Old 04-20-2006, 01:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Miracles and sponsorship

I learned something new at church tonight. Miracles only happen when I step out of my comfort zone. I have to take the leap into something that is difficult or scary and let God help me before I will see his miraculous grace in action. If I just sit in my comfort zone, never taking a risk, never giving Him the opportunity to help me, I won't see Him working--I won't see miracles.

I wanna see miracles. I've been putting off being a sponsor because I believed that I wasn't ready, I didn't know enough, I didn't want to do it wrong. I used the excuse that I need to complete my 4th step before I would be ready to sponsor someone.

It's not about me. It's about God helping somebody through me. I forgot that I need His help, guidance, will, and strength to be a sponsor just like I need Him in every other area of my life. So, I'm putting it in His hands, I'm leaping out into the unknown, and I'm trusting that He will put words in my mouth and open my heart to others.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #2  

Thumbs up Seeing Your Miracles

Marny: You had an epiphany. You are experiencing miracles! How wonderful. You sound just like a person who should be a sponsor. Good luck with sponsoring and your program. I just joined 3FC and I'm an old OA'er at that. It feels good to be home again. I love OA and the Big Book! {{{{{{{{Marny}}}}}}}
CarolG
CarolG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #3  

Thanks Carol! :-)

Today at church I learned something else powerful. I learned that no matter what I do or how much of a mess I make of my life, God's opinion of me doesn't change. He put me here, he knows what I'll be as a finished product. Whether I do great things or terrible things, His love is unconditional. If I put up barriers between Him and me, He doesn't get angry or disgusted. Instead He longs for my return. This is good to remember when when I'm feeling unworthy of His grace, love, or help. God meets and loves us right where we are.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  

This is so powerful Marny! Thank you for sharing!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #5  

Water, I'm so happy to be able to share.

At my meeting tonight I had my first person ask me to be their sponsor. :-) It was pretty cool.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:31 AM   #6  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Marny,
What an honor!! Are you accepting the invitation?? I think that could possibly help you to grow even more!!
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #7  

Yes, it is an honor. Yes, I accepted the invitation. But, it's a matter of them being willing to call me. So, if they do--that's awesome! If they don't --it wasn't the right time. :-)
Old 05-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #8  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I think I would have a tough time calling my sponsor! I would be a bit self conscious about it... so perhaps it's not time for a sponsor just yet!

I'm a little nervous about going to this meeting today...because last week they tried to make me read and I'm a pretty shy person and find it easier to do what I don't want to do than make a "scene" by rejecting the proposal. (Yes, stupid I know...)
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #9  

It's okay to just say "pass". :-)