General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 12:39 AM   #1  
I will be successful

Angry I'm on Atkins and need some help

Hello there
I am trying yet another diet, this time it's Atkins. I am at the end of the induction period,...did fantastic the first week (lost almost 11") now the second week I just seem to have plateaued
I am not having a problem following it, I am exercising daily, and I don't know what the problem could be. Am wondering if anyone has experienced this?

Shay
Old 08-05-2001, 02:05 PM   #2  
I will be successful

Hello
I am hoping someone will not just view this post, but also reply to it. I know that I cannot be the only one this has happened to and am looking for some pointers, anything will help!!

Shay
Old 08-05-2001, 04:11 PM   #3  

Default Hello

Hi Shay!!!! Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and every one is different in how much they lose during induction... I am on week 3 of Atkins...the first week I lost 6 lbs, then nothing until the 13th day, dropped 2 more then the day after induction I dropped 2 more for a total of 10 lbs.....NOW however I have not dropped anymore and knowing my body the way I do (and again, everyone is different), I think my body is trying to adjust to the loss and the different way of eating and the nutrients.... Hang in there... I know that if you keep working the Atkins WOE you will eventually lose the weight... ALSO, there will be times that u dont show any loss on scale but may be losing inches so make sure you measure yourself.....

Sorry I dont know too much else as I am a beginner in this new Low Carbing but jump over to the LOW CARB board here on 3FC and I know there are a few ladies who have been Lowcarbing for longer than I have that may have some better insights......I have been getting a lot of support over there and I love the Positive attitudes and the help I get.... HOPE YOU JOIN US.........

Good Luck
Old 08-05-2001, 09:05 PM   #4  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

HANG IN THERE!!!

I am also on Atkins. Please come over to the Low Carb Site. A group of us low carbers (like Terri) have a thread there called Support #3. (You can go back and look at Atkins Diet Support and Support #2 also...I started the thread as Atkins support but it switched to Support #2 cause all low carbers are welcome on it.)

You must give yourself time to adjust. I have been on the plan almost 2 months. I have lost 21 so far and I have about 80 more to go. My loses are not steady. I have lost each week..but it was like 6, 2, 4, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3. The inches make a difference too. We do not seem to give the inches credit......only the pounds. Find a pair of tight jeans or shorts or something and use them to chart your progress! Believe me...you are losing inches!!!

It sounds like you are on the right track..and terri gave some excellent advice. My dad has taken off 20 pounds in 6 weeks and my sister has lost 12. It works...just stick with it!

I am 43 years old and have been battling the buldge for 1/2 my life. This program is working for me and I am not hungry, feel high energy and have had no cravings for bad stuff! I also walk each day. Everyone is different, but if you feel you can have success with this plan...go for it! (I have not felt this good in a loooooong time!)

PLEASE come over to LOW CARB and join us. I promise you will not be sorry!

Old 08-05-2001, 09:08 PM   #5  

Hi,
I lost 35 pounds on Atkins since the middle of March. One thing about it that's hard is that you lose very erratically, especially after your initial losses. I lost 5 pounds a week for the first 4 weeks and then it took me until July to lost 15 more pounds. Be very very careful that you don't cheat on it at all with the carbohydrates because if you do, it throws the process off and you will either not lose or even gain weight. Also, I think that drinking lots of water each day [6 - 8 glasses] is pretty necessary.
I don't like not eating very many fruits & vegetables, long-term. That's why I've recently switched to the Weight Watchers diet. That is proving to have its own challenges, however.
Switch diets if you get too discouraged, rather than giving up. I think that may be part of the process for some of us; we can learn some things about our own bodies from each of the different diets we try. Good luck!
Closed Thread