Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Is Core like SBD?

I ask because I just finished doing the first 2 weeks of that plan to help me break through to the next number and it worked but now I'm thinking " should I stick with this or try the core plan because I've heard it alot like SBD.

I posted the same question on the main ww board and I got back was
that I should just go back to flex.

what do you guys think? I'm not too sure if I should go back to flex but
I'm confused.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Why did they tell you to go back to Flex? Had you done it originally? Were you dissatisfied with SDB even though it worked?

There are similarities, in fact there are a LOT of similarities, between the two plans. I think the main difference is fruit, which you can have on Core right away (is it prohibited during P1 of SBD?) and white potatoes. Also, cheese and milk and sour cream must be fat-free on Core instead of low-fat like on SBD.

I know there are others but right now I can't think. I'm sure more people will be along to add their answers.

If you decide to stick around, jump right in and post with us! You might read our daily menu threads to get an idea of what sorts of things we eat, or look thru the recipe section.

Welcome!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #3  
Melissa

catcookie!
I did SBD for a little while and was successful, but stressed out. What's nice about core is that you have the 35 weekly point allowance to eat things that aren't on the plan. That way you can add some bread or sugar or whatever it is that you want instead of completely cutting it out and then having a major binge (like I would do). That's one of the biggest benefits compared to SBD I think.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #4  

Beg pardon but SBD allows bread. You also have 100 calories a day to eat anything you want for treats. If people would actually try the plan, they would find that Core of SBD does not lead to binging if you cut something out. You make a decision to eat what is healthy and postpone the junk. I haven't had a single desire to eat any Easter candy or desserts or anything like that. I feel great now. When I eat that stuff, I feel sick.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Since she's just starting out, I believe she was still in Phase I and last time I checked, bread wasn't allowed and neither was the 100 calories for "extras." According to the SBD site, that starts in Phase 2. I believe she was having headaches during Phase I and was looking for a different plan to alleviate the headaches.

Quote:
Phase 1: Following Phase 1 for two weeks kick-starts your weight loss. You'll eat normal-size portions of lean meat, fish, eggs, reduced-fat cheese, nonfat yogurt, nuts, and plenty of vegetables. Snacks and desserts are part of the plan, as well.

Phase 2: Next, you'll move on to Phase 2, where you'll learn to reintroduce the right carbs, such as whole grains and most fruits. Some indulgences are allowed. You should continue to lose weight on Phase 2 until you reach your goal.

Phase 3: Once you've reached your goal weight, you'll move to Phase 3 (the maintenance phase), where you'll continue to make good eating choices. The plan will feel less like a diet and more like a lifestyle.

I'm glad SBD is working well for you though! It's a very good plan and you're right, the cravings will go away.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Well, this will be my first week on core and I really like it. I look thinner
but I get weighed in this saturday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Closed Thread