Old 04-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #1  

Default Update and fun website......

Hey all....

Well..good news...today was my official weigh in day and I'm down 1.5 lbs...bringing me to 173.5 (I guess you can't do .5's on the tracker thing?). Anyways..I'm really happy about that....it seems like my plateau days are over for the time being. I think I've really been stepping up my exercise and getting a lot more water in and it's helping.

Oh..I just wanted to mention too.... I was watching the news last evening and they were talking about this website so I thought I'd give it a try. It's myheritage.com ......you can upload a picture of yourself and it will analyze your face and then bring up celebrities that apparently have your face structure/look like you. I did it with a couple different photos...and some were outrageous......but some were actually kind of close....or celebs that I've been told I look like,etc. They said to try different pics and look for a trend with the same celebs..... The one that came up the most often for me was Rita Hayworth...not bad. Reuben Studard came up on one of mine..I wasn't too happy about that..lol. I don't know how scientific it is...but it's kind of fun...oh and it's free! Anywho...just thought I'd share it with you all...

Ok..I better run....

Luv,
Liv
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I went to that site and the first match that came up for me was Katie Holmes, although, the picture I used was from when I was 30 lbs. heavier. I'm planning on taking an updated picture soon and I'll try it again since my face has changed a bit.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #3  
One day at a time...

I've done that before! I was 67% match with Kate Winslet.
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Congrats on your weight loss, Olivia!

Fun! Fun! Fun website! So first picture I uploaded (a wedding picture at 50 pounds less than I weigh now ) said I was a 74% match to all of these people - Anna Kournikova, Julie Andrews, Tyra Banks, Julianna Moore, Reese Witherspoon and a 72% match to Shakira! What a hoot since I look nothing like any of them - see wedding picture attached! The website said to upload another picture and see which ones showed up more than once. So on a current pic I was a 71% match to Eddie Murphy! (Maybe my DH looks more like him - see attachment?! ) Anyways, Eddie was followed by Jada Pinkett Smith, Meryl Streep and then Shakira! Shakira was the only one who showed up for me more than once. I've NEVER been told I look like any of them! Too funny! So I did DH and over and over it said he's a match to B.B. King, Magic Johnson & Cuba Gooding Jr. I can see that.

Last edited by Nori71; 03-20-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #5  

Hi Nori....
I'm glad you had fun with the site...I think it's kind of fun..lol. I think it goes more by face shape than anything...and like bone structure. I looked at some pictures of Rita Hayworth..(my closest match in all)...and it's not so much that I look like her...but I do think our bone structure/face shapes are similar....she has a square face like me and high cheek bones..etc. I don't know...it's kind of fun to play around with anyways..lol. Oh...and thanks for the kind comments about my weight loss last week.....I kind of messed up for Easter yesterday..eeek..so I'm hoping I can get back on track....Ok..talk to you soon..
Luv,
LIv
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #6  
No description available.

Nori~Just had to comment on your gorgeous family! You all have the most amazing smiles!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Liv, congrats on your 1.5 loss I need to shake up my eating/exercise routine since I've been slowing down in the weight loss dept as well. Anyway, thanks for the link to the website. I saw it on a morning TV news show yesterday but didn't take note of the addy.

The celebs I matched most closely with were Asian (lots of Thai TV actresses or models...has anyone ever heard of Woranuch Wonsawan or Tata Young??? I thought that was hilarious because I love Thailand and have traveled there for shopping and touring on 2 occasions). I guess the Asian vibe fits since I am half Filipino. I put my son's pics in and two of his hits were Matt Dillon and Mark Wahlberg, hotties if I say so myself. This was fun! I just ran through the house taking pics of my mom and dad, my niece and my sis just to run through the program. Thanks!

p.s. Nori, you and hubby have got quite a little cutie on your hands! She's adorable! And BTW, Cuba Gooding (jr or sr.) is a hottie too!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

Liv, I think it is face shape too.

Thanks midwife and Noelle. BTW Noelle, my 2 year old, Olivia (the one on DH's back), was a match to Tata Young also! She has Asian eyes. Don't know exactly how she got them! My 1 year old was matched with Liv Tyler and John Travolta. Hmmm...
Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #9  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I came up with a new twist for that website:

Plugging in pics of the celebrities themselves and seeing what pops up!

Some funny results:

Alexis Bledel: came up as 76% herself

Russell Crowe: came up as 75% himself

Antonio Banderas: didn't come up as him at all. First pick was... wait for it... BEN KINGSLEY at 71%.

James Dean: didn't come up as himself either. However, proving six degrees of Kevin Bacon, he did come up as looking like KB at 74%. And 71% Oscar Wilde.

Judging from this... I'm not sure this thing is, um, accurate, but it is fun!

I came up as a whole bunch of people depending on what pic I put in. Susan Sarandon, Sophie Marceau; both I WISH! And... Matthew Perry! Sha right!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:00 AM   #10  
One life, live it well

That's funny, because I put in a pic of my 18 yo brother and he happened to be wearing a tee shirt with a large picture of Jimi Hendrix on the front. It identified Jimi's face as a "face", but not his!! He must not be one of the 3,500 most popular people.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #11  
Downsizing Dee!

Good to see that you broke through your platuea, Liv. Congratulations!

I did the same thing as Nori and uploaded 2 sets of pics - then and now. I chose to see both genders and for both pictures it came up with Brad Pitt. I supposed if I have to look like a man, Brad Pitt is the way to go. Fun site!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good to hear that you broke your plateau!

Okay, my first match was to Warren Beatty?? What's up with that? Then I got Hugh Hefner!! Oh, my!! Okay, Michelle Pfeiffer and Julia Roberts were in there, too, but HUGH HEFNER?!? He just turned 80, didn't he? I'm going to slather on even more face cream every night. . .
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Hmm...well, when I put in my picture before (30 pounds chunkier) I was matched with Katie Holmes. I put in my current picture and now my closest match is John Denver! Well, Cindy Crawford was my third closest match this time around, so I guess it's not that terrible. That is a fun site.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #14  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Ok..that was fun. It came up Gweneth Paltro, Eva Longoria and a couple of dudes that I never heard of. Interesting
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote