Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default How long???

Hi girls I was wondering something. I just started doing aerobics and Im wondering how long it takes doing low impact aerobics before our bodies start to burn fat?? Some places Ive seen say at least 28 minutes. Just needing to know because I find it hard to do a 30 minute session and was spliting it into 2 15 minute sessions, or just doing one 20 minute one
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:54 AM   #2  
Determined

I have heard 20 minutes, but you are burning calories and working your cardiovascular system, which are both positives regardless!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #3  

It takes 20-30 minutes before fat becomes the primary fuel source. In two 15 min sessions, you are still getting the cardio pulmonary benefits. The exercise also speeds up your metabolism and burns fat for a while after exercise, although this depends more on intensity. The higher the intensity, the longer and stronger the metabolic after burn.

What kinds of low impact aerobics are you doing? Maybe you could rev up the intensity for those two sessions?
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Im basically just making up my own routine But am thinking of buying a tape, maybe that way I'll be to distracted with following it that I wont notice Ive been going for 30 minutes. Any suggestions on good tapes?
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

i really liked the original tae bo tapes-- you get sweaty and also do a bit of strength training.

this is hard to do now that my father moved in with us, but i used to put on some music and just dance for 20-30 minutes. it was fun and good for an afternoon pick-me up
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote