Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #1  

Default Do you find your "weightloss regime" effects EvErYtHiNg?

I have discovered my weight loss regimes so much effects how my life operates! When I say weight loss regime I am talking about trying to exercise to some schedule I've flexibley made, drinking water and just following as best I can the food plan I am trying to lose on. When I do these this to an honest degree I feel so great and successful and am gung ho and all else in life----getting housework done, meals made for the family, staying on top of laundry, balancing my job and getting things done in at a steady successful rate, getting places on time, wanting to be on the go, happy, energized.

But if I get to where I am skipping lots to doing no exercise, eating many wrong food choices (ones loaded in sweets/fats/junk) and gorjing myself I fall into a big slump and all else falls by the wayside.

I am sure everyone of us are very busy---it just seems that when you are doing your best to work your plan at 80-100% all else is easier and accomplished. But for me when I don't work my overall plan, I slump and all crashes in. I just got to get somewhat on top of it because things run so much smoother! Good luck to eveyone this week!
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think there's a lot of truth to that, though personally I have found housework goes by the wayside in favor of exercise and food prep... don't know if that's good or bad! Dirty house, but fitter me.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #3  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 278/278/140

I'm only at the very beginning of this journey, but I have noticed that I have had to completely rework my daily schedule. However, for me this has been a very good thing. Now instead of driving home the short way past all the fast food places (where I almost always stopped for something), I drive the long way home by a city park where I walk a mile around a pond there. I've had to start taking time in the morning to pack a good lunch, instead of just eating at the food court at work. And then there is the getting up earlier to exercise.

As you said, all these things do make you feel better. I think we just have to really make sure we don't burn ourselves out because that can lead to making bad choices again. We always need to make sure we find time for ourselves to pamper a little and relax. It's up to us to make this journey fun!
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I find this to be true. I will do great for a week or two and then something pops up and disrupts my schedule, I don't exercise and my routine is gone for a week or two. It's something I'm really trying to work on. I too find that housecleaning goes on the backburner to exercise and the kids. Good thing hubby is so supportive and has picked up much of the slack. I also find if I don't get enough sleep it can through my whole life into a tailspin these days, I'm too tired to exercise or eat right. So i try to get at least 6-8 hours a night.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #5  
Aleecia

I would agree with this.
Although my days are now much longer because I have commited to getting up every morning at 5:00 am to do one of my two work outs a day, I find that in the long run when I eat right and exercise I have more energy. I too have learned not to be so stressed out if some of the house work doesn't get done. This was extremely hard for me, becuase I'm really picky about how my house looks.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #6  
DNR
Determined Woman

I am one of the people who doesn't let my weight loss efforts affect my lifestyle any more than I have to. If it becomes too much of a hassle, then I won't be able to stick to it for the rest of my life. I am an extremely busy person - I work 40 hrs, I clean my own house and do all the domestic chores myself (my husband doesn't pitch in there, except he mows the lawn), I sew for a volunteer organization that makes hand made items for the premature babies in the neonatal intensive care unit at the hospital where I work, I have a degree in Interior Design so I've always got some project in the works, painting, wallpapering, etc., I also love to garden and spent a lot of this weekend doing that. I do my exercising by walking on my lunch hours so that it doesn't take time out of my time at home. I do also get exercise at home on the weekends but I would be doing that anyway. I try to make my lunches at night before I go to bed and it really doesn't take that long, as long as I'm organized enough to have the groceries I need to do that. I am in bed at 10:30 every night and get up at 5:30 so I get my 7 hours of sleep. I think that since I keep myself busy, it's easier for me to keep my attention on my projects, or I'd be in the kitchen stuffing my mouth. I'm not much of a TV watcher except for Sat. nights when I watch design shows on HGTV or Trading Spaces. I also don't have any kids left at home so that definintely helps - although I have a granddaughter who is the apple of my eye.

My weight loss efforts are always on my mind but I try not to let it dictate my life. If I start to feel deprived for any reason, I'll be gaining my weight back and I don't want that to happen. So, I try to stay upbeat and focused and organized and that definintely helps.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=lovemylabs]
I am sure everyone of us are very busy---it just seems that when you are doing your best to work your plan at 80-100% all else is easier and accomplished. But for me when I don't work my overall plan, I slump and all crashes in. QUOTE]

I so understand what you mean by this. I think I am learning that it's got a lot to do with my respect for myself. I've got a habit of all or nothing thinking & when I slip my lack of respect for myself says "hey, you've messed up, you're a failure.". It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But no more!!! I am taking my self-esteem back from the critic!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

Energy begets energy!!
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote