Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Chit Chat & Weight Loss #180

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #2  
Closed

Well Mrs Cristi I walked all the way over here all excited to see what you had to say today and not a thing hmmh

Last edited by Tea Rose; 04-19-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies

Today was Wally World Wednesday! I actually got in and out of that place in record time! Then had to run to Penneys to take back some capri's that look like pj's! I swear to you they looked kind of like flannel. Can't remember what it said in the catalog as far as the type of fabric but eeewww! So, took them back and went looking for some type of something to exercise in and some white capri's. Anyway...I am going to have to check in more than once a day! You ladies are definitely keeping me on my toes with all the posts! I can't keep up!

ANGIE...so how are you liking your Sante FE? I am lovin' mine! At first I didn't like the smallness of it, even though I wanted something smaller than the mini-van. But now, I don't see me driving anything else for a while. It's grown on me. V hates riding in it because he is so tall and has a hard time getting out of it. Anyway, so ya...you can steal the heart tattoo since I am basically stealing it from someone, lol. I really like it! I so love watching Miami Ink, when I remember it's on. There's another one too, can't remember the name of it, but they are in Vegas...I watch that one too.

ELLEN...okay, were you kidding about the chip tattoo? I guess I missed that one...will have to go back and see what you said. And geez louise woman...I can see why you were too pooped to post! You did a lot yesterday. I bet your house is looking so pretty though, and I can't wait to see pictures when you are done.

And speaking of houses...JANE...your house is so nice! You did a great job decorating too! Can't wait to see the outsied next.

MICHELLE...WTGon getting the WATP done! I can't tell ya how many times I do that...not want to walk or exercise and then just do it and feel so much better afterwards. So good for you for getting it done!

MARTI...I was trying to find a tattoo that had some kind of meaning this time, instead of getting one just for the sake of getting one. You'll have to share pictures of yours. I can't remember what all you have or where they are. Did you get your time in on the gazelle?

MINDEE...Wow, Logan is a big boy! Growing like weeds they are. I didn't realize you guys were moving so soon. Make sure and send (pm or e-mail) me your new address, please and thank you.

SUSAN...at least you got a start on the show looking. Hey, you'll get back in the hang of it all. You've done it before and did an awesome job and I know you will do it again. And how the heck do you drink so much water?! I am doing good getting the 4 bottles down, I couldn't imagine drinking 80 oz. I would just have to sit on the potty all day, lol! Hey, I got as far as buying and reading the BFL book. Thought it was something I would do but decided it wasn't, lol.

JULES...I'm hoping I love going to It Figures. I'm sure I will once I get the hang of everything. Question: How often do you go to Slim-n-Tone? Everything I have ever read/saw says you shoudl skip a day in between so your muscles can rest but some of the ladies up there go everyday that it is open, which is M-Sat. Seems like too much to me. Anyway, was just wondering. I like your definitions for BFL, lol! Speaking of Susan Powter...I saw her on something about a week ago. I don't know what it was. I was switching stations and for some reason I'm thinking it was a reality show on VH1. I had to stop for just a minute to see who she was 'cause I thought she looked familiar. Haven't seen or heard anything about her in years until then.

Hi to everyone else

Well, Josh should be in California by now. At least he's a little closer. They were leaving this morning and he called last night. So good talking with him. I think he is going to be too busy so he just said I will see ya in a month. I told him I hope so because I will be at the airport to pick him up. He said you better have some flowers and a sign and all kinds of stuff, lol. I'm actually going to have the yard done. There's a place called Signs By the Yard and they put things like pink flamingos, smiley faces, hearts, dinosaurs, cows, a lot of different things, in the yard with a sign with a message on it. For BD's, anniversaries, etc. So that's what will greet him when he comes home, a belated BD & welcome home message, I'm thinking with smiley faces. They put it up in the yard for 2 days. Anyway...I need to get going ladies. Need to runa nd get some gas for the lawnmower. V is mowing when he gets home and then we have a showing at 5:30 so I need to get some cleaning done. Glad there's not much to do.

Take care and have a great day everyone!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:25 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Hiya Ms Ellen!

I'm here, just busy playing catchup and writing/typing a novel! So read away Missy! I will be back later!

Hope you are having a grand day!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Can you believe Jane moved and unpacked already Cristi? Those pictures are amazing, what a beautiful home
I finished my lunch. I am full . Full is good, good is full. I ate a whole bag of veggies but it is only 150 calorie, so what the heck.
I think I will buy myself an air popcorn maker. I use to have one and I would sprinkle garlic salt on it. It was yummy. I ate all I wanted. "All I want" is a good thing- lol
Dang, I have done this before haven't I Cristi?? WTH.......I lost before because I wanted a change in my life. I lost before because I wanted to get out of my mothers house, I think I wanted a man. I lost again because I wanted out of the marriage and I wanted a man...lol
Now there is nowhere I want to go and I don't want a man....lol ....I figure I have lost 300 pounds in my lifetime a measly 30 pounds is a stroll in the park. I can do this, I can , I can.......
blah.....
My old boss is looking for a Sec. I was thinking of applying. It would mean less money (5 less an hour) and less stress.....and I like working with him. I would have to get another job though to earn the $$$ I would lose.
One thought is I have gained because of the stress and my self esteem has taken a beating. I am really shy and quiet. I know, hard to believe but I am. Not exactly the personality that goes with a site manager of a 300 unit building. Working with a control freak doesn't help, I always have to be on my toes with him. Just miserable in the job. *sigh.....

better get....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-19-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #6  
Closed

HI
CRISTI....Missed you again, oh well I picked you some flowers. I wasn't kidding about the chip tattoo, now why would you think that I wanted to have a chip tattoo on my shoulder, so when people asked whats that on your shoulder I could say a chip get it that was in my hurt anger stage of life but I am better now I was up at 7 I have put another coat of polyurethane on the counter tops , gave my kitchen table a fresh coat of paint, stencilled some polka dots on the sides in yellow, put the kitty out in his little blue harness and lead in the yard , brought the crying kitty back in , put the whiny kitty back out sheesh I am indeed having a wonderful day, I really am its a beautiful day. b back during my break

HI SUSAN...
Fine don't say hi to me, REPEAT AFTER ME, WE ARE LOSING WEIGHT FOR OURSELVES, NO ONE ELSE who is more important than us. I think its funny that you said you are shy and quiet, because so am I , I was thinking last night if I got in a room with all you girls I probably wouldn't know what to say This is like having an alter ego, I am so much better than I was before, being able to talk here has helped me a lot. Now remember what I said , this is for you no one else, remember the reasons why you keep gaining it back, because you lost it for someone or something else
Old 04-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Ginny - for the record, my DS is getting married in July. They still haven't made any plans, and I think they're going to the courthouse for the ceremony, then have a reception. If I were Gina, his fiancé, I'd be going crazy with the indicision. But then again, I'm anal, lol. I'll be visiting our local nursery soon to buy some things to landscape our yard. The concrete porch should be added soon, so I have to wait for that.

Cristina - YAY for you joining It Figures. That's a cute, catchy name. I think it's cool that you're having the yard decorated for Josh's homecoming. That's a good business idea! We don't have anything like that around here.

Marti - yes, Mary loves my new house, but she ain't gettin' it, lol.

Michelle - no thyroid problem here. YAY for you walking the 2 miles with weights. You're doing great!

Ellen - yikes, you were one busy lady yesterday! Did you get the paint and polyurethane washed out of your hair, or do you like it better that way, lol.

Mindee - hope you make it back before the move. Speaking as someone who just went through that, I don't envy you. But I betcha I have lots more "stuff" accumulated through the years than you do. Anyway, I hope you have lots of help with the kiddos while you're moving.

Angie - 3 weeks from today is when we see Katie! I'm getting so excited!! She hasn't seen the house decorated at all. She wanted it to be a surprise, so I haven't even shared photos with her. I saw her best friend in town and she said she'd have to stop by to see the house, and I told her no, because I want Katie to see it before any of her friends do. But she's welcome the very day Katie gets home, and I invited her to stay in the guest room for awhile.

Jules - Johnny Depp was at WDW promoting the Pirates ride, but Katie didn't get to see him. How can your DD marry him if he's gonna marry Katie, lol?

Susan - when I was losing weight (notice the past tense) I planned my food the day before. That was so helpful in staying OP. Now I do plan our dinner menus, but the rest of the day is a crap shoot.

The phone company guy still hasn't freaking shown up!!!!!! He was supposed to be here Monday. I called the company on my cellie and griped about it, and the rep said they should be here sometime tomorrow, and said I'll get a $25 coupon towards my bill.

The satellite guy made it though, so at least we have TV now.

I am going to an ortho (bone) doc tomorrow for my knee. Not sure if I mentioned what happened to it with the trundle bed in WDW, but it hasn't been right ever since.

Gotta run.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #8  
Ginny

Good afternoon ladies,
Sheesh I don't post for one lousy day and you guys fill up 3 screens or whatever you call it.. so much to read.. but I love it...it is actually a way for me to destress after work. And I have to make arrangements for my doggie and I am so sad about that.. but he is failing so fast... he is my last puppy and I hate to have him go..so this is going to be a very heartbreaking weekend but Saturday is my 34th wedding anniversary, so hopefully dh will take me out. I've mentioned it enough times this past couple weeks he better do something sweet. Or it's back to the guest room with him.... just kidding.

I didn't take notes so I am not going to do individuals right now because I would probably get them mixed up again. But Jane, I am a little envious of the others, they have seen pictures of your new house but I have not been so priviledged. I would love to see them too. Also, if you have no phone yet and the satelitte guy just got there how do you get on line to post?

Ellen, you find the neatest pictures for your clipart and I don't believe you are shy and quiet, you are quite witty and appear to be very outgoing. I know this place can make you seem like a totally different person, but deep down, this is the real you.

It's been very nice here weather wise, warm and sunny, but of course I open the shop on Monday so next week they are calling for it to be in the 50's only. Never fails.

I remember Susan Powter or whatever, does she still have her hair so short, she always looked bald to me..

So what are these new places you gals are talking about like Curves? I went to Curves for 8 months straight, 3 times a week, like I said before I lost inches and weight in the first 6 wks then I stayed there all the rest of the time.. even when I went an extra day sometimes.. It was fun in the beginning but the lady who owned it at the time didn't really know a thing about nutrition and she was telling people stuff I knew wasn't right. She since has sold it to one of her workers. I was invited to join again but I don't think so.
I really don't think it did me any good. I didn't feel anything after using the machines no matter how hard I worked them. We had a Belly busters open up it was same type of thing only for men.. it only lasted about 6 months and had to close. Men didn't like it. I like riding my bike, just wish something would show pretty soon. I do think my body is beginning to change a little but it sure is being slow about it.

I have to go. I'll check in later.

Ginny
Old 04-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Hi Ellen!!!!!
I agree. I guess I was in thought this morning that I was always losing for something (sex) or someone (man) . Now I want neither and I am at a total loss. I am joking.
Lets celebrate me! Lets celebrate the 40's! Lets treat ourselves with TLC!!
Honestly, though Ellen. I think maintaining is harder. I think I am ok one on one but in a room I freeze. Thinking counseling would help me a lot. I think I have a lot of anger and hurt. There was a saying in a mag that Drew Barrymoore (sp) said something like "I don't regret anything, I am just past it now".....I would love to be past the hurt.
You haven't gained some back Jane? I thought you had some? WW has a deal now to join. Did you buy their food when you were losing? Also how long did it take for you to lose the 80 some pounds? I did buy lunch for the next 3 days. I was thinking of Atkins shake and fruit for breakfast......haven't thought of dinner.........*sigh*......I am getting there! better get.....
Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Jane--DD has that very same poster on her bedroom wall--maybe they could share Johnny.......I am sure that his current wife and mother of his children won't mind two more cute young girls hanging around with them...tee.hee.hee
I am supposed to go get another MRI before going to an initial visit to the ortho doc for the crunchies in my knees due to the accident two years ago. I told DH I want to put it off until late fall so if I do have to have any kind of surgery at least I won't miss spring, summer and early fall and all the fun stuff to do in warmer weather....

Christine--I try to go to Slim-n-Tone 3 times a week with on of them being Wednesday so I can stay for the Pilates class. There are people that go all six days a week and some that go one or two. There are weeks I only do two days because something comes up and I have rarely gone four but never any more than that. It's usually Mon & Wed evenings and Friday mornings--there is one lady who I meet up with up that does the same schedule without the Pilates class

Susan --I love popcorn with garlic!! I agree with Ellen do the weight loss for you--that Ellen is just full of wisdom...hey did you wink at your maintenance guy for me!!

Ellen--your kitchen with it's new paint and pretty yellow rug sounds so cheery--I am still deciding on ideas for the non-purple kitchen--you girls were so full of helpful ideas--I did decide to paint the spare bathroom purple and buy a new shower curtain for it....DH never uses it--if I planned right I could take a day off without him and have it done and get rid of the paint smell before he got home--he doesn't use that bathroom so he might not realize I'd done it for months....I like the chip on the shoulder tattoo--too funny--When I get to my ultimate weightloss goal of 140..I want to get another tattoo of a lotus flower on my lower back

Angie--hope you didn't get too baked in the tanning bed

Where's Ginny!! Katy...are you somewhere knitting away??

Hi to Mindee, Eileen, Michelle, Marti, Sue and Connie..and anyone else I might have missed!!

Whatever happenned to EM??
Old 04-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #11  
Closed

Ginny I am wounded , Honestly up until my late thirties I couldn't be in a room with people, my hands would sweat, my eyes teared up, and I would have to leave the room. It got a little better later on, but when I began to open up ,my then husband wouldn't allow it and put an end to that , forbid me to talk to anyone, forbid me to have friends, forbid me to go out. Threatened me, and that's when I headed for the hills. I have always had a happy disposition ,looking for the brighter side to life , but have never been free to express it I guess. I think this is the real me, but I still hide inside myself. I think it might get better in time, but I still can't go into places where there are a lot of people.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

A quick fly by today girls....

I have to get the lawn mowed (it's gorgeous out w/NO rain!)
And I need to wash the car.

Take advantage of the sun while we have it. Suppose to rain by the end of the week!!

No gazelle for me today....no time. (what an excuse!)

Hugs to all!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Ginny-DS's girlfirend belongs to a Curves and doesn't like it--she came for a couple of Pilates classes with me and loves the owner of the S-N-T I go to and says as soon as she gets out of the Curves contract she's joining with us. As far as messing up individuals...I have done it too...

Ellen--early in our marriage my husband was very controlling and on occasions even physically abusive--I finally got the guts to leave and he promised to change and wanted to work things out so we went to counseling. It was very enlightening for me when the counselor told my husband to be quiet when the counselor asked me a question so that I could answer it myself--I never realized that I was letting him speak for me. After the kids went to school and I went back to work, I had a wonderful manager who really helped my self esteem issues and I began to find me again continuing the work that began during counseling. My DH can still be a little controlling and emotionally distant but he has come a long way too. He has never been physically abusive again since I left because he knows I would leave again if it happens. I too have the tendency to be quiet and hide inside myself. I have improved but the doubts linger...

Ellen, I think you are a wonderful person and we just need to stop doubting ourselves and see the good things others see in us...you too Susan!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #14  
ugggg.....

Marti--mowing the lawn and washing the car will give you a good workout!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

You know self affirmations might be a wonderful thing. I was going to do it. Need to boost my self esteem on a daily bases. I usually wake up and say 'oh, my gosh...I am getting so fat" ...."oh, my gosh....I am so dumb" ....."hate myself" lol
I do. I guess it isn't funny.
Anyway, these last 6 months have been horrid trying to keep myself esteem up. Just working hard daily to keep one foot ahead of the other and all the problems with the girls and feeling like a failure as a mother.
Gosh......what a strong person I am to be still standing! I am amazing. I deserve those damn shoes!

hmmmmm, now I need to go like I believe all that. ........
Closed Thread