Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Chit Chat & Weight Loss # 182!!!

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:04 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies!

welcome to the new members!! Just jumping on here so I can say hello to everyone. They are taking our internet tomorrow, so hopefully we can get it hooked up quickly at our new place!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #3  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

So we only let threads go up to 50 posts? (I'm still new at this!)
Old 04-24-2006, 04:09 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon Ladies...

So much chatting that I don't think I'll do individuals at this time, next time for sure.

I do want to welcome the new girls though!

Welcome to: Amy & Jacque !!!!

Well...I was going to report my WI today, but I think I'll wait and use the scales at work. Mine is broken!! I stepped on it today and it said I was 100lbs! Then I got back on and it said I was up 160lbs. Hmmmm....so I did a little investigation and low and behold...the center of my scale was crushed in!!

So WI will be official AFTER work.

Ok...some thing I must do before work today. I'll be back after work and try and get some individuals done!

Hugs to all!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #5  
I've had a rough week...

Marti, how sad!! And scales are pricey too
Old 04-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtaTJac
So we only let threads go up to 50 posts? (I'm still new at this!)

We started doing that for people who have a hard time getting the pages loaded. So if we get to #50 or very close to it....we start a new thread and either I or Jane will close the old one.

So if you ever happen to be the one that's at the last of the posting...feel free to start the new one. That's not limited to anyone in particular!

Happy to have you here!!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #7  
I've had a rough week...

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense! (And since half the time I use the computer it's from dial up, I really appreciate that thought!)
Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jac & Amy - welcome! If you see someone online that you want to chat back and forth with, you can always meet them in the chat room, too.

Cristina - thank you so much for the New Home card. How thoughtful of you! And a big Way to Go on the weight loss. Good luck with the showing tonight.

Jules - hope your allergies are better.

Marti - yikes! You need a new scales for sure, lol. Bet you have some very accurate ones at work!

Lakegirl - yep, I know the drill only too well, lol.

Mindee - hope you survive the move.

Sue - my lilacs are almost gone. In the acres around the houses, we have them in about 5 different spots, and they're one of my favorites.

Ellen - YAY for the weight loss. Did you ever find Susan?

Well, my muscles are sore, once again, lol. I've been moving plants and decorative bricks today. The west end of the house is now planted in hostas. Fern had the old fashioned kind that get huge, so we dug them up and split them. Also, we moved and split some Stella D 'Oro daylillies to the east end. We put some astilbes, foxgloves, and some hostas that are cream with green trim on the shady side, with some impatiens, and the sunny side will have roses, lantana, stargazer lillies, and I'm not sure what else. Then we bought 130 24" scalloped cement bricks to use as the border line all around the house. The guy at Walmart helped Neal load them in the truck, and I helped unload them.

See ya later!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #9  
I've had a rough week...

Jane, Sore Muscles are a good sign! (Usually at least!)

It sounds like you've had a busy day!! I'm thinking about planting a garden myself, although I'm living in a townhome temporarily... and I don't have much space here.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #10  
Closed

NOPE JANE , I DIDN'T FIND HER , FEAR SHE'S GONE FOR GOOD It sounds like your gardens are going to be beautiful, lots of hard work though I know, I take it that everyone in Oregon has to go to another state for scalloped edging Get Neal to massage then kinks out, you have work to do girl , no time for sore muscles
HEY MARTI...
MAYBE SUSAN WILL USE THAT ONE TO Sorry about your scales being broken , honest I am (just kidding)
Well I take my scales are the only working ones today and Cristi's Now what do you think Cristina, are they running in the opposite direction or what
Ok those of you in the 30 lbs challenge your off the hook till next Monday except for SUSAN:

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-24-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #11  
Closed

Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

woo hoo!!! Congrats on the 5 pounds Ellen and Cristi on the 1 I will squeeze in between you two and claim 2 pounds down to 176. Though I weighed Saturday at 174.5 (I swear!), must have been the slurpee or the beer or both or maybe that pizza last night????lol I will do better.
Determined to beat your sorry kitty cat butt Ellen. btw - that was a really cute picture Anyway, now I am motivated!! You can't be the ClipArt Queen and the Weight Loss Queen too.......lol
Welcome Jac and Amy.
I went to the work shop today and sat on my butt. Couldn't stand it. Had a yummy lunch of wild rice, squach and chicken....and a wonderful slice of carrot cake. I HAD to eat it, everyone else was eating theirs......and it was calling me "Susan, Susan.......Ellen already lost more weight....what the heck"......sad but true....now I will aim for next week and lose some more! The hotel also served Starbucks coffee and I had some orange slices.
Better go snuggle Gaby for a bit- chat later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-24-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

ok, I am back. Gabster is filthy and so am I. We have been up forever (5:30) and I just want to snooze. I told Gab she has her bus in the morning and we needed to get a bath tonight.
Her grandmother sent her 3 cds of music, so that was nice. Becky is enjoying her suspension *snicker* little turd. Rach is doing ok - up and down but overall no new crisis.......yet. lol
I guess I don't have much to say. I think my gold fish are going to die. I broke the filter and the water is getting cloudy and the fish are acting weird.

btw- if you get on the scale and it says 100 Marti. You don't get on it again!!! Silly......take the 100 a run. hehe

gotta get a bath for gaby.....
Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #14  
Ginny

Good evening ladies,
Wow, there sure were a lot of posts to catch up on. It was a busy day in here. I weighed in this morning, and was still down there.. . hoping tomorrow will show another drop...I weigh in every day, gives me incentive..... but
Ellen and Christina, congrats on the losses ..every pound counts...

Welcome to Jacque and Amy. Ahhh to be so young again.. will be fun chatting with you gals.

Jules, how's the allergies coming or going. Better I hope.

Marti,, what kind of new scale are you going to get? They have all kinds of them out there.. I have a digital, it shows pounds and ounces

Mindee, hope you aren't without internet too long, we'll be anxious to hear about your new place.

Sue, I love lilacs, dh too out a bunch of white ones a few years ago, I just ordered some new yellow ones.. they looked so pretty in the catalog

Jane, your yard sounds pretty too. We never get a chance to do anything in our yard and flower beds till almost July.. Our neighbor cuts our grass for us once in a while. He is either very nice or embarrassed to have neighbors with such tall grass. He is dh's cousin.. and sometimes I just think he likes riding on his lawnmower.. but it's nice of him to do that. We give him free flowers for his yard so it works out nicely for both of us.

Ellen, your kitty is darling. Just how many do you have?

I opened my shop today, and surprisingly I had a steady flow of people in till about 3 p.m. then it tapered off. They bought things too. The weather is not that warm, but warm enough to get everyone in the mood.

Did everyone else's screens suddenly get very large again?

I forget if it was Amy or Jacque who is an aspiring novelist... but good luck to you. I love to write and always wanted to write a book or two. . in fact I actually have written three. Two are the romance type and one is just a short story about being snowbound with a house full of kids. I am now making notes of events in a certain situation we have in our life at the present time, and plan to write about it in the future.. it is still one of my dreams.. but hey, Whistler's mother didnt' start painting till she was in her 80's or something like that.. so maybe when I retire I'll finally send him my manuscripts and see what happens.

Ok. well, enough said.. I am tired and tomorrow is another day. So hope you all have a good night, catch ya in the morning.

Ginny
PS I rode my bike tonight,, hope I can keep working it in..
Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #15  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone

I didn't realize it had been so long since I have had some computer time.

Jane...I looked all over Animal Kingdom for Katie but I didn't find her anywhere. I was sure hoping to just magically run into her.

Well, I must go and read and catch up on everything and meet the new friends that are here.

Hope you all have a great day.

Jane and Cristi thankyou so much for the cards. It made my day so much brighter when I got them.

Kathy
Closed Thread