Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #1  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Default Dropping weight TOO quickly?

Not that I don't mind losing weight quickly... I don't mind at all. But I want to do this safely and healthily so I need to make sure I'm not losing TOO quickly.

Over the past two weeks, I haven't really been that hungry. And when I've been hungry, it's mostly been for good foods. Great, right? Well yeah, except that I've been struggling almost every day to get enough calories. I'm averaging out to about 1236 a day, though some days I barely make it over 1100. To compensate, I haven't been exercising as vigorously as I had been, though still exercising at least 6 hours per week.

Before the last two weeks, I was losing about half a pound a week. Definitely an acceptable number. I was doing vigorous exercises and averaging out my calories at 1400. Over the last two weeks, I've lost 4.6 pound. Is this still a safe amount of weight to be losing, or should I be trying harder to eat more?

Thanks, everybody
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I wouldn't worry about it yet...decreased appetite might be a result of starting something somewhat new (also if you are exercising a lot, exercise can decrease your appetite somewhat). I normally eat around 1200-1300 calories but just as easy as I can have some ice cream and shoot up to 1500 I will sometimes go several days in a row with a very low appetite and hover 900-1100. If it continues this way for a few weeks I'd be worried, but I think if you're getting in all your protein and vitamins than you will be fine. The lbs lost does seem a little high, so it's most likely at least partially water weight. Once again, I'd wait a third and fourth week and see what your weight does. Chances are it will stall following a loss like that, which will be disappointing, but I wouldn't worry *too* much unless that loss really continues for a while.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9

I don't know, but I never really was concerned too much with losing weight too quickly. I ate when I was hungry and even had to force myself to eat sometimes. I exercised (and still do) every day. I knew that I was eating healthily, even though some days my calorie range didn't go too far above
800, which I know is not good. But, I averaged a lost of about 2 pounds per week. I lost 8 pounds my very first week. All in all, I never wanted to force food into my mouth. I went through a period where, on and off, even thinking about eating made me nauseous. But, that leveled off, and now I'm good.To me, losing 60 pounds in like 2 months would be way too quickly. But, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with losing 2 pounds per week.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

2lbs per week is considered healthy. On days you arent that hungry you can have some calorie dense snacks such as nuts, avocado, add a teaspoon or so of olive oil to a salad. Little things that account for alot.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #5  
Meg

I agree, two pounds a week is fine. I averaged about 2.5 pounds per week during the year that I was losing and I did it in a safe and healthy way, with healthy foods and lots of exercise. But don't be surprised if your weight loss continues to bounce around -- I lost anywhere from 4 to 17 pounds every four weeks, even though I followed the same eating and exercise plan. Sometimes our bodies lose fat on their own schedule!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 225/215/200

Height: 5'5

I have lost 20 lbs since i joined this site. I joined March 2nd, i believe.

I'm not complaining, but it seems really fast! I'm just counting calories and exercising, i'm doing it all the right way, so i guess i shouldn't be worried!
leJellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #7  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your responses. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right, you know? Normally on days when I haven't eaten enough calories, I'll eat some peanut butter or something like that. It's a good boost of calories, and the protein is nice too. Thanks again!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote