South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 06:56 AM   #1  

Default TGIF! Chat

Mornin' ladies. I'm hoping that this day will turn out a lot better than yesterday. If you didn't see my post from last evening, the short story is that there were layoffs at work yesterday (I still have my job) and then my car broke down. Woof! Can't wait for the weekend to get here. I guess the good news is that last night I didn't fall into the comfort food trap - actually, I just didn't feel like eating at all. But we'll see how today goes.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat!

I'm feeling awful this morning. My allergies have finally gotten the best of me . I just had a hot shower, thinking that would help, and now I'm sipping some hot tea. I hate feeling like this, I'm hardly ever sick, and I don't have time for this. I'm opting out of my workout at Curves this morning, and I have an appt at 9 at the hair salon, so I'm just going to take it easy til then. Right after that I have to pick up the girls and also pick up my GD who only has 1/2 day of school today. I hope the girls will all play together nicely and make it easy on me.
So what's happening in your part of the world today?
Old 04-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hello!

I am glad it is Friday. I have had to be somewhere everyday this week! My girls can sleep in this morning and we can take it a little easier.

I did get to go to the grocery on my own yesterday. Got out of the CPR course earlier than we thought. Still need another store today. I am out of Spenda and Equal. I found one packet of splenda, one of equal and one of sweetnlow this morning and they all went in my coffee. Only one cup this morning!! so good!

I ate no sugar or breads yesterday, just over ate on the nuts a bit. One of these days I'll get it right. I think I'll go to Sams club today nd hopefully they have lots of veggies and I'll do my favorite roasted Vegetables. I bought boxes of SF jello yesterday, need to make some up.

Lisa: What happened when you told them you were quitting? I must have missed that somewhere? Congrats on new job!

Cottage: I'm so sorry about your allergies. We have lots of allergies in our family and I can totally relate. Right now my 5 year old seems to be having it the worst. She has been miserable. She can't touch dogs either and that is worse since the spring season. I got some samples of zyrtec from our pediatrician a day ago and seemed to help her yesterday although I won't be able to buy it. Not covered on insurance. I have found that the generic brand of Claritin is helpful to her also and am going to get some at Sam's Club today. It is non-drowsy and the drug name is Loratadine. (I don't know if I spelled it right but close enough). You might try that. It comes in pill form and lots of stores now have it. (generic claritin)

Last edited by Debbie0522; 04-21-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning kids. I don't feel very well. Allergies are acting up again. I just want to go back to bed.

Jana, sorry to hear about the layoffs at work and then your car. Usually it seems to all happen at once. At least you still have your job, right?

Cottage, I feel your pain. Soon as DH is out of the shower, I'm going to try a nice hot shower and see if that loosens my head up a bit. Everyone at the visitation was a chain smoker, and there were tons of flowers in there last night, so I don't know if that's what the problem is or what. Hope you feel better soon.

Debbie, my boss was nicer to me than he's ever been after I told him I'm leaving. He's been super nice to me all week. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe he thinks by being nice, I might decide to stay? Or, he may be jumping for joy that I'm leaving, you never know.

Well, I'm off to take my nice, hot shower and see if I can get some of the fungo-grunge out of my eyes and open up my nose and throat. Hope you girls have a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 04-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Jana! I did read your post. That is so hard but I'm glad you are still there. Darn car anyhow!

Cottage, Spring allergies are NOT fair! I hope they ease off and you can enjoy the rest of today. Same to you, Weezle. Not fun!

Debbie, not to worry when there are two trheads. Just pick one and post away. When I manage to get in here, I combine under the one that started first.

Well, chickies, I had a rather disappointing visit to the doc yesterday. My blod sugar HA1C is up a wee bit AND my blood pressure is bad! 138/80 is too high for a diabetic so the doc wants me to try some meds. Yick! Of course, it didn't help my BP when I had to get weighed on his accurate scale. My ticker needs to start telling the truth! The good news is that I have excellent cholesterol! I need to get back on a pure Phase II again and cut back on the wine sipping while socializing.

Aside from that shocker, the rest of the day was nice. The Girls went to doggie daycare (which I changed to overnight), my window guys came and did a super job and Barb came. I removed the minimal "winter deposits" and she raked and lugged stuff to the compost mountain. I was pretty pooped by TV time at 8 and fell asleep ten minutes into Air Farce. I crawled up to bed around ten and slept right through with no "Lucy Wants To Pee" call during the wee hours.

I'm off to town to get a haircut, do a WallyWorld shop and check out a few garden centres. I plan to avoid the evil Chinese Buffet and be home for lunch after picking up my darlings. I plan ground chicken taco meat over shredded cabbage.

What's going on around your beach 'brella?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:07 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chickies! Sorry to hear so many are not feeling well. The papaya almond smoothie came out delicious! I added some almond extract to it. Very good! The only drawback is that 2 hours later I was starving. I'd recommend a hard boiled egg or some cheese or something to go with it. This morning is mock oatmeal with some TVP added to it.

Yesterday I decided I didn't get enough retail therapy. I intended just to return somethings I changed my mind on and was happy that I got back $80...until I stopped at Target for cat litter. I browsed the clothes and found the cutest black dress for $17..and it was a large...the XL was too big !! I'm sure that was a fluke but who cares...I'll take it. I also stopped by their shoe dept and saw the cutest pair of white and tan kitten heel slides. For $22..so I got them and another pair of flip-flops. Target has some really cute things for cheap.

Well, Igotta get ready for yet another day of seminar's and meetings and then finalizing my students grades. Sorry no time to respond to everyone. have a great day chickies. I'll pop back in later!

Old 04-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #7  

I'm on my 4th mug of tea and still feeling awful. I'd love to just crawl back into bed, but in the real world that just isn't possible. I'm thinking about just bringing the little ones back here to my house for the day. We have a park with a nice playground within walking distance, and they can play on the swingset in our backyard, too. I just had some cereal with yogurt, and now my tummy feels all crampy, too. Ugh!

Jana ~ Sorry to hear about all the layoffs, thank goodness you still have your job. That must have been really sad to have to watch your co-workers pack up, yet feeling a sense of relief that you still have yours. Is there a chance they may be called back later? Good luck with your car, too!

Debbie ~ If tried just about every medication there is for allergies, they work for a time, then I guess I become immune to them. Right now I'm taking Tylenol Severe Allergy. If this keeps up much longer, I'm going to see about getting shots.

Weezle ~ Misery loves company, so they say! It's such a shame that we have to suffer when the weather is so beautiful. Hope you're feeling better soon, too.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:15 AM   #8  

Morning Ruth and Pearsy!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all.
IT'S doing real good after his transformation. LOL.
Today I think I am going to go and buy me a Dyson vacuum cleaner. Have been investigating them for awhile now. Does anyone here have one and what do you think of them?
Well, off to eat breakfast to take meds and shower and go shopping.
Catch y'all later.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #10  

AAAAAaaaaCHOOOOO~!! Dang allergies!!! DH never had them till bout 5 years ago.. he has been miserable all week... and today I feel em!

Pearsy: That dress paired with little kitten heels sounds darling..

Ruth: I'm sorry to hear bout your BP and sugar count .. I'm sure you will get it back under control .

Jana: Layoffs commin outta the blue are the worst! I'm glad you still have your job. Hopefully it's somethin minor with yer car..

Wezzie:
Are you gonna take a few days off before starting your new job

Cottage Are you getting cut and color? A new style??? You reminded me that I gotta make an appt -- Man all of a sudden my hair is goin Gray and when you have naturally dark brown hair that grey really shows!!

debbie: You did great yesterday! yum on them roasted veggies! I'm doing cola chicken tonight

Today is washin and waxin the kayaks! Gotta get em ready fer the season! I can't wait to get out on the water ! DH has this weekend off so we're gonna do some sightseeing. ....
Old 04-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

morning everyone.
jana, at least you still have your job layoffs can be a huge bummer... and going without a car stinks. i havne't had mine for 3 years now been riding the city bus (and my city bus system stinks).
at least you're getting your bp down ruth. working on mine w/my doc. and gj on your cholestorel
everyone with allergies get water meds and lots of h2o.
hope everyone else is having a super day.
i have my regional poster competition today for my undergraduate research this semester...cash awards for the best posters and presentations and my grade is based on it so i'm so nervous...

later everyone and have a great day
Old 04-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #12  

Good Morning Chickies -

Well, after a nearly 2 month hiatus, I'm back. Work just got so busy, I didn't have time for any non-work related work during they day. Then I kinda went off program for a while. But I'm ready to re-focus. I think it will help that starting 5/1 DBF (who has moved in since my last post) is quitting Atkins (woohoo!) and starting SBD. I'm going to do a mini-restart (just 2 or 3 days) with him.

I will also being trying to get back to the gym, which I'm starting on Monday. Hopefully the weigh-in won't be too disappointing. I don't feel like I've gained anything the past 6 weeks...but I don't feel like I've lost any either. We'll see.

Other than that, things are going well. The weather is has been great latley. And I hope to start walking around the lakefront soon. Work is crazy busy still, but there is an end in sight. I'm leaving Chicago in Oct. and DBF and I are moving to CO. Don't get me wrong, I love Chicago, but it's time for a change. We are going for a visit at the end of May, and I can't wait.

To everyone having allergy issues: I developed mild allergies when I moved to the city and they are not fun. Hang in there.

Hello to everyone else and have a good weekend

Last edited by annarenee; 04-21-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning Ladies!

The sun is shining versus the 8 inches of snow we had on Monday....today is beautiful. I'm going for a facial at 11:00 then I'm going to go for a run. I'm a solar powered girl and my batteries are runnin' low....it's time to recharge!

Sorry for the allergy sufferers. If it's bad enough and you don't do it often kenalog can be a blessing. I need one about every 5 years or so, my friend has them yearly or she's nonfunctioning.

Ruth, hope the dogs love doggie day care. How are the flowers coming? HA1C is a real honest test, you need to listen to the doc and do what he says! hugs!

annarena, my dh is in Chicago right now, say hi to him for me k? He gets home tomorrow........thank goodness.

lotus, good luck on the poster and the $$$$

Schatz, darling you hop in those kyacks and head on over. We've got the Salmon River just an hour away and from what I understand it's wicked.....devil's gate that sort of stuff!

chipper, let me know about the dyson, I've been wanting one.

cottage, if I were there I would take care of the little ones and let you crawl off the real world for awhile....hugs

pearshape, next time you go shopping call, I need some shopping help. My problem is that I hate it. I need an addict like you to head me in the "wrong" direction so I can be addicted too.

weezle, uh, good luck with the frungo grunge..........eeks

debbie, you sound way busy. Enjoy the day today!

jana, NOT falling into the comfort food trap is HUGE! You rock!!!!

Well, I need to vacuum before I head to the spa. After the week I've had I'm ready to be pampered. Hopefully, I'll look 10 years younger when I'm done

Hugs to all! Seriously....give yourselves a hug! It will make you smile~!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #14  
South Beach Life Style

Well "Aunt Margaret "has arrived for her monthly visit, and I feel like ****!, Got some bad news last night , By friend and Ex Administrator from the Regional Jail, Came home yesterday to find his Wife dead, she was 43 . I have known them 10 yrs or so.. SAD,,,, Not sure the cause yet, just such a shocker, she was a Xray Tech, I think that was her title.. She was a very good girl... Well between PMS and the Death, Not much in a good mood at all,, Take Care All
Old 04-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #15  

MsCrockett - How horrible! I'm so sorry to hear about her death.

Jana - My company has done many layoffs through the years. It never gets easier. Hope your friend made it through and was able to give you a ride.

To all those with allergies, Brian and I have to take Allegra every day to control our allergies. I also use Flonase daily and he uses Astelin when his allergies get bad. We've tried all the other products and they all stopped working eventually. Allegra is expensive but we do mail order which helps.

Last night I donated blood. My BP was 124/82 so I suspect my DR will put me back on BP meds when I see her next unless I can get it back down. I need to work on regular cardio. That seems to help.

This morning Brian woke early with his ear hurting him. So I took him to Primacare instead of school and sure enough, he has a middle ear infection. So I got him antibiotics and took him to school. He was already feeling better by the time he had breakfast and he wasn't feverish so hopefully he will be fine. We leave for the campground after he gets out of school. I am just so glad he had it happen this morning so he could get on the meds before the infection got bad. It would have been difficult if he had gotten sick when we were in the middle of nowhere in east Texas. And his antibiotic doesn't have to be refridgerated which is good too! The rain is done and we are scheduled to have a beautiful weekend. Now if I can just get all the food in the ice chest! My DH complains because fresh healthy food takes more room in the ice chest than unhealthy canned stuff and dehydrated. Tough!
Closed Thread