Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default I am here too...

After much love and support from the support forum, I am here! I want to just simply count calories. I have been on every diet known to man kind and I am straight up sick of it! I eat good, meaning I don't eat an unhealthy diet, Don't eat fast food, canned, processed stuff......I just eat a heck of a lot of it.... So here I am and I am counting calories. I think if I start just writing down everything I eat I will be more aware of how much I am eating. I do yoga and I am a big yoga buff!! Love it! my weight prevents me from getting into certain poses and that bothers me. I am 5' 7" and 190 lbs. I would like to get down to 135, but I realize that I may have to settle for 145...more do-able.

I am thinking of calorie zig-zagging...but don't know yet...anyone have any experiences they would like to share with that?

metta,
kat
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:00 AM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't intentionally calorie zig zag...it just kinda happens. I figure if I'm inside of my calories on average when the week is over - I'm good to go. There is a whole thread on it tho - it's here.If anyone can answer the question it will be the ladies here.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

I zig zag intentionally but I mostly vary it based on exercise. Your body needs more calories on days where you work out. It's also important not to go too low but I find that varying my calories keeps my body guessing. Good for you for finally giving up on the trendy diets. It is a simple concept once you get it. Fuel (food) in versus energy expended. Create a deficit, you will lose weight. I'd wish you luck but you won't need it, just keep on keeping on and set yourself up for success ahead of time. Most battles are won in the grocery store I say.
KriWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

HI! Welcome to the group Eveyone is really nice here, so if you have any questions about getting started, they are a great source of information. You sound very motivated, also I noticed that you are exactly my height and my starting weight (I am also 5'7 and I started counting calories at 190 pounds. I'm at 178 now). Good Luck!!!
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:26 AM   #5  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Thank you everyone for your love and support....yes, I am motivated again since posting here. Yeah, there are some questions I still have but I think I have figured out my zig-zag calorie count..I will post more on the thread recommended.....

metta,
kat
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote