WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 11:04 PM   #1  

Question Help!!

Help!! I re-joined WW last week and went for first WI today and only lost .4 pounds!!! YIKES!!! I have been a member before about 3 years ago and lost 60 pounds, but have since put 20 back on. I thought I did so well this week, staying at my mininum, banking points for the weekend and then I didn't even need them. I just knew it was going to be a HUGE loss!!! Any ideas??? Any suggestions??? I was really discouraged at first, but had a lot of running to do after meeting, so I didn't go and binge out on anything! Yeah for that! HA!

I am usually just a lurker, but from that I know I have come to the right place for help. Thanking you in advance for your replies.

LJ
Old 08-07-2001, 09:48 AM   #2  
imaleader

Default Slow Loss... hang in there.

Hi there. This may not be an answer you want to hear: but sometimes, our weight loss deceives us and the first week we don't see it just melt off. It has a lot to do with how and what you ate (more protein or carbs, did you get in the milks); what the temperature/humidity is where you live (yes); where are you in your cycle (pms or not, if you are on HRT or not); your age, how much you have to lose, did you drink the water.

Be patient. As a leader I have seen women be on program for 2 or 3 weeks before losing even two tenths, and then lose 3 or 4 pounds... Don't panic. Just keep up the good work, stay focused, and you'll be fine. Our bodies have very interesting ways of telling us they are in favor of what we are doing to it or not... Yours might be saying, "Yo, hold on. I'm not quite ready to part with this fluff yet." Your perseverence will convince it to lose weight.

Old 08-08-2001, 01:21 PM   #3  

Dear LJ

Imaleader has really hit it on the head. Remember it's only your first week! My body really fought me when I went back to the WW program and continued the fight throughout my weight loss. Lots of plateaus sometimes for weeks! It took 8-9 months, but I did lose it (30 lbs). A year ago after being at goal for 2 1/2 yrs, I started to get lazy and greedy with food and put back 14 lbs over my dream weight - when I finally had had enough... it took me two months to really get with the program and start losing. Two 1/2 months later I've lost 7.5. I need to remind myself it took a good 6 months to put in on, why should it take less to take it off?

Key for me is writing everything... and I mean every bite, lick and taste down regarding points. There are Threads (check out Lifetime/Maintence) where you can track your daily and weekly intake and get great insight. Remember you are not alone
Patch
Old 08-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #4  

Default Just my 2 cents.........

One thing I noticed about your post is that you said that you ate at your minimum points. I know you were banking for the weekend but when you didn't use them, you should have tried to eat a little something extra.

Believe it or not, we have to EAT to lose weight!! It's very hard to do, but there are times, when I'll be in the same situation, having banked say, 5 points for the weekend. If I don't use them, I'll have a special dessert or something even if it's the night before weigh in. (As long as it's not too salty!!)

Another case in point........A friend of mine lost 60 lbs and was 5 away from goal. She stayed the same for a few weeks in a row and her leader told her to bring in her journal. When the leader looked at it, she told her she was not eating enough. She was always eating at her minimum point range. The leader suggested for one week to eat at the highest point range and guess what..........she lost the 5 lbs. in one week!! I'm not kidding. She now is a lifetime member for about 6 months and still maintaining!!

Just my 2 cents!!
Closed Thread