General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Default When did you start noticing

My scale says I've lost weight. My waist measurements say it too. But I just don't notice anything different.
I'm sure this has been discussed before, and I'm sorry for any repetition.

But when did you start noticing your losses? I'm down 14 pounds, and I don't notice anything. So either I was wearing my clothes way to tight, or it's disappearing out of my brain, just not sure!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:25 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Sherry--you are too cute. I actually don't remember this coming up--maybe before my time. I have no doubt with 14 lbs it noticeable--just maybe not to you. Are your clothes looser? What about DH--what does he say. Mine swears he can tell and he can tell me exactly where. I can say, for me, it has been proportional enough that I really can't see it either because no one area is dramatic. I can tell it in my clothes--big time. Also, again for me--the 10 lbs=a dress size is wrong. I am down easily 1 but pushing on the 2. I have realized I must have been really pushing some of my clothes for tightness because some are not as loose as others! A lot of my shirts that I obviously looked hideous in (in hindsight!) now fit great.

Not sure if this helps but I know we are always the most critical of ourselves but I also know that 14 lbs is a lot! Try on something smaller just for fun or take a new photo and compare. My center recently showed me my photo from the day I joined and I was stunned--I thought I was looking pretty good that day, too!

Have a super day--great new thread--we need to consider this and praise ourselves for our hard work.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:29 AM   #3  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

You may have been wearing clothes that were too tight like you said. For me, I still have a hard time at almost 40 lbs. I think our eyes can't see our bodies accurately sometimes. Ask the DH, though. Mine could tell after 10-15 lbs that my angel wings (back fat) had disappeared...that really made me feel good because it not only looks bad, it causes discomfort when you sit in a chair with a back on it.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Dairy--it's funny you mention that. I have noticed that hard chairs are more uncomfortable and I guess it's because we are losing some of our natual cushions!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Take it from me, it is easy to look at yourself and not see a difference. I have a history of eating disorder and when I look at myself I see fat and ugly no matter how small I am. I am working and have been working on a realistic body image, but I still don't see what other people see. I can tell that my clothes fit better. With LAWL, I see the loss around my middle and my upper thighs so I think even though my clothes still fit, I look better in them b/c I don't have any love handles poking over my jeans or rolls under my shirt. ALso could be that you were wearing your clothes too tight. Hang in there...you will eventually see it too.
Stephanie
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #6  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

I am down 25 pounds and still wearing the same clothes - although they are looser. But, I wear elastic waist pants and T shirts. Exclusively. I have some smaller clothes in my closet, but the ones I was wearing when I started still fit, so I haven't drug out the smaller ones yet. I noticed for the 1st time that my waist was smaller, in the mirror yesterday. I spent about 10 minutes turning from side to side, posing like a model, in my undies! If DH had come home for some reason, he would have thought I was nuts!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #7  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

lori, I have some elastic pants that I wore 10 mos pregnant (yes, I was 10 1/3 mos pregnant) so you CANNOT judge by that. Elastic pants will stretch out 4 or 5 inches, and each clothing size is about an inch, right? Anyway, I weigh a LOT less than I did pregnant (76 lbs) and most of my pg weight was in the middle and I am just now finding those elastic pants too saggy to actually wear in public.

I'm all excited because you can see a tiny triangle of light between my thighs when I stand shoulder's width apart in my undies. Ooohh...skinny!

Boosmom-I HATE going to Eli's music class b/c it is in a dance studio and we are always sitting and doing floor activities on this hard concrete type floor and my taily bone hasn't got enough padding now!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  

Height: 5'0"

Sherry ~ I have lost almost 23lbs now, I didn't start noticing the change until about 3lbs ago. Since then all my jeans are falling off my butt and I've been able to wear things in my closet that I couldn't fit into this time last year! So I didn't need to buy more summer clothes this year (woohoo).
wp95jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #9  
on LAWL

Ok-Lori--the visual was too cute--wish DH would have showed up--or you may have been in trouble!! LOL. "goosed" as Mary once said!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #10  
on LAWL

I like the strech Levis but they are deceiving because they fit when I was a tight 14 and still fit (just better) as a loose 12--good for the budget though. Basically 3 sizes in 1.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #11  
Princess Heather

Ok..here is what I recommend...look at an old picture of yourself before you started losing...and then if you have digital camera take a pic of yourself now and compare. I don't see much change when looking in the mirror but in comparing the pics I do notice a change.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #12  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Dairy - you're too funny, triangle of light!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

It is the pictures that really tell the story to me, also looking at my clothes. I have gone from a 20 to a 10 so far. I pull my jeans out of the dryer and think, "Whose pants are these?" Then I realize, THEY ARE MINE!!!! Same with my new bras, I have gone from a 40 B to a 34 B, and I can't figure out whose training bras I keep finding in the laundry. When I started, my COD took a polaroid of me. When I hit the 1/2 point they took another one. The manager asked me to sit down and look at them with her, and I could not believe what I saw. I sat there and cried. Now I am really looking forward to seeing the end. I saved the size 20 capris that I went to that first appointment in. I want have one of those side shots where you hold the huge pants way out, you know.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Thanks for the input Everybody!
DH isn't home, so I will have to ask him at midnight tonite. he will look at me like I've lost my mind or something, probably afraid to answer in case he says the wrong thing! LOL
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #15  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I started at 228 lbs and when I lost my first 15 lbs I was saying the same thing to the center, as I surely wasn't seeing it. For me it was when I finally got down to the 200 lb mark that I was really seeing a difference and people were noticing. I do notice even my wrists are smaller so the weight is coming off from everywhere, just some places faster then others. I agree try on some smaller clothes and see how they fit. I'm buying large tops and I used to wear a 1x. I've only gone down one pants size from an 18 to a 16, but the weight and inches are finally showing a difference.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote