Old 04-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #1  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Post Inspirational Quotes

I thought it would be a good idea to post inspirational quotes that you have written or seen/read somewhere.
They can be quotes about anything, weightloss or life. Place a smile, or a glimmer of hope upon someone elses face. At times we all need a little "a-ha" moment.

Post yours!

"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." - Benjamin Mays

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:10 AM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I collect quotes, so I could really go on and on here. But I'll just put up an excellent quote I heard on tv today....

The grass isn't greener in your neighbor's yard. It's greener in your own yard when you water it!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:14 AM   #3  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #4  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresurferchick
I collect quotes, so I could really go on and on here. But I'll just put up an excellent quote I heard on tv today....

The grass isn't greener in your neighbor's yard. It's greener in your own yard when you water it!
lol i heard that too

Last edited by Marineswife85; 04-10-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Some inspirational Quotes:

Diets make you look good in clothes, exercising makes you look good naked.

A goal is only as worthy as the effort that's required to achieve it.

Those who do not find time for exercise now will have to find time for illness.
—The Earl of Derby, 1873

Success is never permanent, and failure never final. -Mike Ditka

Some slightly less inspirational quotes:

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you call them something, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life gives you lemons
...squirt them in its eye, kick it, take its wallet, and run away
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #6  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Chubby
Some inspirational Quotes:

Diets make you look good in clothes, exercising makes you look good naked.
I love this one!!!!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #7  

those are great.

the one i heard quite a bit for a while is:

nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

How about

"you have to be the change you want to see in the world." - Ghandi

or one of my faves

"act as if."
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #9  
Determined

In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility. -- Eleanor Roosevelt
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #10  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

I love quotes!!!

here are some

History has determined that the most notable winners usually encounter hearbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because the refused to become discouraged by their fears --b.C Forbes (MY FAVE)

Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It's a strengthening of his powers of
accomplishment."
--Eric Butterworth

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
~ Frank Outlaw ~
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #11  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

oh and P.S.

Check out "quote Garden" on the web!!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Boo
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
That's a good one. He had many...

"Come to the rescue with love and peace will follow"
-River Phoenix
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

here are some of mine!

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia

**** is the knowledge of opportunity lost; the place where the man I am comes face to face with the man I might have been.
- unknown

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

When you reach for the stars, you may not get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud, either.

My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
- Abraham Lincoln

sandi
Sandi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #14  
here I go again...

A great one for today's workout:

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." Ralph Waldo Emerson
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #15  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Thumbs up When there just isn't enought time...

When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee;

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous, "Yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.

"The sand is everything else---the small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "There is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life; If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote