Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Ap 24/06

Good morning! I'm wondering if everyone is off on vacation or something??

It's been crazy here at work--we had a breakfast & program yesterday and today I've been busy typing a long report for my boss. The weather is at least looking up today--sunny and 50!

My weekend in Chicago was fun. I was able to get a lot of walking in which is good for me. The temps were perfect as was the weather. Coming home was a bummer because we left sunny skies and 60+ temps to rain & cold (40's). Anyway, we walked to Lutz's for dessert only to find that they had to close their cafe because dust from the building next door was coming in. Long story short, we took our desserts to go and ended up eating it outside. It worked out.

Not much else going on here--I went to my allergist yesterday because I still have this annoying cough and he said my throat was red & irritated. He asked if I had experienced any heartburn (no) and he said that can cause the coughing at night. So, we're trying Nexium to see if that helps to heal my throat and get rid of the coughing. I have to call him on Thursday.

So how was everyone's weekend?

Hi to Lala, Lisa, Susan, Pam! Hope you're all doing okay.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #2  

Hi Melissa Yup I'm on vacation this week but unfortunately not doing anything fun. Lauren is feeling great and is going back to school tomorrow. Her surgery went perfectly, and she came home the same day as planned. Such a relief to have that over. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a little cleaning and yardwork done as long as the weather holds up. It's been cold and rainy here.

Other than taking care of my "patient" not too much going on. TOM started but my eating has been pretty good. When I'm nervous I tend to stay away from food.

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #3  

Hi all. Back from Cuba on Tuesday. Am feeling a bit queasy today - delayed reaction to the change of climate and diet I expect.

I had a wonderful 7 days in the sun. It was hot, hot, hot, so I stayed in the shade most of the week with the exception of the last day. The water was so warm it really wasn't refreshing, but I'm not complaining.

Weight up a little, but overall I'm pretty pleased. I took long walks on the beach every day, ran only once - too warm to even consider it. Tried to eat reasonably and it seems to have paid off.

I'm off to visit my Mom for the weekend. My Dad will be interred on Monday and I want to be there for it. Will check in more regularly next week. Hope all is well with all of you.

Susan
Closed Thread