Old 04-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #1  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Yada Yada yada (weekly chit chat) - April 24-30

Didn't see a new thread for the week, so figured I'd start one.

Yesterday evening when I came home I got my bike out for the first time this season. I was a bit wobbly at first, but I expected that. I'm still not sure how to use all those gears and things correctly. (I got the bike last August for my birthday, and hadn't ridden a bike since college.) So I took it nice and slow, and only rode for about 20 minutes. That was enough. I could feel my quads trembling, and this morning my bike-sit-spot is just slightly tender. This evening I'm hoping we can go for a family bike ride (Gem's bike seat is on Hunter's bike).

Yesterday's food was all over the place. I ended up going out to dinner with my husband unexpectedly, and hadn't planned calories for it, so got a chicken quesadilla appetizer instead of a whole meal. Then we split the cheesecake bites desert (cubes of cheesecake rolled in graham cracker crumbs and fried. very tasty). According to Fitday, my total even with eating out was 1702, 28% fat, 30% carb, 29% protein, and 23% alcohol (appletinis for the win!). Fortunately, I'd gotten all my fruit/veg in earlier in the day. (what, you mean the apple liqueur in appletinis doesn't count as a fruit??)

Then this morning... Well, all I can say is thank goodness for the Bladder Clock! I set my alarm to get up at 5:15 this morning for my run (week7day2 of the Couch-to-5K program). I awoke at 5:40 because I had to go to the bathroom. I had set my alarm for PM, not AM. *grumbles at self* Fortunately, I'd given myself some extra time, so I was able to do my run anyway. But I hate that flustered, I'm-late feeling first thing in the morning.

It was a really nice run. I'm trying out some new routes in my neighborhood, so it's hard for me not to look at my watch all the time. I keep wondering if it's time for me to turn around yet. But I LOVE getting out early and hearing the birds and seeing the flowers and squirrels. It was rather chilly (about 40) so I started with my fleece-lined-nylon jacket on. Halfway through I took it off because I was hot, but I got cold again. I think I need something between just a t-shirt and the t-shirt/jacket combo. Or I'll wait and suffer through this season and see what I can find when it starts getting chilly again in the fall. By then I might be able to wear more normal sizes, even if they're guys' sizes.

I'm feeling stronger, faster, and amazed at myself that I can do this running thing for 25 minutes at a time. My knees don't ache, my ankles are stronger, my heart doesn't feel like it's going to burst. All in all, it's an extremely pleasant workout and gives me time to let my mind wander. I'm really enjoying it.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
what, you mean the apple liqueur in appletinis doesn't count as a fruit??
Just as much as the pureed peach in a bellini!!

I met a new guy, on the same week we received 40K pieces of mail @ work. I've been opening mail all week. And will be, b/c there are 60K pieces still out there. Guh.

The new guy is nice. *crosses fingers*

I'm publicity chair for the SE Wisc. Walk for PKD. YAY!

Other than that, hope my Chicks & Roosters are doing well.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #3  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Synger WOW I am really inspired by the amount of physical activity you are doing. It is really impressive.

SAPF Sounds like alot is going on with you, all good. I will keep my fingers crossed too.

As for me, had several OP days (yeah) and have been doing well with exercise. Am devoting the spring and summer to taking care of myself and having fun. Tomorrow DF and I walk to a little restaurant on the lake that I live by and go miniture golfing with friends. Both sure signs that spring is here.

Last edited by activeadventurer; 04-28-2006 at 01:54 PM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote