General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  

Exclamation X-Weighted - new Canadian weight-loss series

This series started this week, Tuesday nights on the Life network (I saw it as a sneak preview while enjoying insomnia the night before...). It's a little reminiscent of Taking it Off, but showcases just one person's 6-month journey each week. The first episode was based in Calgary. Very Canadian, very un-glitzy, and highly recommended if you're in Canada or can pick up the Canadian signal.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #2  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

It is the a spin off of Taking it Off. I had auditioned for the first show,,,came close, then this show I had my second interview but wasn't picked.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #3  

Angie, what a shame you didn't make it on the show! I saw the second episode tonight, and the two women on it seemed to give up about half way through. I'm sure a committed 3fc poster like you would have done a better job of meeting the challenge. One problem: they didn't have a trainer and/or dietician, just annoying sarcastic Paul the trainer dropping in or calling them in Truro from Calgary...
Maybe next season you'll get the chance to show everyone how it should be done?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I watched two different episodes between Sunday and Tuesday.

The first woman kind of got on my nerves and the other two in the second seemed were dragging their heels and being argumentative and goofing off in some instances. It was interesting so see how 3 different people handled their weight loss issues. I find the Paul guy sarcastic too.

The only thing I thought was dumb was the weigh-ins by candlelight It all just seemed so melodramatic!

I'm looking forward to seeing the next few episodes as I enjoyed the Taking It Off series.
Closed Thread