Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Intro and in need of support

Hello,
I've been a member for few months but haven't posted until now.I am a 33 year old Southern Woman who was raised on good ol Southern home cooking which resulted in a weight problem from the age of 4-5.I haven't been on many diets except a 1500 ADA Diet(for which I lost 80-100 or so pounds),yucky tasting powder/liquid Drinks as a Child forced upon me by Family that singled me out as the only"fat"individual in the Family then Xenical for a few months several years ago until it ate a hole in my pocket book.I think one reason I never gave diets a go is constantly being pushed/prodded/demanded/forced by Family to lose.I know that may seem silly but I'm the type of Person that does the exact opposite of what I'm forced/demanded to do.Last time I stepped on a scale I weighed 401.Am 5'7 1/2-5'8 and big boned.My problem is not junk Food it is portions and not enough physical activity.I have Candida from Antibiotic usage therefore I can't eat anything I want and I'm also a housebound Agoraphobic which limits my activity.Walking outside at the moment is an impossible task so am looking for exercise(s)for trimming,firming,toning and shaping up the upper Arms,upper Legs,Abs and lower Abdomen.I know walking is one of the best exercises there are but I need extra help.I'm happy I found this website it looks like an alright place!

Thank you,
Butter_Butt
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #2  

Hello Southern Sister.. honey, you just come on over and sit by me. I'm so glad you decided to post to the list. I hope you will find all kinds of wonderful support and ideas here. As for exercise, I have heard some of the walk away the pounds tapes are good. They are like walking but in front of your tv
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #3  
Woman on mission!

Hi Beth,
Thanks for the wonderful welcome.Would you care for a glass of Decaf Iced Tea with Stevia we can sip while chit chatting? This place looks great and I'm so thrilled I happened across it.Thank you for telling me about the walk away the pounds tapes.Do you know if Denise Austin or other Fitness guru's puts them out?

Thanks so much!
Butter Butt
Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome!! Coming here is a great first step! You might just try small efforts at first. Trust me, it's a looong road, so it can be really overwhelming to try to tackle everything at once. Try working on your portions first, then layer on the exercise and what you're eating. Small positive changes can make big differences!!

Good luck and post often. It helps!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #5  
Woman on mission!

Thanks so much for the positives and warm friendly welcome.When I lost weight on the 1500 Calorie ADA I was in 5th grade(lots younger),more active and didn't have as much to lose.Way back then what I did when I started was I stopped eating Breakfast for awhile(I know that may sound like a bad idea but I wanted to give myself a head start).As my Stomach started shrinking I felt full so I pushed back my plate and the weight came off instantly.I started the diet in April by October I didn't look like the same Person!I ate 3 square Meals per day with no snacks inbetween.Right now am cutting down portions and trying best I can to be as active as possible.I also drink Water and if/when I feel hungry I reach for a glass,drink Decaf Herbal Tea or chew Sugarless Gum instead of eat and I'm also looking for exercise routines and equipment..
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #6  

it's Leslie Sansone, and I bet you could get the tapes from half.com or used on amazon

This is the main : http://www.walkawaythepounds.com/homepage.asp but I don't know if it will survive the link eater

Cheers!
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:47 AM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!

The Walk Away The Pounds tapes are a great place to start. The other thing I started with was plain marching in front of the TV. I would have loved to take a water aerobics class, but there are none convenient for me nearby.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Have you done any reading about eating yogurt to restore the natural floral in your system? It must be well grounded in science because our Doc's recommend it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #9  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes you just have to start simple. Change one thing this week. Start with something basic like drinking your eight glasses of water or portion control or changing from 2 or 3 big meals to 5 or 6 small ones. Then, in a week or two, change one other thing, and so on.

For my indoor exercising I have gotten very into stretching (or yoga). I haven't tried any but I'm sure you could find a good yoga video. The stretching makes me feel good, aware of my body and what it's capable of, and gets me up and moving so that I'm more inclined to go on and do harder exercise, like the elliptical or weights.

Good luck and come talk to us any time!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote