Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

Default anyone else....

just not able to really feel good about their day without exercising?

last week i didn't exercise ONCE - and i ate JUNK and i used the excuse that i was sick (which i was)...and i HATED it at the end of the week. seriously. i remember about 3 years ago, when i was exercising 4 times a week how much i LOVED it - but then i moved to a new city, lost my motivation (although i maintained my weight loss for a while til i gained 20 back - and i've since lost 10 of that 20)...and i just couldn't get back into it.

but, lately...i don't know WHAT's come over me - but all of a sudden, again - i'd say about a month ago (beginning of march) - i started going to the gym again 3 times a week - and now, this week, after NOT exercising at all last week - i've gone monday, tuesday, wednesday, AND today!!!

seriously - it's almost as if i CAN'T end the day withOUT exercising!!! i'm LOVING this and i just hope i DON'T get burnt out again.

btw, i mix it up too. this week HAS been just the gym - but i have my bike, and my blades, and i live close to a really good path...and next week (or the week after, depends on $$) i'm starting tae kwan do!

i'm just wondering if anyone else feels "addicted" to exercise?
Ultimategurrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

I sure found that out today! Since I walk during my lunch hour and we had a birthday lunch, I only got in my two ten minute breaks of walking. Wow I could not believe how much my body missed the strenuous long walk mid-day!! I love it too and sure hope it lasts
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #3  

Yes, I don't like to miss my exercise, it is a part of my day. I am even putting off a operation for a while because I know I won't be able to exercise for 6 weeks afterwards. I really love walking outdoors and do various other exercise like swimming, aerobics, biking, stability ball and a bit of yoga. The only one I don't really care for but know I need to keep on doing is weights. I try and do weights twice a week but lately have been slacking. Otherwise I love my exercise. Who would of thought a former couch potato like me would ever say that lol.
Keya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I definetly miss my workouts if I cant get one in. Not only do I miss them, I find myself kinda cranky too. I think doing some hard workouts keep my stress/anxiety in check and missing just 1 day really throws my system off. What a great thing to be addicted to-exercise!!!!

Keya-CONGRATS on meeting your goal! You're such an inspiration!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

I know what you mean, Brandy! Yesterday we had a birthday lunch so I didn't get in my hard walk at noon... I was a total slug all afternoon LOL and kept wanting to get out there and walk! Wow what a neat feeling!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote