 08-14-2001, 09:05 PM   #15  

Talking

Hey ladies,

Kathy, wasn't Cambridge that really chalky stuff that you had to take all of those horribly big vitamins with? I have never been the kind of person who could replace meals with shakes either. I'd rather skip breakfast than to try to hold off my hunger after one of those so-called shakes. I remember people who did that Optifast stuff that was total shake replacement, I can't even imagine trying to exist on that crap.

Marie, I'm glad you found us. You are doing fabulous. You must feel great. It's very gratifying to have on ongoing weightloss like you have. Congratulations and welcome.

Lauren, good for you getting in that great workout. I think you've inspired me to get off my behind, I went for a walk. I'm hoping to get a chance to dust off the exercise videos tomorrow and get going! Wish me luck.

Melissa, I love angel food cake. I bring one home and immediately slice it into 1 point pieces. I'm a carb junkie so it really hits the spot for me when I need something sweet. They also have ones that are flavored like orange and such. They are good too.

The evil TOM is making me sluggish and lazy. I hate that bloated feeling, it makes me feel like I weigh an extra 25 pounds! I try drinking extra water because I'm told that helps but it doesn't seem to do it for me.

I'll check in with you gals later.

Ruby
263.8/256.0/237.8
Closed Thread