Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

Unhappy My biggest fear...

I'm curious if anyone else out there feels the same as me.?

Ok, I have my "normal" fears - such as, I've always been afraid of the dark (and yes, I admit it...lol), also I'm afraid of choking (can't stand turtle necks or choker necklaces), and I'm also afraid of drowning.

But something I've realized lately...I've been dealing with my weight issues since i was 12 years old. That is literally half of my life. I've gone up and down and up and down - 220 to 150 up to 220 down to 160 up to 180 and now i'm back at 170.

AND, now that I AM finally in control of my weight issues...I keep having nightmares about gaining ALL of my weight back plus some.

And I mean like literally going to sleep one night thin and waking up the next morning back at my highest PLUS more.

Is there anyone else who has this irrational fear? Not only are my nightmares of me waking up fat again - but I also had lasik surgery done 3 years ago (after 20 years of wearing glasses) - and I also have nightmares that I am wearing glasses again - with eyesight much worse than what I had when I wore glasses (i think i had a 400/20 vision - it was so bad I couldn't wear contacts).

It's wierd - but honestly, my biggest fear IS re-gaining all my weight back.

anyone else?
Ultimategurrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #2  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
In a few weeks, I'm going to hit my fourth anniversary of reaching goal. My attitude has evolved from abject fear of regaining the weight to rock solid confidence that I will NEVER EVER EVER allow myself to get fat again. I'm in total control of my destiny and so are you. We're all going to work together and support each other and be part of the 5% who keep the weight off forever!
Meg, I dare say that not only are you going to help many of us to be part of the 5% who keep it off but you are going to change the statistics by your unfailing support, guidance and focus on maintenance. Soon there will be a lot more than 5% keeping it off for life.!!
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

I second what Jayde said! It's so true, you're a great role model Meg!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #4  
Sweet Success

My outside of weight fears would be that sometimes I worry about someone waiting for me on the trails while i'm walking, biking, or roller blading, some rapist or some guy that wants to harrass you because you didn't take no sudden interest in him. Sometimes that fear has kept me off the trails time to time. This nonsense has already happen at a park that I just quit going to.

I have had a dream long time that I had gotten huge! and I woke up out of that dream to look in the mirror. It bothers the heck out of me when I have negative dreams. That pretty much has me awaken on the wrong side of the bed and in a bad mood for the rest of the day. It has been a long time ago since I had that dream. I do the best I can to make sure that doesn't come true.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:03 PM   #5  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
In a few weeks, I'm going to hit my fourth anniversary of reaching goal. My attitude has evolved from abject fear of regaining the weight to rock solid confidence that I will NEVER EVER EVER allow myself to get fat again.
Same here.

I'm not going through that again. And if there's one thing I've learned along the way, NO FOOD is worth hating myself over.

None.

Nada.

Not one.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I totally know what you mean. I've been re-losing the same 15 pounds for about a year now, and I think it's because every time I get close to my goal I freak out. The idea of stepping from years and years of being unhappy with myself and dieting to some magical platform on which I think I'm okay is completely unimaginable, but I know I'll get there someday and so will you! Luckily this time around I'll have the maintainers forum!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote