Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/200/135

Height: 5'4

Exclamation Help!!!!!

I need a lot of motavation to lose weight. I am 12 years old and have been told by my doctor that I have high sugar. I have a hard time trying to fit into pretty clothes. I have always had to buy women's or teen clothes as long as I can remember. It would be nice to shop in the girls department before I become a teenager.

My mom has helped me lose 6 pounds over the last couple months, but it has been Really, Really hard for me. I see my skinny friends eating french fries and pizza everyday.....

How do you all stay motavated?

Da' Dolphin
Dolphinditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey there

I remember being your age and having the same feelings!

Just remember, if you start good eating habits NOW, you will have them for life! Yes it seems that all the other girls can eat what they want, but when they are 18 + they will be having a hard time with keeping their weight down AND THEN they will be more likely to head for an eating disorder (Not a healhty thing to do). Where YOU on the other hand will KNOW how to eat healthy, WHAT to eat to keep your weight in check, and YOU WONT NEED TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. You will have already set in stone good eating habits.
Also, get yourself involved in some sort of sport. Anything really. Just try a few things and see what you like. You may not be good at first but once you keep doing it, your talent will come through.

To answer you question about how I stay motivated, well I just keep in my head that I am healthy and I want to stay that way (I have had cancer twice)...Also the benefit of eating healthy, and exercising, is the weightloss,

So deary, it sounds like you have a great Mom who will support you. Use her! Even ask her to be you exercise "buddy" I am sure she would be thrilled (and honoured that you asked) to spend time with you in that way!

Keep you chin up and remember, in 10 years, all those girls eating fries and bugers will be asking YOU for help!!!! just focus on YOU andnot what "they" get to eat.

P.S- if anyone comments on you "not eating the junk" just tell them that you like the healthy stuff more.

Iknow its hard, being 12 to go against what everyone esle is doing, but believe me you will like yourself better if you do!
go get'em!!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Great job on losing the 6 lbs. Everyone here will support you with your journey. I know how hard it is for someone your age. I have a 13 year old daughter who has been trying to lose weight also. She is my walking partner. I fix her the same healthy foods that I fix for myself. Losing weight has helped her self-esteem. Her biggest problem is other kids at school teasing her about the food she eats and taunting her with the junk they eat. The school provides pure crap for food. I always send her meals. Sometimes she will go off the program, but mostly she sticks to it. I congratulate you on learning healthy new eating habits while you are young. Remember this, "the only failure is in quitting" so never give up. Even if you have a bad day, just remember to get back to healthy eating the next day. One day is not what will hurt you physically, but a life-time of wrong food choices will hurt you forever.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #4  
No description available.

Great advice, dolphin! Also, are there any activities you enjoy? Sports or swimming? Martial arts is a great activity also...it will get you moving and in shape and there are lots of people of different levels of ability.

I know it is hard...but if your friends don't change their habits now, that food is going to stick when they hit college. The freshman 15 (or 40!) is real. You will be so ahead of the game!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote