Old 04-17-2006, 04:59 AM   #1  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Default Weekly Chat *** April 17 - April 23 ***

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?

So i am 350 minutes away from my goal for this month, I'm proud of myself. Tomorrow I will be hitting the gym again. I feel so much better. I hope i can reach my goal within the next 2 or 3 days.

Things are finally starting to look up. ...

Tonight I will finish up the dvd authoring part of the project so it can be sent out to be reproduced x's a million.
Later today I have a dentist appointment for a consultation. I want to get some lumineers after i get all my procedures done. No drills people! Laser all the way. I wonder how much it will cost me. No dental insurance. Bleh.
On Tuesday I will be having another interview at a different place, maybe I'll like it there. It is also a million miles closer.

Well off I go back to work. Hope all of you had a nice Easter.

It's the 17th day in April....
Did you know we already have done
223.3 HOURS
13,402 MINUTES

of exercise as a group?! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 04-17-2006 at 05:15 AM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:28 AM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i forgot it was monday - i need another day off as this 4 day weekend really does not feel like it was longer at all.

congratulations trns you are going to bowl your goal over for april. look out - that means much more next month proud of you too.

i figured i can definately still get my goal in for the month, but need to step it up a notch. i think now that the first week of non-smoking is over and whatever emotional rollercoaster i was on has slowed down, i can focus back on what i need to - food and exercise.

easter wasn't so bad. i think i had one chocolate and really didn't indulge that much. next weekend we are having another family get together as that is when OH's family can see his kids for easter (they were with their mum this weekend), so that may be bit more of a challenge. i need to think of a menu for brunch . . . .

anyway, lots of exercise and good eating in front of me this week - i can feel it in my bones
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

thank you Trnfrmr for shaming me/but more motivating me into getting my butt in to the gym. I was already making excuses on why I couldn't go tonight...but I can. THank you for that!

It's MONDAY! Argh! Everyone have a great one!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well another week here I come! Easter was not completely unfortunate luckily there was lots of activities: Kite flying, Volleyball, Trail Walking and playing with my puppy in the river. Today I have to work a ton (bleh) but am scheduling a run with myself later on.

maja - You are doing so well knocking that goal down. All it took was you to get past it and now it is a piece of cake? I have a dentist appt on Wednesday blech! Hope your job interview goes well.

Daisy - I hear you about this weekend not being long enough.

spill - she is great for motivation isn't she? I too need to get some gym time in.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #5  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone,

Happy Monday! Sorry I wasn't around last week - just very busy, stressed, a lot to do, and not in front of the computer much. I started off last week going to bed late Sunday, and never caught up on sleep the whole week, and being tired makes everything else so much harder.

I didn't make it to the gym much b/c of being tired, large & painful blisters on feet, knees hurting, hips hurting. But I did turn down cake, cookies, chips, etc. multiple times last week and was so proud b/c that's the first time I've shown such restraint in a long time. This week my injuries are better so I'll definitely be gym-ing it, and I need to get some April minutes in!

I have some sad news. I mentioned a few months ago that BF had adopted a stray puppy and I loved having a dog. Pup is no longer with us. He chewed into a chemical container and ate some chemical. BF never even imagined he would find it, let alone eat through the heavy duty packaging.

I'm trying to catch up from last week but I'm afraid I've missed a lot.

Stephanie & Jina, congratulations on your new jobs!

Jess, congrats on your engagement! That is so wonderful.

trnsfrmnreplace you are so close to your goal already! You go girl! Reminds me to get my butt to the gym. I don't have dental insurance either... it totally sucks. I can sympathize.

Daisy, you are doing such a great job at quitting smoking! I can only imagine how hard it is. Keep up the good work!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #6  

happy monday everyone. i hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. mine was just like any other weekend, although that wasn't super terrible because it helped me stay on point.

saturday i had a really busy day. i went to the gym at 8 and at noon i was playing tennis for about two hours in the sun (i got a bit burned). so i burned a lot of calories, and ate pretty well, but then i went to the bars so i had a couple drinks that probably undid it. . it was worth it because it almost needed to see my friend if i still wanted to call her a friend. it's crazy but if i make plans before i NEVER want to go out, but if i don't, then i really want to go out and it's harder to coordinate things. that's what happened saturday. after the gym, tennis, and the sun, i just wanted to go to sleep (i feel so old). i'm glad i went though.

this week i plan to get three outdoor runs in and all my water (the two things i'm having a hard time with).

megan- i'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. i remember how excited you were to get him.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #7  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi Girls!
Not much new with me. Still havent lost any weight but its all good. Im trying to cut down my carb intake, and my sodium, and increasing my water intake to maybe get rid of some of this waterweight (well atlest what i THINK is water weight lol)
Im thinkin of goin to the gym this morning, if not I will probably just go for a quick walk/jog this morning and then again tonight. I should be getting my Biggest loser workout video soon and im goin to try to do that everyday, on top of walking. Im not going to weigh myself this week I dont think becuase i get so upset when i see the number that i think about giving up and go eat stuff I shouldnt.
Hope you girls are having a great morning! And I hope all your easters were good!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #8  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Well, i got off my butt and went to the gym today for 35 minutes. Not much but the hubby and kid was at home and todays his day off so i didnt want to leave him alone with Jay for too long. Im going to go for another walk tonight I think..

Other than that, im feelin a little off latley. I dont know what it is.. I dont feel SICK, just kinda wierd. I hope I feel better soon because its throwing me off my exercise scedule a little. Maybe its because of the weather change...

I think im going to start water aerobics again this year. I did it while I was prego and loved it, and now maybe it will benefit me more.. They do it monday, weds and friday. I think i want to loose a little weight before i go tho because im feeling really self conscious putting on a bathing suit infront of all those people.. Most of them are tiny little twigs too so it makes me feel even worse.. Maybe ill go buy some shorts or something to put on when i go to cover up my cottage cheese thighs lol.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #9  

Daisy Boo - I was wondering where your official post was. hehehe. Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, I'm worried that i will have to up my minutes and then not make it. Boy i don't like change! hehehe.

spillthebeans - Shaming you? NO WAY. You are well on your way to reaching your goal. 654 minutes past most people out there in the world that expect results and sit on the couch all day long. Now get to the gym!

Megan1982 - Good job on the healthy decisions. Maybe you should do stretching at home when you have blisters so you still get your minutes in. Did your puppy die? or? Yea, not having dental insurance sure does up the bill A LOT.

chicagoposter - Does your gym have a tennis court or did i read that wrong? I can't wait till tomorrow. It's suppose to be 81 F here in California. Maybe i can lay out for a bit so i don't look so much like a ghost.

Marineswife85 - Be glad you went to the gym. that is all that matters, doesn't matter for how long. It's the only way to make it a habit.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well my day went from leisurely to hectic just like that. Had to go shoot golf and now have to shoot soccer this evening. I was planning on doing an outdoor run when things cooled off but soccer will be replacing that I am still planning on running it will just have to be on my treadmill now (boo!) Doing well with food today (other than a coffee) but man am I tired...

megan - sleep deprivation sucks...I know where you are coming from with that one. Glad your injuries are better and you can get back on track with your workouts, be careful though! I am so sorry to hear about your puppy hun.

chicago - I would love to learn tennis...no partner though. Isnt that the best exercise...having fun out in the sun!

heather - I am so proud of you for getting your butt to the gym. I know when weight loss stalls it can be counterproductive and make you think why bother, glad to see you are using it as motivation. I have never tried water aerobics, it is pretty popular at my gym...offered more times a week than any other class. I always pictured old ladies when I thought about it though, is it actually challenging?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #11  

trnsfrmnreplace- nope. my gym has almost everything BUT tennis courts. i went to the gym in the morning, then came home and my bf and i decided to enjoy the nice weather and hit the ball around.

stephie- both of us aren't good, but i want to take lessons and play with my sister during the week, and beat him on the weekend.

marine- congrats on the gym. it's better than nothing and maybe you'll start getting hooked! water aerobics sounds like fun. i feel the same way, i am too self-conscious to swim now, but i keep on telling myself if i can just lose some lbs. then i'll go first, but to be honest, i never noticed people when i swam, i got in and got out, so i may have to convince myself to just do it too (i'm just kinda scared because last time i went to a public pool i got an ear infection) ok, gotta stop with the excuses!
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #12  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

I’m so bummed some people got a 4 day weekend not me! Easter was super fun but I completely fell off the wagon ate way too many sweets. I won’t be weighing in this week I’ll wait until next Monday. If I see a gain it will be entirely to discouraging. Today is the back on track day and for lunch I had a huge green salad yummy and within my points for the day.

I think I’m going to look into some dance classes for additional exercise this summer.

I was totally gone all week…so Stephanie & Jina, congratulations on your new jobs and Jess, congrats on your engagement.

trnsfrmnreplace – Quick question, are luminaries those that they place on top of your own that look really great? When I reach my half way point of weight loss I’m getting my teeth whitening because the amount of coffee I drink my teeth have gotten a bit stained.

Marineswife85 – Water aerobics sounds like such fun, but a bathing suit not so fun.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #13  

chicagoposter - I wish my love had time to workout/ do sports with me. You are lucky! I have a tennis court at my parents house but it gets old to hit the ball all by yourself. I rather go do a hike.

rosiek2277 - Lumineers are the new version of veneers. But they are painless and unlike veneers they are as thin as a contact lense, and they don't have to destroy your original tooth to put them on. Yea, i drink too much tea and my teeth aren't the white color i want. I've done the laser one hour whitening before [bright smile/zoom], it did it's job, but the results didn't last for too long.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #14  

Hmm, does bowling count as exercise? We're going bowling tonight. I know it's kind of lame but it's so lame that it's fun... We just don't take ourselves that seriously. Maybe since I've gotten stronger since the last time I bowled, I'll play better! It could happen....

In other news, Leo (FH) finally replaced the 'placeholder' engagement ring he gave me in July with a 'real' one! He needed to save up money before he could buy a diamond ring, but for our 2-year anniversary on Wednesday, he game me one It's beautiful and I love it (and him, of course )

I got my first sunburn of the season hiking around the city looking for boxes (I'm too cheap to buy them!). It's a silly little v-neck sunburn which looks ridiculous.

Sounds like everybody's doing great on the exercise motivation...

Happy almost-over-Monday!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Hope everyone is off to a great week! Mine is seeming pretty ok so far, I'm getting over being sick (Thank you, Antibiotics!) I also have a lot of work coming up this month, and I should be actually doing something instead of just sitting here on the computer. I also would love to work out for today, but I doubt I'm going to. Bummer... I could, we'll see. I have about an hour to decide that. Maybe if I get at least my room cleaned up (Cleaning is my favorite form of procrastination!) Eh, scratch that, probably no gym for today, but maybe I'll get a lot of work done... One can only hope, right? This weekend was great. And good and bad news is the Summer is almost here! This "year" I say that because I'm still in school... has flown by! I just need life to PAUSE a little, wouldn't that be nice... Well, thats it, hope everyone is having a great week!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote